FORUMS

Payment models: Implement a Pay2Play option?

Posted: //
Sept. 4, 2018, 3:29 p.m.

Hey folks.

My friends don't like F2P games because of the grind to have power and flexibility. What if there was paid entry option for 60$ upfront to have everything up to and including T4 unlocked?

I realize in the distant past this company looked at wargaming and dollar signs shot out of their eyes so they cloned their F2P model and scrapped the previous progression. Maybe there's an option to combine the P2P and F2P models?

Personally I've come back after a long while and hopped back in base t3 ships, the grind is tolerable as I focus on improving my gameplay and I have a relatively high tolerance for grind. My friends just pass on the game because in most modes someone else has straight up bigger numbers because they've been playing for longer, yet don't blink at tossing 60$ to access the full game (insert recent multiplayer shooters here). I picked T4 as my example because that's maxing out veteran, which could qualify as a full game with legendary as the optional extra.

Sept. 4, 2018, 4:08 p.m.

Updated //
Sept. 4, 2018, 4:10 p.m.

The Grind is a bit stomach turning at times (I would need a full Vodka Bottle and a lotta cocaine if I would start another T4 Grind), but I am all against making this P2P. They just have to make this game more interesting, and the Grind less depressing.

Vodka and Cocaine were just for dramatization, not doing this sh^t

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

Sept. 4, 2018, 4:21 p.m.

Having a P2P option wouldn't really help the game. Your friend could turn up to a match and still get eaten alive byTbyT3's that have more experience. If he wants to skip the grind he can with hero ships. Sure they can't be customised, and are generally considered really bad past T2, but that's the price you pay to "skip" the grind.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Sept. 4, 2018, 4:59 p.m.

Updated //
Sept. 4, 2018, 5:08 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-225104) said:

Having a P2P option wouldn't really help the game. Your friend could turn up to a match and still get eaten alive byTbyT3's that have more experience. If he wants to skip the grind he can with hero ships. Sure they can't be customised, and are generally considered really bad past T2, but that's the price you pay to "skip" the grind.

Getting beaten because someone played better than you is vastly different than getting beaten because someone has ground out more upgrades. It's vastly preferable because player skill should matter while the sheer time you played shouldn't.

From your description, it sounds like hero ships are a trap aimed at the players that want to pay2play but don't actually have that option. Is that accurate?

Also, can you elaborate on why it wouldn't work? If everyone is on a level playing field and you lose because you played worse or they have better teamwork, I would hope that's working as intended.

Sept. 4, 2018, 9:31 p.m.

Hero ships have locked loadouts, and need to be played a very specific way. That is kind of true for all builds, but you can craft a ship to your liking. As for ships being better than one another, if you have skill and a working knowledge of the game, a T3 can outperform a T4. Regardless of modules. With that said, most people in T3 ships don't have that knowledge.

Why wouldn't P2P work? Simple. You are asking for $60 to skip hundreds of hours of play time and to unlock and have access to 36 ish(I'm sure I've forgotten a few while counting them in my head) ships and hundreds of module. Why would anyone buy anything else the game had to offer if you got all that for $60? They would rather you spend that $60 on elite time. It's simple buisness, they know they will make more money this way.

This would also effect people coming in to the game on the F2P side, as the recruit division would not have the same population. Also the problem you are complaining about, T3's being weaker than T4's will still be there. All your idea is going to achieve is turn the perception of the game to Pay 2 Win.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Sept. 5, 2018, 2:42 a.m.

Updated //
Sept. 5, 2018, 2:44 a.m.

The closest thing Dreadnought has to what you are asking for is "Founders Packs".

The $59.99 "MERCENARY PACK" will give you.... 7 hero ships. (Tier II & Tier IV) 30 Days of Elite Status & 3,000 Grey Box Points (GP). Both will help with the grind. And you get some other things.

If interested you should act quick, they will be gone very soon.

description

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.