FORUMS

The things that make this game not fun

Posted: //
Aug. 3, 2018, 11:12 a.m.

Hellooooooooooo

The OP's point is valid and here is why: Recruit mode vs Vet/Legendary. When you go back and play this mode, you will immedietly notice that the game "feels" better. I think this is because this is simply more of a "Pure" game mode. Yes these distruption modules are still in the game but their effects are lessened and also not needed as much because ships like Tacticals and Corvettes are not nearly as strong in the higher tiers ( due mostly because of stronger modules and OB - "Cough" "Cough" Desperate Measures )

Using other games ( WoT ) as a comparison is not helpful.

My problem has always been that the game seems to evolve into a non-sense bleep-show of Modules that do in many ways suck the fun out of the game. Yes there are ways to counter modules but the basic fact is that these modules STOP something or PREVENT something.

• This essentially disconnects you from the product *

• In a game like this where getting from point A to B can be slow and difficult I think it is bad idea to then also have more things in the game that make it slower, difficult, and downright throw the controller against the wall frustrating. ( and again to the OP's point, Scrambler for example is still the dumbest thing I have ever seen in a game of this type )

Also, I would like to say that I am not in favor of removing these types of modules. They can and should exist to add flavor - but perhaps at the higher tiers and with OB combinations they become too strong? Or the ships that are most vulnerable to them ( ie: Dreadnoughts ) need a buff or maybe as the OP suggested Warp is Standard on some ships...

Aug. 3, 2018, 11:44 a.m.

Updated //
Aug. 3, 2018, 11:44 a.m.

Scramble is no different to a flash bang in CS:GO for exsample. The counter to scramble is easy, have damage numbers on and think about what direction the enemy was moving in when they scrambled you. You will see the damage numbers even thought you can't see the ship, also your sheilds and modules work while scrambled. you just don't know if you have a target lock. but if they scrambled you chances are you do, just fire away. and with a bit of luck, you can kill them with ease.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Aug. 4, 2018, 3:48 a.m.

I can't believe they still haven't fixed the particle beam secondary... It's been a year since they told me personally they were going to fix it. It's been two years since the issue was first brought up. Grinding for stuff that doesn't work ran all your players off and you still haven't worked it out.

Aug. 4, 2018, 5:23 a.m.

Sleipnir#5272 posted (#post-224384) said:

I can't believe they still haven't fixed the particle beam secondary... It's been a year since they told me personally they were going to fix it. It's been two years since the issue was first brought up. Grinding for stuff that doesn't work ran all your players off and you still haven't worked it out.

What are you referring to? I've never noticed an issue.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Aug. 4, 2018, 5:38 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-224385) said:

Sleipnir#5272 posted (#post-224384) said:

What are you referring to? I've never noticed an issue.

I think the issue with them is the low damage output of roughly 300 dps that renders them pretty much useless.

Aug. 4, 2018, 6:22 a.m.

The destroyer secondary weapons? Yeah they are not great, but then flak is superior for taking out corvettes.

Aug. 4, 2018, 7:26 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-224387) said:

The destroyer secondary weapons? Yeah they are not great, but then flak is superior for taking out corvettes.

I really wish they would extend the range some on those, to about 1200M. Reload time is pretty poor too. A good vette player will just stay beyong the flak range and decimate you.

Aug. 4, 2018, 7:30 a.m.

Move to the corvette and flak will out DPS them 9 times out of 10.

Aug. 4, 2018, 8:56 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-224389) said:

Move to the corvette and flak will out DPS them 9 times out of 10.

Well, Dreadnought ships arent exactly nimble. Vettes can easily be on your other side by the time youve made a quarter turn. Ive tried to get in range before but doesnt always work.

Aug. 4, 2018, 10:07 a.m.

ever thought of using stasis field on ur dread? most dreads i see run with armor amp as well. if youre also a dread thats found alone then you only have yourself to blame for that since you become a vulnerable fatkid to pick on honestly. flaks on dreads are ideal only if you got a pockethealer with you to charge into the enemy group.

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.