FORUMS

How can 8vs8 work on PS4?

Posted: //
Sept. 30, 2018, 12:21 p.m.

More bots per match (please no)? Longer queuing times (they are ok now, but there still are times in the day were one fleet in Any queu can take quite a few minutes of waiting, and they would theoretically get longer with more players per match)?

It's definitely more ideal in case the game gets bigger, or cross-play becomes a thing, but at this state I don't see how it could improve the overall experience that includes the non-gameplay as well.

Sept. 30, 2018, 8:36 p.m.

Updated //
Sept. 30, 2018, 8:40 p.m.

crossplay isin't a thing? cause if it 'sn't, pls devs make it so that there is crossplay so that there are more players for machmaking

Oct. 1, 2018, 3:31 p.m.

I've been having similar thoughts. Usually we get at least one bot per team as it is, so as good as 8v8 sounds I do wonder how well it's going to work.

Oct. 2, 2018, 9:47 a.m.

8vs8 means max two bots per side on game start, if there are more than those four, then someone left.

It might also mean they mix greater ranges of skill/equip.

Recruit Engineer

Oct. 4, 2018, 5:15 a.m.

I can't remember if they've said it outright-more like incenuated-but with the goal for ps4/pc parity I thinks it's safe to say that crossplay is the goal at some point. I would look to that to be a ways out though.

Oct. 4, 2018, 8:38 a.m.

As a Ps4 player I'm a bit wary of going 8v8 at the moment. More often than not there's a bot on each team and two isn't uncommon. For the size of the player base, it seems like the extra three slots are just going to be more bots.

Oct. 12, 2018, 9:05 p.m.

comandermatt#1979 posted (#post-225783) said:

crossplay isin't a thing? cause if it 'sn't, pls devs make it so that there is crossplay so that there are more players for machmaking

Oh god please no, crossplay between console and PC is always a gongshow.

Oct. 16, 2018, 5:15 p.m.

I don't understand 8v8 is a good thing. I'd rather have 3v3 and no bots.

Oct. 7, 2019, 2:56 p.m.

ahh bots ofc! I should have known.. Elias Revik, Svetlana Kov etc..thats why🙈🙈

Just bring me a target***

Oct. 15, 2019, 8:09 p.m.

I've actually thought 8v8 has been better in PS4 despite my reservations. Although a longer loadntime its nice not having to travel a full minute to engage the enemy..

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.