FORUMS

Are there any anti autoaim programs in this game?

Posted: //
Sept. 26, 2018, 10:09 p.m.

Updated //
Sept. 26, 2018, 11:18 p.m.

I know it might be an oversight that some are as good a shot that lead thier targets and get very high percentage of hits that lead to a kill. But i also know that there are hacks that autoaim for them to give them those kills. Can you look at those accounts with statistical knowledge that just defy the normal means to justify thier results? I mean the american fighter manufacturers figured this out this problem with math to give thier flyers in the 60's an advantage over Korea to get kills.

Sept. 26, 2018, 11:48 p.m.

Updated //
Sept. 26, 2018, 11:50 p.m.

has been mentioned upon steam launch there will be anti-cheat program running in the backround. As for now if you see somthing that does not look right or seem right get a clip of it and submit it cust support. But i can also say that they have buffed the AI slightly depending on what ship you are in vs what AI ship targeted you then yes indeed they have perfect aim example AI arty vs a human corvete the AI will hit you every time. so first is to look at is the suspect AI or human and go from there.

Sept. 27, 2018, 3:06 a.m.

Thereis also the issue of ping. All the servers are in the USA. So the closer you are the better your ping, and the more accurate information you game gets. In other words, because of latency connected to high ping for people out of the USA, can lead to them shooting at people who are not there.

On the flip side, a player close to the server can seem "to good" to those indferent country's etc.

As above, if it seems wrong, record it and send it to CS. Link to support is in my signature below.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Sept. 27, 2018, 4:31 a.m.

Updated //
Sept. 27, 2018, 4:36 a.m.

Will we get regional servers with the Steam Launch, or is it still going to be USA-only?

I remember back when I actively played, after a while I completely gave up trying to shoot at corvettes and light destroyers, because most of them were simply impossible to hit (apart from a few lucky dents and scratches) for me. I'm playing from east europe, and even though I have fiber internet connection, the USA servers are simply too far and I could definitely feel the issues related to ping. I also remember doing evasive manuevers then getting hit all the same, even though I saw the projectiles missing me...

Another thing I often noticed was that when I was playing as an artillery cruiser, trying to snipe other artilelry cruisers I often ended up dead when it should have been the other way around. I remember seeing my railgun fire, then dieing in the next moment... which would be okay if my opponent died too, but often it turned out that it was only me seeing my gun fire, not the server. By the time it noticed that I was firing, it also thought I was dead, so I ended up firing "ghost shells".

I'll be pretty quickly annoyed if the Steam version does the same... I think there was a patch, maybe sometime early this year, that mitigated these issues a little bit, but didn't fix them completely for sure... no wonder though, game is written by developers, not f'kin chronomancers.

EU servers would be the ultimate solution. Wish we got them...

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

Sept. 27, 2018, 4:51 a.m.

Updated //
Sept. 27, 2018, 5:03 a.m.

Tyrel#8199 posted (#post-225595) said:

Will we get regional servers with the Steam Launch, or is it still going to be USA-only?

I remember back when I actively played, after a while I completely gave up trying to shoot at corvettes and light destroyers, because most of them were simply impossible to hit (apart from a few lucky dents and scratches) for me. I'm playing from east europe, and even though I have fiber internet connection, the USA servers are simply too far and I could definitely feel the issues related to ping. I also remember doing evasive manuevers then getting hit all the same, even though I saw the projectiles missing me...

Another thing I often noticed was that when I was playing as an artillery cruiser, trying to snipe other artilelry cruisers I often ended up dead when it should have been the other way around. I remember seeing my railgun fire, then dieing in the next moment... which would be okay if my opponent died too, but often it turned out that it was only me seeing my gun fire, not the server. By the time it noticed that I was firing, it also thought I was dead, so I ended up firing "ghost shells".

I'll be pretty quickly annoyed if the Steam version does the same... I think there was a patch, maybe sometime early this year, that mitigated these issues a little bit, but didn't fix them completely for sure... no wonder though, game is written by developers, not f'kin chronomancers.

EU servers would be the ultimate solution. Wish we got them...

As far as I know, there will not be EU servers with steam, but then again, they might tell us that next week on the 3rd when they talk all about the launch of the game.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Sept. 27, 2018, 5:29 a.m.

Updated //
Sept. 27, 2018, 5:33 a.m.

@Tyrel:

I'm totally with you, mate. Shooting fast moving targets for European players is a chore.

Tac Cruisers are the best example of it. Tacs can hit Vettes with their continious attack beam. Because the beam travels at the speed of light you don't have to take any sort of travel time into account. You can basically target the Vette directly. At least in theory.

In practise more often than not this works only if the Vettes are flying along your line of sight, meaning you face their forecastle or stern. As soon as they fly at a right angle to your line of sight (so you face their side) the attack beam would not register and therefore not deal any damage because of the latency.

Regardless of their skill European players are in a severe disadvantage just because of their location and that sucks. Amirite ?!

However, I can see why they are doing this. Dividing the player base into regional servers will reduce the player pool on each server, which in turn will lead to increased queue times and all the problems associated with it. I believe that was the reason they merged their regional PS4 servers because the (small) player base could not sustain several servers.

Of course there is an argument to be made that because of the time shift European and American players barely play against/with each other. But I think it's clear that once they introduce Russian and Chinese language support to lure in players from these regions the ping for them will be unbearable. Combine this with the time shift which makes it almost impossible for them to play with American players and I think SixFoot/Greybox find themselfs in a situation where regional servers will become inevitable.

All hands: battle stations! This is not a drill.

[SAD] - Search And Destroy!

[https://sadclan.de]

Bild

Sept. 27, 2018, 9:03 a.m.

Yeah it will be even worse for russians, and that seems to be a good market for this game, so probably shouldn't be ignored.

Regardless of all that, I wasn't thinking about all-separate, standalone servers per region. I was thinking about a system that War Thunder has, meaning there is only one main / account server, so wherever you are from, you join the same player pool. But within that there should be match servers per region.

So you could log in to your global account, then select to play in the EU matchmaking queue, that hosts games on EU based servers. If you don't find a match there for a couple of minutes, you can just quit the queue and join the US queue instead.

It works really nice in War Thunder, during off-hours most people play on the US servers, you can find there germans, russians, whatever you can think of... but during peak hours, everyone plays on their respective regional servers, as switching them is seamless.

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

Sept. 27, 2018, 9:47 a.m.

Sounds like a well thought out concept . I hope they'll go for it!

All hands: battle stations! This is not a drill.

[SAD] - Search And Destroy!

[https://sadclan.de]

Bild

Sept. 27, 2018, 11:18 a.m.

Updated //
Sept. 27, 2018, 11:18 a.m.

MWO had a pretty good approach as well; they had NA, EU, and SEA servers. You could restrict yourself to one server group or queue for any from within the game client. In practice most people did the latter for shorter queue times, but it did mean that sometimes you'd get matches on SEA for those people to have a turn with good latency in addition to playing on both NA and EU servers.

Obviously the best is to have region splits, but you need a large playerbase for that to work.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.