FORUMS

Conquest - Where It Went Wrong

Posted: //
July 21, 2018, 5:54 a.m.

Firstly, lemme start with how much I love Conquest. It's purely objective based where your kill record means nothing. Your main goal is to conquer the map, and destroying ships occupying territory. It's a classic territorial game mode.

As for where it went wrong -

Visually, compared to the cinematic, it would've been great to be given Red vs Blue ship coatings, instead of your side being blue, and the enemy side being red (through your enemy's side, they're blue and you're red)

There's very little reward for conquering parts of the map. There's only point rewards for capturing points A and B. If a team should capture both A and B, that's about it. Majority of the map will be Blue (or red if the enemy team has both). Should the enemy team become (I'm sorry) a load of jerks, (again, I'm sorry) and spawn camp your team (once more, I'm sorry) there's not only no reward, but then you're also ruining the fun for that team. It turns from a fun match into "Why are you in our spawn? We spawn in the same places, we can't get out, this is stupid" etc., etc., etc.,. (I personally got super angry when this happened a few hours ago)

Conquest tells us that, upon respawning, we are given Defensive Buffs.

• What are these buffs?
  • Where are they indicated?
  • How long do they last?
  • What exactly do they do?
  • Does a Disruptor Pulse/Missile/Ammo get rid of them?
  • Do Stasis Pulse/Missile/Ammo affect them?
  • Does a Tartarus Missile automatically remove these effects?

The team I was on was spawn camped for about a minute. A minute where we couldn't so much as LEAVE our spawning zone.

In conquest, the only two CAPTURABLE points are A, B, and everything in between. Spawn zones don't give anything and are not capturable. So being near the spawn zones automatically kills the fun.

Additionally, (and this is just an idea) if someone should fly back to their team spawn zone (without dying) they should be able to have: Energy Refilled and/or Modules Refreshed and/or Debuffs Scrubbed (once every life, like Desperate Measures) to encourage more movement. Enemies who enter spawn zones should be given a Purge (energy drained, modules disrupted, armor broken, movement slowed) and this effect should last no longer than 5 seconds (5 seconds is a long time when you can't do anything). Upon respawning, ally ships should have 100% armor, increased weapon damage, increased module damage and healing, debuffs instant scrubbed, and increased movement speed (to get out quicker). A perimeter, like points A and B have, should be known and visualized in a similar manner. However, this defensive buff should not last longer than 10 seconds. (10 seconds is a long time when you're trying to escape spawncampers)

Find ways to discourage spawn camping, this game mode is much too fun to be ruined in such a manner. I'll say again, I love Conquest, I really do. But this needs to be adjusted. The buffs/debuffs are just ideas.

July 21, 2018, 6:45 a.m.

You have to take up map space to score points. Blowing up ships as they spawn is as good a way to win as any. I agree it's not a fun way to win. But it is a way.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

July 21, 2018, 5:55 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-223750) said:

Blowing up ships as they spawn is as good a way to win as any. I agree it's not a fun way to win. But it is a way.

And here lies the issue, there's supposed to be a defensive thing for ships that come back. There is NOT. They are locked to that one spawn point without any way to get out.

July 21, 2018, 6:04 p.m.

Each time you respawn, you are given invincibility (100% damage resistance) for ten seconds, indicated by a green shield next to your health bar. No debuf modules can tamper with this effect. If I have any advise for you, try and take down campers the second you can respawn, as fast as you can- they will always lose to your invulnerability

Join the Community Discord!

https://discord.gg/uvUsYP

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.