FORUMS

So explain to me why Scramble both screws your vision and disables the energy wheel again?

Posted: //
Sept. 1, 2018, 5:37 p.m.

Because I'd love to know how that's balanced.

Sept. 1, 2018, 5:55 p.m.

It's a known bug, only seems to affect PS4 players.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Sept. 6, 2018, 1:48 p.m.

Scrambler is the digital equivalent of having sand thrown in your face in a fight. Dishonorable and underhanded. I refuse to use it, and if you use it I have a low opinion of your strategic abilities. Especially knowing that this bug exists, knowing that it leaves your opponent utterly and completely defenseless. Not good sportsmanship and you should be ashamed.

Not to mention the fact that I am here to play a game, not stare at a fuzzy screen. If I wanted that, I got a busted TV in the basement that I can plug in.

Sept. 6, 2018, 6:38 p.m.

Agreed Vascilios!

Whats worse is I didn't know it was a bug...

I could understand a scramble/EMP disabling your power wheel, or even your HUD, but these ships have WINDOWS! I should be able to look out of my bridge window and tell my gunner "shoot that giant ship RIGHT THERE!"

I've gotten used to and adapted to scramble... however, my true beef is with Scramble mine/pulse + Disruptor Pulse/missile Combo!

effectively you make it so a player can't play the game for 10-12 seconds while you just WAIL on them... oh and they can't see you so no shooting either!

sure you can "follow the yellow numbers", but what if they're cloaked or are under neath you for example?

in any game where there is a "stun" or "disable" and you make players essentually drop their controller while another player mercilessly beats on them, players usually dislike and rage about it.

I try to use drain tech instead of scramble, or I use scramble defensively, such as on my arty so i can escape. or i'll use scramble against a scram-rammer for some payback...

ironically, they usually don't like that lol!

"Where ever you go... there you are." -Buckaroo Banzai

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Dee Rek Dreadnought https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvlxvtmwBW0hyzExdat4pvA

Sept. 18, 2018, 6:45 a.m.

F1, F2 and F3 still work. If you're on PS4 you can attach a keyboard to your console and do that. Or if you're on PC you can still use F1, F2 and F3 for energy. I got into this little habit on PS4, when I moved to PC I still have that habit.

Sept. 19, 2018, 9 a.m.

Vascilios#9709 posted (#post-225166) said:

Not to mention the fact that I am here to play a game, not stare at a fuzzy screen. If I wanted that, I got a busted TV in the basement that I can plug in.

^^^ This is the ONLY reason I lbitch and complain about Scrambler as much as I do.

I hate it and whine about removing it, but it really should be re-worked.

There is a point in the Scrambler effect when the fuzzy part starts wearing off but the screen is still hazy ( it looks kinda like when your're really drunk - Ships and objects look like hazy/fuzzy blobs ) I think this should be the effect the whole time. It is still difficult to see but it doesn't remove the game or gameplay from the player.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.