FORUMS

The music and sound effects... seriously

Posted: //
Oct. 14, 2018, 8:42 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 14, 2018, 12:33 p.m.

Well the steam launch came with new music and sound effect...

I'm sorry but I'm going to be rather blunt here.

I have a serious grippe about the new music... and the effects. it's all too bassy and snuffed. the sounds has a tiny envelope fucused way too much on bass. and living in an apparment is a real problem for the neighbors.

It's also a real problem for me because most the music and effect are in a range barely audible. the music and sounds need a wider sound enveloppe. not every one like the constant numbing drums and low frequencies. And them low frequencies are borderline abusive. I just want to pull my hair out right now. Seriously if h-ll exists they'd be playing that 24/7 as a form of torture.

Also I thought the in game music would be contextual... All I get is this constant Wooo Whaaaa, Wooo Whaaaa. Feels like I'm in a tomb about to sufficate.... the ambiance is all wrong! utimatly I feel like a zombie hitting buttons. I get no exitment from it at all. I feel numbed by the music and effects and the exitment of wasting a ship it totally ruined.

I no longer hear the missile tracking warnings, or the corvette shooting my ship to oblivion. the guns sound is akin to a tuba with a sourdine... and your sound engeneers should know trying to locate low frequency sounds in a 3d environment is impossible. FIX THAT STUFF MAN.

Not sure why you went and changed the ingame sound effects, they were perfect as they were...

Site | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | GameMaker

Oct. 14, 2018, 9:54 a.m.

You may have already tried, but with new sounds may come new sound settings - have you looked to see if there is more control to tweak what you want?

Sorry if you've already tried this. O7

Oct. 14, 2018, 10:22 a.m.

There's just a volume option. there is no "Make sounds have richer envelope" slider

I set the volume of the music to 0 at least I wont be thrown into a lament depression listening to the low frequency range of the sound track.

Oh and the dark night in the forest creepy sound with that heartbeat/blood flow fluttering sound in the hanger is really a huge WTH...

Oct. 14, 2018, 10:29 a.m.

icuurd12b42#5797 posted (#post-226318) said:

There's just a volume option. there is no "Make sounds have richer envelope" slider

I set the volume of the music to 0 at least I wont be thrown into a lament depression listening to the low frequency range of the sound track.

Oh and the dark night in the forest creepy sound with that heartbeat/blood flow fluttering sound in the hanger is really a huge WTH...

Haven't loaded yet, was playing World of Warships. Sorry to hear your issues. Hopefully there will be an official thread for bugs etc and one for likes and dislikes. The developers have tried to make a better game, not everything may be for the better for some, but at least they're trying.

Oct. 14, 2018, 11:35 a.m.

music does seem somewhat creepy, sadly i havent been able to pay attention to it because of the audio lagging and overlapping. so i turned it all the way down. for me is kinda confusing to stop hearing your shots getting fired if an arty is close, or far, or somewhere in the map. nuke alarm is super easy to miss. JA destroyer ammo lags within 15 shots.

i do like them, but theres something off about them and it might be how bassy they are now.

Oct. 14, 2018, 11:46 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 14, 2018, 11:57 a.m.

^ if every sound is in the same frequency range there will be greater chance of interference. also if all the sound is on the lower end of the spectrum your ears cant make a distinction. for example, cant hear the missile warning when the music plays... because it's just too much noise on a tiny frequency range.

sound is like color. if all you have to play with the dark red to dim red, only someone with 40/20 vision will be able to make things out.

as for your sound lag, try another output device. see if it lags on headphone vs pc speakers

Oct. 14, 2018, 11:47 a.m.

LOL, keep sending them Bug reports on this stupid background music and effects. I've told them that plenty of other users will suffer and complain about this.

Why they did this, they supposed to just f move this to Steam.

Oct. 14, 2018, 1:28 p.m.

thx for the tip, sadly all devices lag the same

Oct. 14, 2018, 2:13 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 14, 2018, 2:13 p.m.

I just had the same exerience... sounds get silenced. I think they set the number of concurent sound to somthing tiny like 10 to support the console... and some sounds do seem delayed... by half a second

Also wth is that motorcycle reving sound when I warp in... makes no sense

Oct. 15, 2018, 10:50 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 15, 2018, 10:50 a.m.

I think I probably only hear 5% of sounds even with music off; everything sounds like my ears are stuffed with marshmallows. I have to be right next to someone to even have a chance to hear their weapons firing (even then an Akula Vektor Artillery Cruiser shot is only whisper loud). Then don't even get me started on the crackling of sounds that happens 95% of the time; it's like my ears are stuffed with marshmallows that contain Pop Rocks...

These problems make me not want to play the game.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.