FORUMS

Assault Blink Warp is too easy/powerful

Posted: //
Sept. 6, 2018, 3:33 a.m.

Updated //
Sept. 6, 2018, 5:43 a.m.

You know what, I've actually changed my mind, solely because yesterday I got the daily contract to destroy four ships with a Corvette module and as far as I can tell it only really works with the ABW. It should work with the kinetic armor amplifier that I usually have on my T4 corvette but I recall those not working towards the contract.

(It can work with more modules but I like to approach daily contracts in a way that doesn't require me to change my style of playing rather than having them happen naturally since the rewards at this point aren't even enough to pay for the battle bonus in Veteran.)

Sept. 6, 2018, 3:41 a.m.

Patrazor#2302 posted (#post-225147) said:

You know what, I've actually changed my mind, solely because yesterday I got the daily contract to destroy four ships with a Corvette module and as far as I can tell it only really works with the ABW. It should work with the kinetic armor amplifier that I usually have on my T4 corvette but I recall those not working towards the contract.

(It can work with more modules but I like to approach daily contracts in a way that doesn't require me to change my style of playing rather than having them happen naturally.)

Rapid fire and other weapon amps also don't count. You don't need to use ABW to get it though, torpedos and pulses work too.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Sept. 6, 2018, 7:51 a.m.

Main thing I noticed against uncordinated teams it's OP against a squad who is in voice coms and knows it's coming it's awful and more over with AWB you are prone to over extending and again any team paying attention (should) punish you for it.

Sept. 8, 2018, 9:49 a.m.

Updated //
Sept. 8, 2018, 9:53 a.m.

I now have played a few matches with the ABW and I have to say that I absolutely still stand by what I wrote before. It is easy to use, and not the "well I'm experienced so of course it's easy" type easy and thus overpowered since the mindset towards this module was "high risk, high reward" but only one of those really seems to be the case.

Additionally it is very easy getting the extra points for technical kill and sabotage (or what they are called in English) with the ABW as well, so it's not only easy to use in comparison to the reward when it comes to destroying ships, it is also a lot easier to get lots of points from kills than it is with other modules for corvettes, at least it seems to be the case now.

Some of the "expert" players here were offended over me talking this way about that module but I can understand why they are, they don't want it taken away because it's so strong and they don't want others to say that they only do so well because they have the ABW.

With that said, I do admit that there might be builds that can counter the module or its players fairly well and that mine in the matches I was effected by it were not the right ones (though in my defense, I didn't play much Legendary before that in a while and so it wasn't quite on my mind), but then I don't think I ever said otherwise, my main thought making this thread wasn't that it can't be countered but rather that if it isn't countered it's too much gain for too little work for the person using the module.

Sept. 10, 2018, 1 p.m.

Patrazor#2302 posted (#post-225205) said:

they don't want it taken away because it's so strong and they don't want others to say that they only do so well because they have the ABW.

I don't use ABW and I do great but... keep telling yourself that.

Spork's Guide to the Fulgora and Medusa

Medusa and Murometz gameplay

Sept. 10, 2018, 9:45 p.m.

Stasis pulse.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.