FORUMS

Bots in leg

Posted: //
Aug. 6, 2018, 1:33 a.m.

I agree that bots should be removed in legendary. I'd rather have one less palyer than a bot. I also would rather have a 6vs6 than a 8vs8 with two bots on each side. This would not increase queue times.

I have had a lot of legendary matches where one team obviously lost because the other team was farming bots.

Aug. 6, 2018, 3:08 a.m.

Ortis#6925 posted (#post-224426) said:

I agree that bots should be removed in legendary. I'd rather have one less palyer than a bot. I also would rather have a 6vs6 than a 8vs8 with two bots on each side. This would not increase queue times.

I have had a lot of legendary matches where one team obviously lost because the other team was farming bots.

But that would mean if there was an odd number of people waiting for a match then the odd one out wouldn't get in to a match. Meaning the person can't play legendary at all with the change you want. Hardly fair on people who want to play. Also make it a "rule" in legendary not to farm bots? Could help.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Aug. 6, 2018, 6:36 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-224428) said:

Ortis#6925 posted (#post-224426) said:

But that would mean if there was an odd number of people waiting for a match then the odd one out wouldn't get in to a match. Meaning the person can't play legendary at all with the change you want. Hardly fair on people who want to play. Also make it a "rule" in legendary not to farm bots? Could help.

I don't really get your point. If there are 17 people in queue right now then one cannot play too and if it is 15 people then one team has a bot which has no chance against legendary players and will just be farmed. But as I said I wouldn't mind to play 7vs6 or 8vs7 even if I am on the team with fewer players, because at least the other team can't farm my teams bots. Furthermore if someone queues later while the game is running he could still join the running game. Right now this isn't possible because bots occupy the spots and you will only join running games if additional players are leaving.

At least give the team a votekick option for the bot, so each team can decide if they would rather have the bot in their team or a free spot.

Another way would be to decrease the points the team gets for killing a bot, e.g.: in tdm you get 4 points for a playerkill but only 1 point for a botkill. However, I find the other options more attractive.

Aug. 6, 2018, 7:51 a.m.

Or organise legendary matches better?

You say you wouldn't mind 8vs7 or what ever. But you will be down on fire power. Bots normally do very well on assists, artilary bots especially. I'd also bet money people would complain that they are losing because of unbalanced matches, and they would be right. The chances of you winning when you are out numbered are not good.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Aug. 6, 2018, 10:57 a.m.

Rather have bots in it for the meantime. almost every Leg ive played is a healball competition in the middle of the map...and those are boring.

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Aug. 6, 2018, 4:42 p.m.

Legendary seemed to be quite active this past weekend. I got quite a few of those games in a short period of time and didn`t see that many bots at all.

Hopefullly the steam launch brings in some more players.

Aug. 6, 2018, 5:05 p.m.

yes it is more active but there are generally still bots in the games.

most games if both teams have 2 bots then the winning bots will have died about 5-6 times in the match. so about 25-30% of the end score. the loosing teams bots will have died between 10-12 times. a massive 40-48% of the end score.

+1 to the uneven team

Aug. 6, 2018, 5:21 p.m.

I had a Legendary game Saturday where my team had 5 FIVE bots! Needless to say, the other team didn't even need to try very hard in order to win. The best I could hope for in the ship I was using was to tank and survive as long as possible in order to at least earn some score.

Aug. 8, 2018, 6:13 a.m.

Updated //
Aug. 8, 2018, 6:15 a.m.

Horus#2672 posted (#post-224425) said:

every leg game today, who ever had the most bots, lost.

all they did was warp in and spin on the spot. they didnt move once.

They tend to do that when they warp in for some reason. Then they move towards the opponent. When they are dreads ofc they take forever to complete that spin. Corvettes are the most stupid, but artilleries can actually be useful.

Aug. 9, 2018, 6:18 a.m.

I would rather have this happen (perhaps just in Legendary): Bot deaths will no longer contribute towards their opponents score. BUT Bots that land a killing blow will gain points for their team.

BotA on TeamA gets killed by WillisB on TeamB; WillisB gets the kill stat but TeamB does not gain any points from the kill.

BotA on TeamA kills WillisB on TeamB; TeamA gains respective points from killing that scrub WillisB

BotA on TeamA kills BotB on TeamB; neither team gains any points

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.