FORUMS

Cooler than Stationary Cloak

Posted: //
Oct. 6, 2018, 6:29 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 6, 2018, 6:30 p.m.

I know steam is close and content is not high on the priority list so I won't pester too much but I still think this could be a cool concept:

So while looking at the artillery modules, I found one in particular that is not useless nor needs a buff- but would be much cooler and interesting if it were different. This would be stationary cloak. Since it also lags behind other modules that are in the same slot as itself, I also would argue that it could use a buff.

Either way, I came up with this module that I think would be a cool replacement for stationary cloak called "silent running" (note that any numerical value could easily be changed, balance-wise):

Silent Running: - Shuts down engine and light effects

• Can’t be targeted by enemy modules
  • Can’t be buffed or debuffed
  • Breaks upon using modules only
  • Slows ship by 80%
  • Deactivate manually by repressing module button (I think this should actually be a thing on all modules by the way, such as rapid fire and purge beam for example, that have debuffs)

• Not shown on minimap

• Ship distance and health are not shown
  • 40s active, 60s cooldown

Hope you will all like this idea and maybe consider it

Join the Community Discord!

https://discord.gg/uvUsYP

Oct. 6, 2018, 7:45 p.m.

sounds just like what the cloak should already be doing minus the buff/debuff and speed. it sounds like you want heavy cloak for arties

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Oct. 6, 2018, 11:48 p.m.

It is supposed to be very similar to what cloak does- the thing is that stationary cloak doesnt hide you very well so I thought it would be nothing but cooler to have something like this, not really something different

The reason I say it shouldnt break when hit is because- like I just said- the stationary cloak tends to be outmatched by other options such as dive and evasive because you are not really hidden enough to constitute that being a mechanic, since- again- you are stationary

Join the Community Discord!

https://discord.gg/uvUsYP

Oct. 7, 2018, 5:40 a.m.

Sounds cool.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Oct. 7, 2018, noon

not sure of it can trick a vette. may be useful on rings of saturn or the space station maps.

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Oct. 9, 2018, 8:58 a.m.

My super-initial feeling is that Hypervolt's idea might be too strong; I think a more viable option would be to make Stationary Cloak not be interrupted by enemy fire or a new cloak mechanic where Stationary Cloak is interrupted after a certain amount of damage (regular module activation time is still in place if not damaged).

Now just figure out how to make Turn Amplifier a more viable option!

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.