FORUMS

Add an alternate way to get officer briefings

Posted: //
Aug. 26, 2018, 8:41 p.m.

If you want to compete with your chosen ship class, you need to be able to play every single ship type in the game. It doesn't matter if you just want to play your dreadnoughts, you won't be able to make a viable dreadnought build without grabbing the GMGS briefing from machias, meaning that you will be forced to play corvettes, and play them well if you don't want to spend 12 hours grinding the ship out to get the crucial briefings. Some alternate form of unlock is needed here.

Aug. 27, 2018, 2:33 a.m.

OB are getting a rework. They are being changed to crew that you "level". This has only been spoken about briefly, so no idea how far along it is.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Aug. 27, 2018, 3:06 a.m.

I think the OB should be sold in the premium shop.

EIther Grind them out in ships you are not familiar with, play ships you are good with and convert EXP to FREE EXP or $$$ and buy them.

Dreadnought : Great Game just growing pains

Aug. 27, 2018, 6:18 a.m.

Spellfax#2830 posted (#post-224946) said:

I think the OB should be sold in the premium shop.

EIther Grind them out in ships you are not familiar with, play ships you are good with and convert EXP to FREE EXP or $$$ and buy them.

I think that would be too close to "pay to win" for people if you could just buy them out right. If a player buys the free XP, at least they had to work for it like everyone else.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Aug. 27, 2018, 3:34 p.m.

They need to add a "sandbox" or at the very least a ship preview where you can select from all the various OBs and just see if you like how it works on a ship before you embark upon the thankless drain and drudgery of grinding through all the various ships just to obtain 1 OB.

IT'S tedius guys and if it persists, then you'll never retain casual players who might otherwise really take to this game which should all be about fun. Right now it's too much like hard graft, and I'm sure most of us already do enough of that at work

Keep updating guys when you can and players will always support you.

Aug. 28, 2018, 10:31 a.m.

I wrote a lengthy, articulated, logical post earlier this year urging that Officer Briefings (OBs) be moved to T3 ships where possible, but I suppose the developer/publshier desires eagerness to obtain OBs as an incentive to sell Elite Status and Ship XP conversion.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.