FORUMS

Dreadnought 101

Posted: //
Aug. 4, 2018, 1:41 p.m.

Updated //
Aug. 4, 2018, 2:32 p.m.

Dreadnought 101 This is a quick guide to the basic tools you need to play the game and not be over whelmed by the variety of ships and there capability’s. This is aimed at PC Dreadnought players, but is useful for everyone. If you want a more in-depth guide See the rookie helping hand Guide in my signature.(not done by me)

Basics.

Energy wheel(default E or F1-F4)

F1 Power to Engines

F2 Power to Shields

F3 Power to Weapons

F4 Cancel current power to.

Energy Management.

This is probably the most important part of the game to master. Energy management is the difference between life and death most of the time. Many players are keen to get in to combat as quickly as possible and use all there energy getting in to combat leaving them vulnerable to attack and at a disadvantage to ships that did not use all there energy on the way to the fight. Just because you have energy, you have to use it. Try to save your energy for when you need to get out of trouble, be it power to engines to get to cover, weapons to help take down a problematic ship or shields to help hold out until help arrives. Also if you see incoming missiles don’t bring up your shields as soon as you see them launch if they are at a distance, chances are your energy will be gone by the time they get to you.

Awareness.

This is arguably as if not more important than energy management. Having your head on a swivel and knowing where the enemy ships are is extremely important, not just to you but your team. This will help make the fast ships a bit less useful to the enemy, If you call out the ships trying to flank you(more on quick commands and target making in a bit) Your team can deal with them before they become a problem. Try to keep an eye on the chat window, if you see someone on your team call out a target and it’s not in your field of view, then that ship is behind you and needs dealing with quickly. Keeping your eyes open and marking is the best way to deal with ships like the Corvettes and the fast moving destroyers.

Quick Commands.

Quick commands Default F key. Here you will find a set of commands depending if you have an enemy ship in your sights or not. When you don’t have an enemy ship in your sights you can call for repair, to regroup, ships to follow you or just say thank you etc. When you have a ship in your sights you can mark the ship as seen, or call for concentrated fire on that target. All the quick command show up in the chat too, as well as having an audio queue in game. If you hear/see and quick command but don’t see it in your field of view, then look around. It might just save your life, or help you save one.

Mini map.

The mini map is not the best in this game, but it is usable. Enemy ships show up on your map if they have been seen by a team mate, there is no height indication on it, but you can work that out by, if you can see it or not, and if it behind cover and you are planning to warp through make sure your shields are up when you jump in case you come face to face with them on the other side. Many people don’t realise you can warp jump through terrain.

Fleet.

You have 5 ships you can take in to battle with you. Always aim to have one of each type in your fleet, that way you can fill a roll that is missing in your team. It is very possible to win without some of the ship types in your team, but more often than not, an unbalanced team is the one that loses if the other side plays like a team.

When I have time I will be doing a Veteran 101.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Posted: //
Aug. 4, 2018, 2:40 p.m.

love it so far.

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.