FORUMS

New Patch Feedback

Posted: //
Oct. 14, 2018, 3:03 p.m.

I've been on this game for a long while, and I've absolutely adored it. The game has gotten consistently better and whenever I come back to playing it there's always a good time to be found. The first hangar/UI rework was great, I loved the interface. I had absolutely no problems with it. Things were simple to navigate, changes were easy to make, and I very rarely encountered a bug.

So why it was COMPLETELY changed and made to feel far less user friendly, far more convoluted, and far less modern is beyond me. I'm normally open to such changes and give myself time to adapt, but this is beyond being unused to the new system. It takes far longer to get where I want to go, doing anything takes way more clicks, and it just looks bad. The old look fit in with the game's sci-fi setting and aesthetic, but now for some reason I feel like I'm looking at a UI designed in the 80s.

On top of that is a mountain of bugs, wherein my ships have reverted to no loadout, I can't set my resolution above 1360, and I am unable to use modules that I've researched on previous ships. I don't know if that was an intentional decision but trust me, not a single person on this game wats to fly a T5 ship for thirty games in stock loadout with NO customization options from T4 just to get their FIRST module.

And the sound. I haven't played much, but the sounds are either heinous, bugged, or both. My Tac cruiser MGs switch randomly between the old and new sounds, my Vindicta guns feel so much less fun because the sound is so choppy, and anything else is just so quiet that I can barely hear it or so BLARINGLY LOUD that I have to turn my volume down. Why, oh WHY, do my afterburners sound like a motorcycle? It's a spaceship. Not a Harley. Before the sounds weren't award-winning but they got the job done and they sounded consistent. Now I feel like I'm hearing three different games being played because everything just sounds so out of place.

Overall, I'm extremely disappointed with these changes. I, and most other players, had no grievances with the old UI or sounds. I no longer enjoy playing the game because the sounds are so jarring and navigating the UI do do anything of note takes ages. I know that the sounds are bugged, hopefully they fit better when they're fixed (except for afterburners, that is just awful). But I sincerely hope that a backstep to the old UI isn't off the table, because I've seen no aspect of the new one that improves the experience in any way.

I know I probably sound really harsh, but this is a game that I've loved playing and have sunk some money into for the sole reason that I want to see it succeed, and having it turned to such a hot mess for no apparent reason is unfortunate to say the least. I hope the issues get resolved soon, and even though I don't understand you in this, I still love you, devs <3

Make The Forums Great Again!

Oct. 14, 2018, 3:13 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 14, 2018, 3:13 p.m.

Why, oh WHY, do my afterburners sound like a motorcycle?

So that's where the motocycle sound is comming from...

I hope they revert the special effects to the old sounds

and most other players, had no grievances with the old UI

Actually we did, our grievance was how much GPU the hangar was taking. They made it worst with a UI that looks simpler but costs more to render, overheating the GPU if you are careless leaving the game running...

Site | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | GameMaker

Oct. 14, 2018, 3:38 p.m.

do not kill this game PLEASE !!!

Oct. 14, 2018, 4:37 p.m.

at least they did not advertise it well and they still have the old code so they can quickly re do it

Oct. 14, 2018, 4:54 p.m.

My thoughts on this are quite similar. I was having absolutely no problems with the old Hangar and UI. The UI was tricky sometimes but a few tweaks would have done the job. Also the old design just felt way more fitting because it wasnt as clean as the new one. Even performance-wise the old one ran almost flawlessly while the new one struggles when turning the camera.

I liked the new sounds when they got teased on twitter and on the homepage but some are just ridiculously loud and unfitting (afterburner) and some are just underwhelmingly silent.

In my opinion this game shouldnt have been released on steam in its current state...

Letting only us, the small dreadnought community test this, give our feedback and then release a more polished, fixed and just better version of the game in like 2 months would have been the right thing to do.

There is still a lot of room for improvement hopefully it can be fixed in time before its to late.

Oct. 14, 2018, 6:31 p.m.

It's not that simple. The old UI used scaleform. Scale form no longer has support, it's a dead tool. They had to change it. They can't change it back.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Oct. 15, 2018, 12:46 a.m.

The Interface is not great. Looks nice on the surface, but it's horrible to use. The PLAY button should really be accessible from pretty much any screen. Bouncing back & forth through essentially the same screens to get to it is crazy. But it's also huge! I'm guessing that is for the Console crowd maybe? Big button = easier to hit with a controller? It's an odd redesign.

Oct. 15, 2018, 5:46 p.m.

I agree on the sound mixing, it's really off. Sometimes it's loud, sometimes it's quite. Most of the times, unless I'm shooting my main guns, I can't really hear the other sounds (Vulture missiles, broadsides, etc).

Also, they removed the engine sounds? I was really enjoying the heavy engine sound that pushed my Dreadnought forward, it really gave the ship character and it felt awesome. These days, I can't hear the engine at all.

No real problems with the UI (I just think I need to get used to it), but the sound mixing, I think, needs to get fixed. The induvidual sounds are great, but togheter with this mix... not so much.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.