FORUMS

Patchnote feedback 3.10.18

Posted: //
Oct. 5, 2018, 1:21 p.m.

I have to agree with Oberon. Truly, I do not comprehend the "Why?" on increasing the shot distance of the Akula Vector artillery? I kind of understand the reasoning behind the dynamics of the decision based on the size of ship. Yet, to already make a ship that's difficult to kill due to the size of the hitbox stronger is mind boggling.

DPT

Oct. 5, 2018, 7:12 p.m.

Having the med arty myself i do like the range increase but do wonder why the heavy did not get the same benefit.

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Oct. 6, 2018, 10:15 a.m.

Don't why i'm bothering to do this after you devs told me to basically shut up after posting about all the bugs. glitches, issues we'd compiled as a community on PS4...

but yeah i can't understand the reasoning behind increasing the Akula Vector Arty's range either. Its already by far the best Artillery Cruiser as mentioned before because of its hitbox, speed, armour and firerate/damage output. So does it really need the extra range?

So Tip the scales is being redone so it does'nt boost health regen and slow energy regen anymore, but instead boost rate of fire and reload time... we already have an OB that does that its called Survival instinct. Hit and run loadouts benefit a great deal from it, don't see why its been re-worked but ok.

Destruction cascade to 20 seconds? Thats a bit much don't you think, especially since you buffed the Akula arty cruisers range.

Few more things but i won't bother because you won't listen, new effects, audio, UI, and weapon/module descriptions look great, retrofits even better (looking foward to that).

Oh and halfway through October is not the same as "end of September - early October"

Doesn't matter how good you are, there's always someone better.

Oct. 6, 2018, 11:28 a.m.

*"So Tip the scales is being redone so it does'nt boost health regen and slow energy regen anymore, but instead boost rate of fire and reload time... we already have an OB that does that its called Survival instinct."

exactly my next point, so both OB´s will stack up? plus a rapid fire rate module and a weapon booster module? is the time on go for a berserker build?

Oct. 6, 2018, 3:39 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 6, 2018, 4:43 p.m.

Everyone without the akula sniper is flipping out, meanwhile everyone who was preaching it was the best sniper pre-colossus patch is now rubbing their hands together and ready to stomp. I am the latter. Artillery pod 2.0 ready for action

Oct. 7, 2018, 6:15 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 7, 2018, 6:17 p.m.

snipers and corvettes hmm, imo there is no place for them in a game titled Dreadnought, everything should be big its that simple for me really. if i wanted to snipe id buy cod or BF4. on ps4 its so common to face a whole team of snipers and corvettes! the recent changes sadden me greatly and this is why i dip in and out of the game and i will not spend any money!

ps seeing these classes on first release ruined it for me

Oct. 11, 2018, 4:48 p.m.

it is simply stupid that Tip the Scales is removed because only very few pilots understand how it works. RIP

Oct. 11, 2018, 11:25 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 11, 2018, 11:26 p.m.

we

AaD PremiumErnst#7491 posted (#post-226200) said:

it is simply stupid that Tip the Scales is removed because only very few pilots understand how it works. RIP

No, we knew how it worked. There were just better options.

When all else fails use brute force & ignorance.

Oct. 12, 2018, 11:07 a.m.

We posted a dev blog on this yesterday, hopefully it illuminates some of the decisions made by the design team with Command The Colossal. As always, we can't wait to get the build in your hands!

Sean McIntosh
Dreadnought Community Manager

Oct. 13, 2018, 3:12 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 13, 2018, 3:13 p.m.

UPDATE: There was an error in the Patch Notes that listed the Akula Vektor Artillery Cruiser as the ship gaining the range buff. This is incorrect, the Jupiter Arms Heavy Artillery Cruiser is the ship gaining updated ranges to:

Tier III - 7500 / 7500 / 7500 Tier IV - 8000 / 8000 / 8000 Tier V - 8500 / 8500 / 8500

My apologies for this mistake.

Sean McIntosh
Dreadnought Community Manager

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.