FORUMS

Assault Blink Warp is too easy/powerful

Posted: //
Sept. 4, 2018, 9:11 a.m.

Updated //
Sept. 4, 2018, 11:04 a.m.

One thing I like about Dreadnought is the variety of different builds players have for the different ships. This changes in Legendary where it feels as if almost every player has the Assault Blink Warp on their corvette.

The problem I have with that besides that the variety decreases is that it feels like an overpowered and very easy module. Why wouldn't every player put that module into their ship when they only need to fly to an opponent, do a little damage if even that, push the button and then profit? You will probably even see me do it once I have my first T5 corvette.

In my opinion the module needs a downside during the use, like the corvette standing still a while before the warp happens or the player not being able to steer or fly up or down for a few seconds after the warp happens.

Sept. 4, 2018, 10:53 a.m.

as much as i feel like its cheap too, its needed for those leg fights mostly due to the fact that recently 9.99/10 of those leg battles are TDM and the whole match comes down to healball battles. I welcome it when i do see someone trying to out damage the ridiculous heals by blowing through someone as quick as possible before the massive heal streams get to them first. Sadly i just dont enjoy leg since even with all the people who start making it actually pop its still a 10-20min wait time just for a match of pure healing. Leg is also the time when queing solo can be more punishing by guranteeing youll be going against a squad/clan.

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Sept. 4, 2018, 11:24 a.m.

I personnaly find ABW quite tricky to land on people who are moving a lot. People who stay still are easy to hit. None of the Ram modules are easy to use, it's just the people who do, have had to practice a lot to get as good as they are.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Sept. 4, 2018, 11:45 a.m.

Updated //
Sept. 4, 2018, 11:47 a.m.

I agree that Assault Blink Warp (ABW) can feel like an overpowered module, especially in the hands of a skilled (practiced) pilot; as for it being very easy module, I disagree in that I find it's not easy to learn to use well (maybe it becomes a very easy module once a pilot is very accustomed to using it, which I admit that I have yet to do). In the current metagame in Legendary, I believe that ramming modules (ABW included) are necessary as they can sometimes be the only way to efficiently breakup heal-spheres. Additionaly, there are a variety of countermeasures for the module, which include: Stasis Ammo, Disruptor Autobeams, Stasis Mines, Evasive Maneuver, etc. In my opinion, the best and easiest change to ABW, if any, is perhaps for the cooldown time of module be slighlty increased.

Sept. 4, 2018, 12:05 p.m.

claiming a module is overpowered and too strong for its level of difficulty at use is inviting ridicule. if thats the case mine/bomb catapult on night maps are too strong because the projectiles are very difficult to see, or tempest are too strong because they can kill corvettes anf artillery in one salvo, unshielded. if you get gimped by ABW once, log the fact they run it in your mind and keep on the watch for them. the best ship to use ABW with is the JA corvettes, but they get killed by 2 shots of flak, its a game of chicken, so awareness is key

Sept. 4, 2018, 12:36 p.m.

Updated //
Sept. 4, 2018, 12:49 p.m.

LordMeatSpin#9535 posted (#post-225090) said:

claiming a module is overpowered and too strong for its level of difficulty at use is inviting ridicule. if thats the case mine/bomb catapult on night maps are too strong because the projectiles are very difficult to see, or tempest are too strong because they can kill corvettes anf artillery in one salvo, unshielded. if you get gimped by ABW once, log the fact they run it in your mind and keep on the watch for them. the best ship to use ABW with is the JA corvettes, but they get killed by 2 shots of flak, its a game of chicken, so awareness is key

Games aren't all perfectly balanced, what's to ridicule about suggesting Dreadnought is one of them? If it isn't overpowered why is it used so often in Legendary? Ah yes, because the players are apparently too stupid to counter it or use proper builds or if they already played the Dreadnought class three matches in a row before should just play it again as well to not get one-shotted. But what if those players have ABW corvettes as well like almost everyone else in Legendary, but don't want to play them all the time, how can things add up when they are these great fantastic players that just so happen to have the ABW on their corvette and those inexperienced average at best non-corvette players at the same time? What could possibly be the reason to explain this phenomenon?

Sept. 4, 2018, 12:54 p.m.

"... how can things add up when they are these great fantastic players that just so happen to have the ABW on their corvette and those inexperienced average at best non-corvette players at the same time? What could possibly be the reason to explain this phenomenon?"

These fantastic (experienced) players know how to pick the proper ship to counter what they're seeing in the field. If ABW happens to be the ticket for winning that match, can you blame them for using it?

Perhaps finding some ways to counter those ABW vettes is something to work on? Have you considered putting disruptor pulse or stasis pulse on your vulnerable ships?

See you out there! SFH

Sept. 4, 2018, 1:30 p.m.

ABW has a 0.25s delay for the damage, which can allow you to evade it.

Now why is everyone using it. Because their enemies use the counter mods to the other choices.

If you run Energy Gen on a Tac, then of course a shield ignoring mod is the best choice for your enemy. If you run Armored Lockdown you can block ABW by using it.

Recruit Engineer

Sept. 4, 2018, 1:38 p.m.

Perosnally i havent had any problem with it for awhile since i tend to run some utility ob every ship i have. Everytime i play arty i always watch the board for a vette and beware that now im a priority target for them. only tricky game i gotta play with them when i counter as vette is their BP and if they have desperate measures on.

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Sept. 6, 2018, 12:39 a.m.

Patrazor#2302 posted (#post-225083) said: ASSAULT BLINK WARP IS TOO EASY/POWERFUL

I'll say this in a way (to the OP and any others agreeing with the title) that can't possibly be misconstrued as being rude, mean, abusive, insulting, or offensive:

False.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.