FORUMS

The music and sound effects... seriously

Posted: //
Oct. 15, 2018, 11:12 a.m.

I have to agree with this. I also have times where it seems like the soundscape just straight up breaks due to too many overlapping sounds.

Most of the time I just play with the music off as well and just play a song of my choice in the background.

Weapon sounds also need to be overhauled, the corvette autocannons are a great example of this since they just use what sounds like a stock sound GAU-8 firing loop.

Oct. 15, 2018, 12:45 p.m.

everytime the T4 light destroyers are firing i think they are attacking me only to see its a team mate across the map firing at something completely different. i dont mind all the new sounds but why does it all feel like im sitting inside a car and everything outside is muffled.

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Oct. 15, 2018, 7:16 p.m.

I think someone said it correctly when they said the sounds need NORMALISING.

The issues i have are that some guns are particularly loud and since I also live in apartments that noise travels through the walls (eg Otranto main guns), Yet if i turn it down low enough that those guns arent booming, then there are many other sounds that become to quiet to hear eg healing beams.

So I've been finding that i have to turn the volume up or down depending what ship i'm driving at the time.

Oct. 15, 2018, 8:08 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 15, 2018, 8:08 p.m.

there is also a weapon that sounds like someone is banging on my door. No matter if I'm basically alone in my part of the map, that weapon sound has the same volume no matter where it's coming from. so, horrible effect and bad 3d settings on it.

Site | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | GameMaker

Oct. 15, 2018, 11:46 p.m.

Yes, some guns now sound like they're right next to you when they're not, and the music DOESN'T match the game at all Also the new nuke alarm sound is NOT alarming, but rather confusing, especially with its gradual onset that makes it harder to react to. I would honestly like the ability to just use the old sounds and reactions. I miss the crew shouting things at me!

Oct. 16, 2018, 3:20 a.m.

I'm gonna say it straight away: The new sound effects are a total trainwreck, to put it mildly.

The convoluted and unintuitive new hangar-UI might be an annoyance, but the new sound effects are a game breaker for me because they destroy any level of immersion.

There is a wide range of sound-bugs that currently plague the game. Be it the total lack of sound effects at the start of matches or the ill-adjusted volume of specific effects (either too loud or too quiet) or worst of all the constant stuttering whenever the tension is at its peak which makes you wonder whether or not your speakers just decided to break down.

The thing that rubs me the wrong way is that SixFoot delayed the release of the new sound effects from early July to Steam release just to have enough time to iron out all these kinds of bugs. So that begs the question: what have they been doing in all that months?

But more importantly: Why was the game released in such an unfinished state? Their internal QA must have found these bugs, otherwise all their QA-testers need to be fired ASAP. There is no second chance for the first impression and from what I saw everyone in this forum agreed that it is paramount for the future of the game to offer the best possible experience. I think we can all agree that SixFoot missed that mark in a spectacular fashion.

Add to that all the little bugs like not showing your selected game mode while on countdown, the total lack of any ingame market offerings, the inability to purchase modules due to a '-1' price tag and one can't help but recognize that the game is in a much more unfinished state than what we saw during beta.

I acknowledge that switching from Scaleform to UMG is not done easily but combining this with the Steam release and the 'Command The Colossal' update seems like SixFoot bit more than they can chew.

I really hope they manage to iron out all these lingering issues as soon as possible. In terms of aquiring new players by the time we finally have the game in a state it was supposed to be in from the very start I hope that it won't be too late!

And by the way, I hate the new hangar. Can we have the old one back, pretty please? Just saying...

All hands: battle stations! This is not a drill.

[SAD] - Search And Destroy!

[https://sadclan.de]

Bild

Oct. 19, 2018, 12:09 p.m.

I think this is the right thread to mention this. I don't want to make yet another thread complaining, but I can't help but notice something.

The old soundtrack was really good. The tracks were high-action, military-themed to just the right degree. There were enough of them that it didn't got old listening to them, especially when distracted by battle and all the great sounds that were present there. The ambience of the hangar was also good. It all created the right kind of atmosphere that fits this game perfectly. Now all of this is apparently gone? Replaced by a single, gloomy track that plays over and over in the hangar, and replaces (or so it seems, maybe I just can't hear it) the ambience of the hangar. The tracks that used to play when you selected your ship made me feel like it was all about to kick off, as it should do! This new one just feels like a dynamic extention of the looped hangar track. I have nothing more to say of it really. And finally the sounds. I must admit I DO like the new sounds of the Akula Vector dreadnoughts main cannons, but that is only when I am lucky enough to hear them. The rest of them are too bassy, as others have suggested, and sound bugs are abundant. Bugs however will be fixed, but ditching a perfectly good soundtrack serves no purpose imo.

I don't want to keep complaining. I love this game functionally, and I really don't want it to die. I want it to have good steam reviews, because for gameplay reasons it deserves to have! But why are they doing these things? What is the motive behind it all?

Oct. 26, 2018, 8 a.m.

I agree that the old music was way better, fortunately I managed to save the old OGG files from the previous Dreadnought version... Now I can play them manually while the game is running. Couldnt stand playing without them...

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.