FORUMS

Annd that’s it fun to hate in 1 day

Posted: //
July 28, 2018, 5:18 a.m.

So i should have known downloading a free to play game thst they would entise you in with a really fun enjoyable few hours in the hope they can suck you in by end of tier two to spend real money to compete.

its been said a million times TiER 3 is just an utter unforgivable shower of you know what.. ive gone from enjoying epically close balanced battles in rookie, thoroughly enjoying the game to getting absolutely wrecked every game in veteren because my ship is cannon fodder!

the modueles are now ludicrously expensive, im not paying maintainance on my ship which means if i am lucky.. im receiving 1500 ship xp a game!!!

how am i ever going to get a competitive tier 4 ship at this rate? im gonna have to go through roughly 9 matches just for 1 module... so im guising 90 matches of just getting wrecked all the time before i can finally get a basic T4 ship..

i understand you need to make money.. and you know what if the game maintained its balanced nature from rookie, i would have invested.. but spending Real money to effectively skip the DREAD of ranking up through T3/4 just aint happening ..

excuse any grammatical errors i typed this on the fly on my mobile

July 28, 2018, 6:13 a.m.

Mav_Smileyface#9978 posted (#post-224091) said:

So i should have known downloading a free to play game thst they would entise you in with a really fun enjoyable few hours in the hope they can suck you in by end of tier two to spend real money to compete.

its been said a million times TiER 3 is just an utter unforgivable shower of you know what.. ive gone from enjoying epically close balanced battles in rookie, thoroughly enjoying the game to getting absolutely wrecked every game in veteren because my ship is cannon fodder!

the modueles are now ludicrously expensive, im not paying maintainance on my ship which means if i am lucky.. im receiving 1500 ship xp a game!!!

how am i ever going to get a competitive tier 4 ship at this rate? im gonna have to go through roughly 9 matches just for 1 module... so im guising 90 matches of just getting wrecked all the time before i can finally get a basic T4 ship..

i understand you need to make money.. and you know what if the game maintained its balanced nature from rookie, i would have invested.. but spending Real money to effectively skip the DREAD of ranking up through T3/4 just aint happening ..

excuse any grammatical errors i typed this on the fly on my mobile

While i agree that tier 3 is a pain to get trough, i dont think getting to tier 4 takes too long. When i arrived at tier 3 not to long ago i faced enourmous healballs and stomping and thought: Im not playing veteran fleet until they fix all these issues. So i did go back to recruit fleet and unlocked all tier 3 ships, which is probably the best advice i can give a new player at the moment. Having all tier 3 ships unlocked i finally started playing veteran and i quickly claimed a couple of basic officer briefings like get my good side, reinforced and feedbackloop and so on. For me this was a massive performance boost, which really helped me in fighting tier 4s and advancing the techtree faater because of better exp rewards. Alternatively you could just que up for playing the conquest gamemode. Its pretty easy to play and doesnt require you to kill the enemies to get a lot of points you just place your dreadnought in the middle of the map and hold your terretory or pick a corvette to retake enemy controllpoints while theyre not watching. This should give you 5k exp with battle bonus per match.(thats how i got tier 4 corvettes pretty quickly)

I have played around 60-70 hours and have atleast 2-3 modules on the majority of the tier 4 ships. The true grindwall starts on tier 4. You need 17 modules with the price of 35k-55k exp to unlock a tier 5. As a former world of tanks player this isnt much for me but it mind be for others. Like world of tanks the whole purpose of the game is the grind finally getting to your tier 5 ship takes way more time than actually playing it.

If you think that the grind is way too long then im sorry to say so but this might not be the right game for you because the grind is the game.

I hope this was helpfull

July 28, 2018, 8:17 a.m.

The thing is people get a T3 and automatically assume it can go toe to toe with a geared T4. It can't. A fresh T1 can't really go toe to toe with a geared T2.

Also something we could all do with remembering, we are not the best player out there. There is always someone better. This game is more about team play possisoning and awareness. I've seen T3's working as a team take out T4's like they where nothing. I've been in matches where T3's have out scored geared T4's.

The scoring in this game is about how you play. Use debuffs before getting a kill to boost your score. When playing onslaught shoot all the fighters and assault ships you see on your way back to the fight.

You have 5 ship slots and 2 loadouts. Use them. Just sticking with the same ship and load out and just get in to a respawn and die cycle.

Your score will get better as you get better at the game. As your ships get geared. The best way to look at it is veteran is where the game really starts, and recruit is the tutorial.

I've done a basic guide to recruit and veteran. I'll be posting them once the forum tidy up is complete.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

July 28, 2018, 9:23 a.m.

The gap between T3 and T4 is too big, and paired with the jimp in skill level makes going to Veteran tough. Once you hit the T4 gring T3 doesnt seem much, but dont take that as trying to invalidate your point.

Veteran is where you really start to learn about the game, tactics and counters and what not. Dont get me wrong, that doesnt absolve the game of issues, but Veteran is the true learning experience.

If theres specific things youre wanting advice on posters can offer their help.

July 28, 2018, 10:04 a.m.

i am making my way down the destroyer path so far ive unlocked storm missiles weapon cooldown 3 and aeapong damage boost 3 i find torpedos absolutely useless i rarely see them hit.. i guess advise on torpedos would be nice!

July 28, 2018, 10:29 a.m.

Mav_Smileyface#9978 posted (#post-224102) said:

i am making my way down the destroyer path so far ive unlocked storm missiles weapon cooldown 3 and aeapong damage boost 3 i find torpedos absolutely useless i rarely see them hit.. i guess advise on torpedos would be nice!

torpedoes do not track, so you migt have to get close if you want a torpedo build. Alternitavely, missiles DO track, so you can keep your distance. That being said, I went down the destroyer line pretty efficiantly using a mid-range build. my big rule for myself was to warp out if i got bellow half health or i was not in a one-on-one battle, though i cant really remember my exact build otherwise I would help more.

the big thing with the jupiter arms destroyers- they are MID RANGE, so try not to get to close. they are the pinnacle of middle ground in this game, so it is VITAL that you exploit your enemies weaknesses. You dont have weaknesses, but you lack a good strength to compensate!

the two things you can use to perform better in any class- patience and practice. We all know practice helps, but be patient, pick your targets, and know what yous ship is supposed to do. Dont treat an artillery cruiser like a destroyer, and dont treat a corvette like a dreadnought. If you find that you are not gaining a lot of points in a ship, consider flying a different one unless you really like playing it. There are fifteen ships to choose from, at least one for every player, and most people who have trouble with the grind are simply not playing the ship that they are good at.

hope this helps, and good luck in veteran! o7

Join the Community Discord!

https://discord.gg/uvUsYP

July 28, 2018, 11:14 a.m.

I find the torpedoes to be a fairly good counter to vettes. I use them against large ships but they are very ancillary weapons

July 28, 2018, 11:51 a.m.

Torpedoes do track, just not to the same level as missiles.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

July 29, 2018, 4:17 a.m.

@ Mav, as stated when welcoming you to the game 'Brace yourself for the transition to Tier III'.

It has been highlighted many times by people on the forum, and whether people have agreed or not, it will really come down to you and how it affects your perception of the game.

I hope you will be able to make it through this stage of the game and don't leave like others have; actually, I hope I make it through this stage without leaving lol.

At the moment I do not spend a great deal of time playing Dreadnought because other games allow me to have fun whilst progressing at a rate that seems more fair to me. Dreadnought does not, so I give it the commensurate time I feel is appropriate. Of course this could make things even worse for me as I am really counting on the game itself to keep drawing me back. I'll either make it through or end up some time in the future saying: 'Dreadnought, yeah I did like the game but the progression was a little meh, causing me to play it less and less. Then with other games coming in, I just forgot or found I didn't have the time to play it anymore'. O7

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.