FORUMS

Official Dreadnought Wiki is live!

Posted: //
Sept. 12, 2018, 5:33 p.m.

Hey everyone,

While we are waiting for the game to be released soon, some of us that aren’t involved in the actual development of the game have been working towards the creation of our very own Official Dreadnought Wiki.

This wiki is meant to be a knowledge base about the game, for beginners and long standing players alike. It is hosted and overseen by us, but the goal is that it will be maintained by you, our players. And since we are the ones hosting the wiki, it won’t have any ads that clutter everything up with unrelated stuff.

We have started with some of the content, but there is a lot for you to create and update!

This wiki is also a perfect place to have discussions about certain hero ships, maps, or anything else really. You can go to the page of the item you want to talk about and add to the discussion. Our devs will read discussions and take your feedback from there into account for future development.

So, what are you waiting for? Hop on over to the Official Dreadnought Wiki, create an account, and get started on filling those blank pages out. We are curious what you will make out of it!

In case you have questions about any of this, just come on over to our forums.

Cheers!

Sean McIntosh
Dreadnought Community Manager

Sept. 15, 2018, 7:14 p.m.

I think this is pretty cool. Will there be images of the ships added eventually?

Sept. 16, 2018, 4:43 a.m.

Wikis are normally player run. So it will be on the comunity to add beyond what is already there.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Sept. 16, 2018, 10:26 p.m.

Belial is correct.

If you look at the pages for the Trafalgar and Agosta, we included images to show how it looks like. The idea for the wiki is, as for most game wikis out there, that the community takes it upon themselves to fill out everything and keeps it up to date. We are here to monitor and help if needed, but it really is up to our players to maintain the wiki.

If I have time tomorrow, I'll write a post here with helpful tips and tricks when it comes to editing the wiki.

Sept. 17, 2018, 2:40 p.m.

The concept art really showcases how large those ships are thought out to be. The hangar kinda does too but I'm getting it more from the artwork.

Sept. 17, 2018, 3:28 p.m.

Updated //
Sept. 17, 2018, 3:30 p.m.

I said that I would post a few tips and tricks for wiki editing, so here we go:

General Editing

The software we are using is MediaWiki and they have documentation on a lot of stuff. The most helpful for most of you is a wiki formatting guide and a guide on how to use the Wiki Markup If you are interested in anything beyond that, then you can find all sorts of useful information here: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Category:Help

Templates

We implemented a couple templates that will help with keeping certain pages clean and make displayed information look nice. I'm sure you would love to know about these. So, let me quickly go over these:

Module Configuration

This template displays a combination of 5 modules. It doesn't have to be all 5 types of modules, but usually that is what you would want to do. If you follow the link, it leads you to the page on the wiki that explains a bit more about the template.

Officer Briefing Configuration

Essentially the same that the previous template does and it is used in the same way, except it displays only 4 items (it could technically be used for modules as well). Following the link will provide more information.

Ship Configuration

This template is a combination of the previous 2 template and makes it really easy to display a full build.

Ship Info

This is the ship info box that you can see on the ship pages on the right side. The template itself is more complicated in terms of how it is coded, but it's just as simple to use. If you follow the link, you can find out how to use it.

Cross referencing

The strength of an online encyclopedia of any kind is that cross referencing is extremely easy due to the fact that links can be used. Let's say we are writing an article on the Naga and mention that it is a Hero Ship and it is built by Jupiter Arms. So instead of explaining in the same article what Hero Ships are or what Jupiter Arms is all about, we can simply link to the respective page instead. To do this, we use the wiki markup and modify the text like this: [[Hero Ships]]

The text inside the bracket has to match the title of an existing page exactly. If you were to write [[Hero Ship]], then the link would lead to an empty page. While writing content with links, it is a good idea to get into the habit of checking your links during the preview of your new content, to make sure that none of them are dead links.

It is also good practice to only turn the first occurence of a term on a page into a link, instead of all of them. Additionally, using links to other pages whenever possible creates easy navigation between pages without having to use the search feature a lot.

These are just a few things to get you started.

Cheers!

Sept. 17, 2018, 3:46 p.m.

Do I have to create a special wiki Account? Because I can't get in with my normal Data.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

Sept. 17, 2018, 4:26 p.m.

Yes, the wiki isn't using your Grey Box account. We may look into that for the future, but I can't promise you anything in that regard.

Nov. 7, 2018, 11:59 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 7, 2018, noon

Error 1006 Ray ID: 47615a4010806163 • 2018-11-07 16:59:49 UTC Access denied The owner of this website (wiki.dreadnought.com) has banned your IP address

?¿ Hello? Why would you do this to me i'm a nice demon, only eating babies once a month or so :'(

Nov. 11, 2018, 11:01 a.m.

getting an error 1106 IP banned, solid work greybox. you guys are supposed to be trying to retain new players ya?

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.