FORUMS

Corvette swarms

Posted: //
July 26, 2018, 5:33 a.m.

It seems heal b@lls are so last week, the new thing is corvette swarming. I've been in various games now where there are 3-4 corvettes on the enemy team and it doesn't matter what game mode you're in, it's always a complete walkover for them.

No matter what loadout you use, you can only ever shoot at one of them at a time, and while you're doing that another one is attacking you. Once they break your team's formation, you're screwed, as your team starts spawning around the map and the vettes are on you and destroy you before you can regroup.

I've tried numerous strategies and ships. Drains, purges, stasis, and while I usually make them work for it, it's not enough to stop them tearing our team up. Really it makes for a pretty frustrating game. Am I missing any obvious strategy, or is this just totally foolproof cheap way of winning?

July 26, 2018, 10:24 a.m.

Updated //
July 26, 2018, 10:26 a.m.

Let me introduce you to the counter:

Jupiter Tac - Artillery Pod, Nuclear Mine, Blast Pulse, Armored Lockdown

Officer Briefing: Desperate measures

Now go.

Murder Death Kill those Corvettes

( I experiment with Glass Cannon OB as well and get good results if you can keep your HP up with Repair Pod or Auto repair )

Also, a lot of players may not realize that the Corvette players are also using Desperate Measures which makes them even more frustrating to deal with.

July 26, 2018, 10:33 a.m.

Yeah they're all using desperate measures and combinations of scrambler mines, blast pulse, disrupt, torp salvo and so on. It's a constant barrage.

I tried a setup similar to that with the Aion, it's effective but still extremely difficult to avoid getting overwhelmed. I'll bust out the Harwich and give it a go.

July 27, 2018, 8:44 a.m.

I've yet to find a fully viable counter, but then again I try and balance my ships and in general am more geared to taking down dreads and destroyers. I've never made a Corvette killer specific build.

Destroyer: flak cannons will tear them up IF they get in range but I usually keep a Torpedo Salvo ready too.

Dreads: Repeater Cannons aren't bad, but I can usually hit them with my Ballistic Broadside and do some damage. The quick reload helps.

Artys: I use Proximity Mines as the primary counter and have been trying with the Armor Amp recently, although I've not used it much in this case.

July 27, 2018, 12:38 p.m.

for Hunting corvettes I personnally use.

Destroyers: Storm missiles, flashet, drain pulse. warp jump/avasive manuvers.

Tactics. Lauch the flashet first, if they have anti missile pulse that will use it up, hit them with the drain, then storms, follow up with flak or main guns if needed. Use the warp or AM to close or get out of dodge.

Dreads, light torpedoes, balistic/plasma broadside, stasis pulse. warp or armor amp.

tactics. his with stasis, then unload with torpedoes or broadside depending on where they are. finish off with main or secondar guns depedning on what they are and range.

Tacticals. Tesla pods, drain mines, blast pulse, energy gen.

Deploy the mines and pods. hit blast pulse when in range and finish off with main or secondary weapons dependning on range.

These are just what I use.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

July 27, 2018, 2:10 p.m.

Those are all effective builds, but the problem is, as I said above, when you're getting swarmed you'll be lucky if you take out one of them. After that it's rinse and repeat, and once they break up your formation your entire team is easy pickings.

July 27, 2018, 4:54 p.m.

In my opinion, it's all about situtational awareness,"Catch them before they catch you." In my builds with my Nox. I utilize modules that allow me to address multiple target(s) e.g. prox. mines, disruptor/stasis/damage beams, etc. I find these modules buy me time to out-manuever most of my enemies. If I am caught off guard, armor amp and missile disrupt "usual" allows me time to react accordingly.

DPT

July 27, 2018, 6:34 p.m.

Tractor Beam Pods with the usual DPS Harwich loadout does well. Most corvettes panic once a Tractor Beam Pod locks on.

July 27, 2018, 7:18 p.m.

Good tips, I hadn't thought so much of the defensive modules. Thanks guys, I'll keep trying.

July 30, 2018, 2:03 p.m.

If you have tractor beam pods, nuc mine, blast pulse and emergency evac (similar to what lando described) you can hold your own. The problem is they'll catch on to it and target you since typically the rest of your team doesnt catch on how to deal with it and your're left hanging. I've also found disruptor autobeams on an artillery (tier IV and V) does a good job of throwing vettes off. You just have to constantly keep an eye on it and be ready to activate it as soon as the module turns green.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.