FORUMS

Tactical cruisers should not be tougher than dreadnoughts

Posted: //
Aug. 17, 2018, 2:23 a.m.

Compared to a dreadnought, a tactical cruiser has far more defensive capabilities. Granted, it also does less damage, but when it's able to keep the entire rest of its team up single-handedly, it should be possible for 4 destroyers shooting at it to bring it down. The problem comes from the energy generator+shields+retaliator combo, along with the repair pods. A tactical can pop shields, pop energy generator if you drain it or when its energy runs low, get ludicrous cooldown reduction from retaliator to let it spam energy generator multiple times, and then also get cooldown reductions on repair pods to get massive self-heal (sure, you can technically destroy the pods, but they have tiny hitboxes and very high health), and on beam amplifier to keep the rest of their team up, and also blast pulse to rip your team into pieces. IMO, energy generator is just way too powerful as is, especially when combined with an officer briefing that can completely refill its cooldown before the shield energy provided by its last use still hasn't ran out. Nerf that, and tactical cruisers might actually have a reason to select something other than energy generator for the internal module.

Aug. 17, 2018, 2:33 a.m.

Updated //
Aug. 17, 2018, 2:35 a.m.

Storms, disruptor missile, drain. These 3 modules will shut down and kill a tac. This is just one way a Destroyer can take out a Tac.

Also Retaliator will only reduce the cooldoan after the energy gen enter cool down.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| MSI MAG Forge 100R Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Aug. 17, 2018, 4:36 a.m.

Disruptors will do wonder there. Or you get 1 of those 4 destroyers to ram, shields won't save him.

French Community Manager

"Do or do not, there is no try."

Aug. 17, 2018, 8:16 a.m.

I think his main point is, and I would agree, is that a single tac cruiser has the ability to withstand multiple ships attacking and has the ability to completely change the game and it shouldnt have either. A number of times Ive played onslought only to lose because a tac camped at the enemy control ship and it couldnt be brought down. Personally i dont think command ships should be able to be healed.

Aug. 17, 2018, 9:44 a.m.

Updated //
Aug. 17, 2018, 9:48 a.m.

SkyRaider#3584 posted (#post-224746) said:

I think his main point is, and I would agree, is that a single tac cruiser has the ability to withstand multiple ships attacking and has the ability to completely change the game and it shouldnt have either. A number of times Ive played onslought only to lose because a tac camped at the enemy control ship and it couldnt be brought down. Personally i dont think command ships should be able to be healed.

Multiple ships attacking it wrong though. You can build any ship into a tank. Some do it better than others. The point is, if a ship is built to tank, and you don't bring the tight tools to do the job, why should you win?

4 ships sitting at max range shooting at a Tac moving in and out of cover is not going to do the job. If You don't adapt you lose. There is no one build to rule them all. Adapt one of your 2 loadout's to be a shut a ship down loadout.

Let's also not forget some people are just good. Yesterday I had 5 corvettes take out my AV Dreadnought. I took 4 of them out. Because I was better with my dread than the 4 of them where with there corvettes.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| MSI MAG Forge 100R Case|

Aug. 17, 2018, 9:50 a.m.

If a tactical, aka a support ship, can 1v4 4 dreadnoughts, then it's a bit too durable.

Aug. 17, 2018, 10:04 a.m.

Updated //
Aug. 17, 2018, 10:11 a.m.

Crusher48#5118 posted (#post-224748) said:

If a tactical, aka a support ship, can 1v4 4 dreadnoughts, then it's a bit too durable.

Or those dreads are playing badly. If 4 dreads all broadside a tac while fireing there main/secondary weapons that tac is dead. Unless it has lockdown, but if it has that its dead soon after as it will have no energy and no way to get it back.

Not understanding how modules work and what job they do, is not grounds for a ship being OP. It's like people using a bucket with a hole in it to carry water then saying buckets are not a good tool for carrying water.

Edit: one of those 4 dreads had Tarterus, that would have shut down that tac and it would have died seconds later.

Aug. 17, 2018, 11:07 a.m.

Youre also assuming 1) players have the countering modules and 2) they have a headset to coordinate. A lot of time neither will be the case. And since you cant change your loadout once in the match, theres a chance neither has the right modules to counter whatever theyre playing against.

Youre trying to say use the right tools and use them the right way, but its not as simple as that.

Aug. 17, 2018, 11:35 a.m.

Updated //
Aug. 17, 2018, 11:36 a.m.

They can be tough to kill, be they're no big Damage dealers. They deserved this durability. Enterprise Healbałling <--It was not so easy staying alive. It requieres Skill.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

Aug. 17, 2018, 11:36 a.m.

SkyRaider#3584 posted (#post-224753) said:

Youre also assuming 1) players have the countering modules and 2) they have a headset to coordinate. A lot of time neither will be the case. And since you cant change your loadout once in the match, theres a chance neither has the right modules to counter whatever theyre playing against.

Youre trying to say use the right tools and use them the right way, but its not as simple as that.

You have 2 preset loadout's per ship. You can change between them while waiting to respawn. You do not need a head set to coordinate. Sure you can do it better, but it's not needed.

A ship is not OP because the right tools to take it out where not used. A lack of understanding of game mechanics will make a ship seem OP when it's not. There are a lot of module combinations that will take out a problematic ship. Tempest missiles, torpedoes, weapon boost pulse and warp jump will not beat a ship or skilled player if there ship is set up to take punishment.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.