FORUMS

Scylla vs tempest

Posted: //
Sept. 29, 2018, 8:22 p.m.

Updated //
Sept. 29, 2018, 8:24 p.m.

I am wondering which one should I put on my blud. Tempest seems better, poor balance or am I missing something, rest of loadout is light flechettes, hel.l lasers, module reboot.

ps:wtf auto corect for hel.l lasers that is litaraly the name of one of the modules

Sept. 30, 2018, 8:32 a.m.

Scylla is bad. very very bad. it moves faster than a vet with power to engines, but has no tracking, low blast radius, and lower damage, as well as being super visible. for that set up use tempests. If you want to run a Blud I can suggest my build as a secondary. run Storm missles, Drain Pulse, Evasive Maneuver, and your choicw of secondary modules [disrupter for utility, torpedoes for extra oomph on your burst, or flechettes for ranged poke or corvette chasers]. OB's are Retaliator, Slow and Steady, Module Amper, and GMGS. The idea being using the huge bulk of the ship to soak damage while you use the Evasive to close the distance, best way is to switch energy to thrusters while Evasive is active to increase distance slightly, then switch to shields to reduce the cooldown to get maximum mobility. Blud best tier 4 stats in the game currently. Blud is bae

Sept. 30, 2018, 6:03 p.m.

Wait dosent evasive maneuver push you sideways

Oct. 1, 2018, 3:29 p.m.

Forwards and sideways. I can't really imagine using the Blud without it as it's so slow.

And to answer the original question: neither, they're both awful.

Oct. 1, 2018, 7:45 p.m.

what about thrust amplefier

Oct. 1, 2018, 9:58 p.m.

thrust amplifier on sucha slow destroyer is almost wasted, its better for oberons destroyers and JA as an option. evasive is really good option , the fact that it fires sideways makes no difference, just orient your ship that way

Oct. 2, 2018, 9:43 a.m.

Oberon#5333 posted (#post-225837) said:

thrust amplifier on sucha slow destroyer is almost wasted, its better for oberons destroyers and JA as an option. evasive is really good option , the fact that it fires sideways makes no difference, just orient your ship that way

Also makes Get My Good Side easier to use. Since your main movement will be diagonal.

Tempests are good long range support, they got patched to reach speeds as fast as the Scylla, but will take a lot of time to do so, their top speed however makes them perfect Corvette hunters.

Recruit Engineer

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.