FORUMS

Scrubber Pulse!

Posted: //
Sept. 9, 2018, 10:45 p.m.

Updated //
Sept. 9, 2018, 10:45 p.m.

So I had this idea- whilst looking at the corvette module "scrubber," I cant help but think- "dang, this is pretty useless"- then I thought, what if this was a pulse for tactical cruisers? That would be amazing! And, I think it should be implemented for a few reasons-

1- Encourages the team to stick together (though maybe a bit too much, healballs and all that)

2- Counters purge without a hard counter on every ship

3- Counters scrambler without a hard counter on every ship

4- Gives tacs a more defensive module, giving another option for more tactical players

5- Is not any more powerful than the modules that would be dumped on the team (hard to make OP)

6- Useful for every ship while not being readilly available in every ship (see point 1,2,3)

7- Would be easy to implement, just put the scrubber status on a pulse delivery system

8- Could also be extended to missiles and the main beam?

I just think this is a very simple and versatile idea, what do you all think?

Join the Community Discord!

https://discord.gg/uvUsYP

Sept. 10, 2018, 2:11 a.m.

So would this make you vunrable like the purge bead? As for dumping on enemy's, they all have down sides. Tarterus has ANL, purge beam makes you vunrable, purge shot on arts locks you in place and drains energy.

Tbh I can't see this "fixing" anything as if it is hit with a purge or disrupt it's useless. Then your free to be scrambled again. I don't feel it will be as useful as you think it would.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Sept. 10, 2018, 9:35 a.m.

My view is that it should only be a T5 module. You dont really have much of a problem with purge and scrambling in veteran matches. However, in legendary matches, purge and scrambling is much more prominent. Now I don't think it should be a pulse thing unless it was a one or 2 pulse thing. I would vote towards a beam version or something like the artillery beam module except would effect allies.

Sept. 10, 2018, 11:01 a.m.

yes, i was imagining a single pulse kind of like antimissile pulse in artillery, not sustained pulses like weaponbooster on destroyer. good point i forgot to mention that and belial, the reason i brought it up was not inherently to be a hard counter to anything, just another option for an interesting but useless module that is currently in the game. when applied to a beam, it could counter scrable pulse easier as well

Join the Community Discord!

https://discord.gg/uvUsYP

Sept. 10, 2018, 12:04 p.m.

Does scrubber even counter drain and disrupt?

Sept. 10, 2018, 12:04 p.m.

Updated //
Sept. 10, 2018, 12:17 p.m.

Last week my Dreadnought was as disrupted so badly that the cooldown time for all the modules went from 0 seconds to become 40+ seconds; that was frustrating, but pretty hilarious as well.

Regarding the Scrubber Module on Corvettes, I agree that so far I have found it pretty useless but I've only dabbled with it for a bit, so I may still be able to find a good niche use for the module; however, I've decided that for my preferred playstyle that the Oberon Corvettes are just too slow (in combination with their meager hitpoints), to be caught without having Afterburner for the Internal Module, though I suppost I could try using Thrust Amplifier for my Primary Module to compensate for movement. So far, I've thought that it would be more helpful if the module would also prevent additional disruptions for a VERY short time after successfully scrubbing a debuff; this should be enough time for a corvette to have a decent chance to escape, but not long enough that the corvette can shrug off a debuff and continue attacking. Right now, it will scrub a Stasis Missile, but then the second Stasis Missile that bugged out and buzzed behind my ship for 5 extra seconds hits more...or I'll scrub a Stasis Ammo hit and then I'll be hit by more Stasis Ammo (I should just wait to use Scrubber Module until the enemy has shot all of his/her Stasis Ammo). However, one could also consider Stasis Ammo should be the superhard counter to Corvettes and/or Scrubber Module.

Sept. 10, 2018, 10:10 p.m.

I like this idea of a scrubber pulse on TACS. It would certainly encourage a more tactial team play style and possibly discourage healballs.

TACS pilots would need to be very aware of their distance to the team (i.e. they can't use their scrubber pulse if they get tartarused), while maintaining proximity to heal / support effectively. And by extension, being in a healball would be inviting a tartarus strike.

To address Belial's point about there having to be a "penalty" for using it... I propose a long cool-down. This will ensure that TAC pilots don't use it needlessly.

Recommend this be proposed to the devs for serious consideration.

SFH

Sept. 16, 2018, 11:54 p.m.

The most practical way I could see scrubber pulse being implemented is via a stand alone deployable, much like repair pods.

... On the other hand, this would only encourage and fortify healball gameplay further. Which I doubt anyone wants.

Frankly I think tacs are already overburdened with support tools and expectations. IMO, this would be a nicer fit in the Dreadnoughts third slot. They are especially reliant on energy and amps on the front, and popping some sort of anti-debuff scrubber/EWAR pods would help shore up the vulnerability - while also providing a target that the savvy captain could snipe before having his CC modules outright nullified.

Sept. 17, 2018, 5:25 a.m.

Crusher48#5118 posted (#post-225267) said:

Does scrubber even counter drain and disrupt?

It would counter drain, can't counter disrupt as it would be disrupted along with the other modules if you got hit by it.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Oct. 19, 2018, 10:30 a.m.

I would think if it acted like a shield to the next debuff including disrupt is also a viable idea.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.