FORUMS

'State of the Game: July' Discussion Thread

Posted: //
Aug. 3, 2018, 5:15 p.m.

Updated //
Aug. 3, 2018, 5:18 p.m.

They did say in the stream also the costs are just place holder's. They needed so see how it all looked in the UI. So personally I'm holding out for the Hammerhead, and with luck a price I will find "worth it".

Someone did actually ask how can they justify the $50 price tag on a hero ship and I believe Mike D said something like we know, we are looking to change that, or something like that. I could be remembering it completely wrong.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Aug. 3, 2018, 6:48 p.m.

"our team invited a small group of our highest skilled players to discuss our balance"

Seen this before, usually a small group of players (often small group of friends) that just don't understand nor care about the game beyond their play-style, and can't comprehend how/why others might play differently and often go full blown bug-eyed bonkers when others have a differing opinion, and often make/endorse recommendations that will give their group the advantage...

Just because one of the loudest, daily forum poster/troll, "high skilled", whale player has something to say... Does NOT mean they have the best interests for the game, nor know whats best for the game. Which means devs only taking advice from one small "elite" group ends up with an unbalanced game. Also it often breeds loathing and rumors for those few (ie: "Devs pets"/"paid-to-play"/"Dev-alts"/etc.).

Steam...

Sure greygoo has some positive reviews (only 41% positive atm) and sure Rime has a lot of good reviews (atm). But I predict Dreadnought will have a lot of negative reviews because: its slow paced, unfinished, needs a lot of polishing for the masses, and greybox isn't fast at reacting to fans and will do nothing for months. ie.

• Took years for greybox to listen about Elite Status giving ~ +50% boost XP + Credits match earnings.
  • The 2016 "Blind-side Beta" killing player-base within 3 months and caused the first exodus.
  • Ignoring post-patch black screen launcher, blaming player's computers over launcher issues since Alpha.
  • "immediate access" founders ships blocked until players unlock a ship's tier...
  • The post match maintenance-fees that stayed for about a year causing the second exodus. etc.

Greybox will need to learn and adapt much faster on the steam platform with Dreadnought.

Well best of luck. - Sincerely Max (Lurking)

Aug. 3, 2018, 7:13 p.m.

When will scattergnn broadside be brought in to relevance;when will assault thrusters be incentivised as an aggressive pick. Either scattergunshould be buffed or replaced with a broadside that uses the JA Particle Cannon shots as the effect and do more damage at greater range, but with a long cooldown and and smaller firing arc. Assault thrusters could give a buff to all damage dealt or damage resistance, or even both based on your ships rate of travel, not only bringing a new pick to the current arsenal, but also bringing the Lorica into relevance, because as it is now if you are flying a lori you would be better off in either oyher dreadnought for tanking or a Blud for hp and dps

Aug. 3, 2018, 8:17 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-224369) said:

They did say in the stream also the costs are just place holder's. They needed so see how it all looked in the UI. So personally I'm holding out for the Hammerhead, and with luck a price I will find "worth it".

Someone did actually ask how can they justify the $50 price tag on a hero ship and I believe Mike D said something like we know, we are looking to change that, or something like that. I could be remembering it completely wrong.

Thats what I figured. Bow of the Hammerhead is too big for my liking, but to each their own. I just want decently priced paunt schemes and with luck the retrofits to be decently priced.

Aug. 3, 2018, 8:19 p.m.

LordMeatSpin#9535 posted (#post-224374) said:

When will scattergnn broadside be brought in to relevance;when will assault thrusters be incentivised as an aggressive pick. Either scattergunshould be buffed or replaced with a broadside that uses the JA Particle Cannon shots as the effect and do more damage at greater range, but with a long cooldown and and smaller firing arc. Assault thrusters could give a buff to all damage dealt or damage resistance, or even both based on your ships rate of travel, not only bringing a new pick to the current arsenal, but also bringing the Lorica into relevance, because as it is now if you are flying a lori you would be better off in either oyher dreadnought for tanking or a Blud for hp and dps

I agree with the scattergun, range is way too short to be effective. Although I have to wonder if there is a fix as ballistic broadside is bassically a longer range version.

Im fine with the Lorica actually. I hated the Gravis though.

Aug. 4, 2018, 3:15 a.m.

I find playing them like destroyers works best.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Aug. 4, 2018, 5:18 p.m.

Playing a Lorica like a destroyer is a losing battle though, as you should just fly a destroyer (the Blud), as they have better options at range, are typically faster, and may not be able to tank damage as well, but with their ability to dodge incoming fire with pure speed or evasives, they have a way of mitigating damage that has nigh 100% uptime. Also the main reason: DPS. Both the Lorica and Assault thrusters have a pick rate so low on console I could probably count the number of dedicated players (not just the ones that are snagging module amper and dipping out) on one hand, while the Jutland and Voronezh are constantly out and about. Just feels like buffing Assault thrusers in this way gives the Lorica what it needs to thrive: A way to close the gap and let its guns go to work, a way to increase your damage in a way meaningful enough to pick rather than flying a destroyer, and a way to bolsters its tank stats enough to let it compete with the other dreads. #loveforthelittledreadnought

Aug. 5, 2018, 4:48 a.m.

LordMeatSpin#9535 posted (#post-224402) said:

Playing a Lorica like a destroyer is a losing battle though, as you should just fly a destroyer (the Blud), as they have better options at range, are typically faster, and may not be able to tank damage as well, but with their ability to dodge incoming fire with pure speed or evasives, they have a way of mitigating damage that has nigh 100% uptime. Also the main reason: DPS. Both the Lorica and Assault thrusters have a pick rate so low on console I could probably count the number of dedicated players (not just the ones that are snagging module amper and dipping out) on one hand, while the Jutland and Voronezh are constantly out and about. Just feels like buffing Assault thrusers in this way gives the Lorica what it needs to thrive: A way to close the gap and let its guns go to work, a way to increase your damage in a way meaningful enough to pick rather than flying a destroyer, and a way to bolsters its tank stats enough to let it compete with the other dreads. #loveforthelittledreadnought

Not sure what you mean by competing with other dreads? I prefer the Lorica over the AK dreads myself. They have the same modules and are comparable to the others, so not sure what youre getting at here. Although I agree you shouldnt play like a destroyer but I do see Belials point

Aug. 5, 2018, 9:16 a.m.

What I mean is some ships should be played like the other 2 in the class. You don't play the Vindicator the same way as you do the Blud or Vigo, I mean you can, but not as effectivly. You should play the Nox differently too the other Arts too as it's not got the same punch as the other 2. Build is also a big factor in how effective a ship is to your preferd way to play.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.