FORUMS

Moving to steam.

Posted: //
Oct. 13, 2018, 1:51 a.m.

well i can see a few things to come along with this, first one being faster match making yes but with faster match making i foresee a lot of little kids also swarming the matches having no clue about tactics or what ships to use witch will result in a lot of loses. the third thing being is buying items with IRL cash. to those of you who do like to guy points to unlock gear faster just to be the best well have fun with increased prices. cause steam takes a % of profits

what yall think what are the + and - of bringing it to steam.

Oct. 13, 2018, 2:31 a.m.

Bigger player base, games need them to survive.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Oct. 13, 2018, 4:29 a.m.

Microsoft Word#6397 posted (#post-226264) said:

well i can see a few things to come along with this, first one being faster match making yes but with faster match making i foresee a lot of little kids also swarming the matches having no clue about tactics or what ships to use witch will result in a lot of loses. the third thing being is buying items with IRL cash. to those of you who do like to guy points to unlock gear faster just to be the best well have fun with increased prices. cause steam takes a % of profits

what yall think what are the + and - of bringing it to steam.

why should faster matchmaking attract little kids ? I dont think this will get hyped like fortnite. Most people that are using steam and playing games like dreadnought are probably at least young adults.

Even if "little kids" would come to dreadnought the matchmaker should distribute them equally amongst the your and your enemy team in most of the cases.

On stream they said, that prices will be lowered because they expect more potential buyers coming with steam. Increasing the prices even more would hurt the company.

Oct. 13, 2018, 7:48 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 13, 2018, 7:48 a.m.

I can see the train of thoughts where Steam => new player => inexperienced player not playing tactical. Though, because there's a progression system, they will all start in recruit fleet and will learn the ropes like we all did. Don't wanna play with new players or take the risk of meeting inexperienced ones? Just stick to Veteran and Legendary.

Also, as before GPs will be used to buy cosmetics, hero ships, Elite status, Credits and XP conversion. Prices won't change, we give a share to Steam, but that doesn't impact the prices on your side.

French Community Manager

"Do or do not, there is no try."

Oct. 13, 2018, 9:15 a.m.

Moving to Steam is very good move. Late one but better late than never. I do not like way Greybox is doing it. Transition should take few hours top, with parallel environments old one running and new one in development.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.