FORUMS

Steam launch

Posted: //
Sept. 18, 2018, 10:14 a.m.

Oh my, I had played a match yesterday, ty for the Enyo goodie!

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

Sept. 19, 2018, 8:50 a.m.

Thanks Belial!

I didn't plan on firing the game up until the Steam launch happens, but now I definitely will!

On another note... What's Havoc?

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

Sept. 19, 2018, 10:05 a.m.

Tyrel#8199 posted (#post-225418) said:

Thanks Belial!

I didn't plan on firing the game up until the Steam launch happens, but now I definitely will!

Havoc is a Cooperative Gamemode where you fight waves of AI with your friends.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

Sept. 19, 2018, 10:48 a.m.

Tyrel#8199 posted (#post-225418) said:

Thanks Belial!

Havoc is a PvE game mode where you are given ships to choose from at the start or every wave(I believe) and get to give those ships bonuses as you progress through the waves. You do not use your own ships, but earn free XP. Have a look on YouTube for game footage as it's already out on PS4, and has been for some time.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Sept. 19, 2018, 12:37 p.m.

Updated //
Sept. 19, 2018, 12:39 p.m.

Oh there's going to be a PVE mode now? That sounds nice... though not being able to fly my own ships isn't really going to work for me, I hugely enjoy customizing them.

Anyhow I just played a match to "notify the server" of me still being intrested in the game, and man it was fun. Got 3rd place, even though I haven't played in a long time... gave me that, "yep, still got it!" feeling. Also, it's still epic when a Jutland jumps on me; even more so when I can surprise-counter him.

However at the same time it also made me remember why I was mad at this game: it's like... an inch away from being superb, but still steadily refuses to cross that line... all thanks to super-slow development and some weird balance decisions.

I'm really hoping the Steam launch will be successful and give the game some momentum. It's quite a good base to build upon, but needs lots more content and lot faster response times by the devs. (not response as in communication, but response as really quick fixes to the upcoming issues, be it bugs or balance)

Speaking about Steam though, will my Fleet Recruitment Packs work there?? I have them from long ago, and once the game "goes live" I'd probably try to get some guildmates into it, using these packs as incentive.

Sept. 19, 2018, 1 p.m.

They should work. As of the stream on the 12th they said they should work.

There is going to be a balance pass with steam launch. Some OB's are being changed, like Glass Cannon is losing the -25% damage if not at 100%. Sixfoot have also taken over all of the game development. Yager is no longer working on Dreadnought. There are a lot of things "in the pipe" we've been told. As the steam launch and update allowes them to add things easier.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Sept. 20, 2018, 4:04 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-225430) said:

Sixfoot have also taken over all of the game development. Yager is no longer working on Dreadnought.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Sept. 20, 2018, 4:08 a.m.

Tyrel#8199 posted (#post-225438) said:

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-225430) said:

Sixfoot have also taken over all of the game development. Yager is no longer working on Dreadnought.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

I guess we will find out with steam launch.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.