FORUMS

Concerns with Changes

Posted: //
Oct. 14, 2018, 6:51 a.m.

Heya. So I've plays a bit of the steam version and checked out every menu I could manage, and I have some pretty serious concerns with some of the functionality:

-Menu Font size

Okay, so with this one, much of the font is too large. It breaks the flow of reading and doesnt make much sense for a pc monitor. My friends theory was that this was likely made primarily console players in mind, as their font size makes much more sense on a tv from across the room, but on my pc, it makes it difficult to follow the flow of writing from word to word. It's something that has been bothering me and a few of my friends too.

-Too much menu

Another player brought up that there is too much clicking involved, and he is right. before it was as simple as going from whatever you were doing, clicking a button at the top and being exactly where you wanted to be. Now Im having to find myself going back to the main menu over and over again. This is particularly irritating when trying to switch between things often, making more menu interaction than there needs to be.

-The Skins

This one came across as pretty filthy, but I understand the intention. When trying to select a new skin for my craft, I saw the new layout and expected my skins to be at the top, similar to as they were in the old interface. Now the a splattered amongst a bunch of skins I dont own, making me have to dig through just to find the few skins I do own. I presume this is so we have more real money purchase items in our face, while we try to find the skins we actually did own. If this was the intention, then I am disappointed, I'd expect this of EA or Ubi, not grey box. otherwise, I'd reccomend for the convenience of your players, filter all owned skins to the top.

-In game sound and performance

Okay, htis one I'm more willing to forgive, because i'd put it up to hiccups with moving to steam. The sounds for me and my whole squad were messed up to the max. I could barely hear my ship being shot with hails of fire, while I could hear the boost sound for my squadmates corvette from 8km away. We each had this problem.

Another issue I wanted to bring up, which is a little related, is beam weapons. They only shoot where you want to shoot half the time. Trying to hit a corvette is night impossible because the beam awkwardly jerks around whhile you aim dead on the corvette. Why not do beams like elite dangerous? But you shoot, it actually tracks your target as you aim at it. Its be nice to hit the things I'm aiming at.

-Another interface complaint relating to squads.

Ths one made no sense to me. I can click the top right corner to invite someone to the squad, but if I want to add another person, or even SEE who is in my squad, I need to back out of everythign that Im doing and go to the main menu, then go to social to interact with it there. Why can't we just be able to click on the squad up on the top right and go straight to the squad interface?

These are my main concerns. The interface overall loosk nicer, bar the size of the font.

After my game, i recall subconciously remembering that I'd need to interact with the menu interface again and my heart dropping. A good interface should be one you don't notice, but all I could think of was the UI getting in the way.

Oct. 14, 2018, 7:55 a.m.

unlike EA and Ubi, this game is free to play so i can forgive the part of pushing up the other skins atleast. i think its just too generic looking of an interface and too big of sizes. I can agree with you about the sound. alot of it sounds muffled and i had a hard time pinpointing enemies around me from their shooting.

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Oct. 15, 2018, 6:02 p.m.

Well written down. I agree! I'll be writing my own feedback soon-ish, but this covers a few things that I was going to mention. Well said!

Oct. 16, 2018, 2:40 a.m.

Agree, like the more saturated colours bit, but dislike some of the sound changes that just sound loud and dull - not crisp.

Talking of crisp, it is pretty obvious this change has moved the look more to console as the graphics seem to lack that sharp look. After playing for quite a bit I prefered the older version (the one that was optimised for the PC), this feels more like a 3rd party did a really good copy of the game but just failed to optimise it to its full potential.

Still playing - it's just like the Holy Grail that Steam was supposed to be, just didn't deliver for me.

Oct. 17, 2018, 7:43 a.m.

WaveRider#4219 posted (#post-226467) said:

Agree, like the more saturated colours bit, but dislike some of the sound changes that just sound loud and dull - not crisp.

Talking of crisp, it is pretty obvious this change has moved the look more to console as the graphics seem to lack that sharp look. After playing for quite a bit I prefered the older version (the one that was optimised for the PC), this feels more like a 3rd party did a really good copy of the game but just failed to optimise it to its full potential.

Still playing - it's just like the Holy Grail that Steam was supposed to be, just didn't deliver for me.

I feel this hard. I had loads of issues with the old interface, the fact that all windows were on top of each other, the squad window was clinky and unclear on how to use and you couldnt move chat windows or anything around.

I feel like this UI has potential, its just needs some font resizing and perhaps bring back the line of shortcuts at the top of the screen?

Idk, I love this game but the UI is a nightmare to navigate.

Oct. 17, 2018, 9:08 a.m.

Ya....the UI sucks a bit. I also wrote something like that in german, 2 days ago i guess. I mean, at least they could include a option for size and transperency.

..and i dont wanna say anything to the sounds.

Miiiiauuuu

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.