FORUMS

Healers heal too fast

Posted: //
Sept. 18, 2018, 9:53 p.m.

I've noticed all Tactical Cruisers' healing/sec is much more than any ship's DPS, making any ship a Tac cruiser heals invicible.

Sept. 19, 2018, 1:18 a.m.

retrograde_orbit#1886 posted (#post-225409) said:

I've noticed all Tactical Cruisers' healing/sec is much more than any ship's DPS, making any ship a Tac cruiser heals invicible.

Although this is not true, ( average healing of a tier 4 healer is roughly about 800 hp per second. Alot of healing comes from modules and power to weapons ) shooting at a ship that is getting healed is almost never a good idea. You should try to kill the healer first. Taking out a healer is way more important for your team because as soon as the healer dies you and your team can destroy the other enemy ships more easily.

Sept. 19, 2018, 2:50 a.m.

As above. When shooting a ship that's being healed, the healer will normally put heal pods up as well as use modules like beam amp and power to weapons. If that healer has module amp officer breafing, it will make its modules stronger until deployed/enter cool down depending on the module. Thats why people say go for the healer.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Sept. 19, 2018, 10:29 a.m.

Updated //
Sept. 19, 2018, 10:29 a.m.

• Step 1. Shoot the healer.
  • Step 2. Shoot the healer.
  • Step 3. Shoot the healer.
  • Step 4. Shoot the healer.
  • Step 5...

Sept. 19, 2018, 10:38 a.m.

Updated //
Sept. 19, 2018, 10:38 a.m.

Another thing to add is to invest in utility modules for a loadout that will give you the opportunity to shut down those modules and render the tacs or their buddies defenseless to put more pressure on their team. Times like these you will be grateful when you have proper experienced vette players who can get under the enemy radar to attack the healers in their hiding spots.

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Sept. 20, 2018, 8:39 p.m.

What I've noticed is that the situation of 2x tac cruisers and 1x DD or dreadnought, all with decent captains, is harder to crack than just about anything else. The tacs will be hiding behind cover, and as long as the rest of their team isn't 10km+ away it's functionally impossible to dislodge them, barring favorable map geometry or them missing a cloaked corvette.

I think a more reasonable solution would be for healing to give diminishing returns when applied from multiple sources. Prioritize the highest HPS source and give it full effect. Every other source of healing applied to the same target only pushes, say, 10% of its healing through. So two tacs healing the same target barely does more than just one, and a tac can't efficiently single-target heal with the primary beam, secondary autobeams, and pod all at once.

That pretty much solves the problem, because tacs usually get overrun by good DPS builds after they use their burst healing, and it's easier to get 2x ships to focus fire on a target healed by one tac than to get 5+ to focus the same being healed by two.

Sept. 20, 2018, 10:46 p.m.

theres purge shot, purge beam, purge nuke to help break up alot of the abilities used. Tractor beam on another dread can pull the tacs priority target away from them or one of them into the open. can even lock down their tank with drains and disrupts to make it tough for healers. hate to say it but if youre not all on the same page to use utilities over pure damage then you dont really deserve to win. the healball factor honestly only applies to TDM and less of an issue for conquest or sometimes onslaught since youre main objective is to burn command ships and fighters. trust me i get annoyed at it too but i usually only see it from dedicated squads.

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Sept. 21, 2018, 2:37 a.m.

I see people still think a single ship should trump team work.

There are quite a few modules that will help take out multi tac's. I always fit Tarterus on the dread in my fleet. The AoE purge knocks out all this caught in it. If my team is playing like one, they can then pick of the ships with ease.

Thinking single ship should be able to take out one being healed is silly. One single ship should never trump team work ever.(out side of it running a build to do so, then that person is playing the game right)

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Sept. 22, 2018, 2:19 p.m.

Yeap, healers heal too fast.

Sept. 26, 2018, 3:13 p.m.

Given that having a dedicated support tac on the team is reducing the overall DPS of the team then you need to justify that by making the ships being supported able to off-set that loss of firepower. One way to consider DPS is to not simply consider the amount of damage they can cause over a period of time but how much damage they could cause before being destroyed. So if a tac ship reduces a teams DPS by 1/8th (damage and life) then the healing should extend the life of a single ship by roughly 1/8th.

However, if the devs want to encourage teamwork then they may be looking at this situation and aiming for the idea that if one team is all damage with no support (100% DPS) then to promote teamwork we want the opposing team to actually be at 110% DPS due to the tac extending the life of the ships.

Given the nature of the game, I suspect that the latter applies here. That the tac ships are intended to create a situation where teamwork trumps everything.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.