FORUMS

Rename Steam launch to "Steamroll"

Posted: //
Aug. 31, 2018, 4:25 a.m.

Hello fellow captains,

I am here to prepare for the backlash before we mess up & lose up to hundreds of potential players. As you all know this game has been around for a while & it's just another day at work to have the experienced captains step on the dreams of the rookies in Veteran game mode. With the upcomming Steam launch are there any means of "sheltering" them for enough time so they can actually develop a decent fleet & blend in with the rest of the playerbase? As you are all aware squads are plain broken in the Veteran game mode unless they are facing another squad of equal size or if by a miracle the DN MM places enough high level players against them. Once again the current level cap is only 50 but most of the notorious pilots hit that eons ago, even outside squad conditions if you have enough experienced players they can swing the game brutally in their team's favor unless a balance is achieved on the other team.

We all know DN is a carry, oops, team based game but do you actually want to be playing with your friends? The attempt of flying your T3 ship with your friend might end up with you being placed against a actual squad that already has all tools available to them across the fleet. I've talked about it numerous times in the past & at this point I'm already expecting the generic answer: "Well the playerbase is not big enough to sustain separate team & solo que", well good job Sherlock you discovered the Dreadnought paradox where the playerbase is too small to sustain a separate team que because the 4 people that team up can make hundreds of players leave game thus justifying: "Not enough minerals". While I can accept the fact that not everybody is interested in playing competitive, however the fact that we allow competitive players to team up against casuals is just plain STUPID & is probably the reason DN is donating part of it's revenue to Steam anyway.

My question is: What's in store for the future?

Aug. 31, 2018, 12:51 p.m.

Updated //
Aug. 31, 2018, 12:52 p.m.

hmmmm not entierly sure. l'd like the idea that was mentioned earlier in the month about having all of us vets now just go sit in legendary ques once the launch is out so we can have every vet player duking it out with each other in a que that is overdue for some much needed attention while every new player is learning the ropes. few people did say they are willing to jump into recruit to help coach though.

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Aug. 31, 2018, 1:08 p.m.

Yeah, I plan on sitting in recruit to help people who want to listen. It's also why I made threads and posted them on here and the steam forum with the basics of what you need to know.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Sept. 1, 2018, 5:36 p.m.

Yeah I really hope plenty of experienced players spend their time at Legendary. Really hoping that I`ll be getting some T5 games in regularly...

Sept. 2, 2018, 12:08 p.m.

Trying to level a t3 atm. I can say from my experience that a lot of t4 owners just like to sit in Veteran and seal-club the t3's. Getting slightly bored of it tbh, and i think that this will be repeated with the Steam launch, especially when u get put into matches with premade squads of t4 pilots. 4 t4's vs 1 or 2 is very boring and quite fustrating.

Sept. 2, 2018, 1:04 p.m.

UNYU does recruit assistance matches using healing only. Its a good way to introduce people to the mechanics

Join the Community Discord!

https://discord.gg/uvUsYP

Sept. 3, 2018, 12:02 a.m.

In fairness, I, atleast, chain queue vet because.. well, vet is all there is. I work 3rds in NA. I have literally never seen a legendary match, even after sitting in line for two and a half hours. What recourse do I have?

Sept. 3, 2018, 4:06 a.m.

Dr_Hatari#4430 posted (#post-225074) said:

In fairness, I, atleast, chain queue vet because.. well, vet is all there is. I work 3rds in NA. I have literally never seen a legendary match, even after sitting in line for two and a half hours. What recourse do I have?

You are not alone in this. I too normally only get to play during the day(GMT) so I Normally just play Veteran, but then I'm still unlocking all my T5's and most of my T4's are not even fully geared.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.