FORUMS

Terrible sound in steam releases

Posted: //
Oct. 15, 2018, 5:54 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 15, 2018, 5:55 p.m.

Mostly i hear only reverberated blip sounds and in match it's like being in a decompression chamber. Only my weapon sounds are loud and boomy(lot of lower frequencies), everything else is distant and missing the mid and lower frequencies. Altogether all sounds are muddy/reverberated.

My ingame audio setting is stereo and i have a Focusrite Scarlett2i2 soundcard (connected via USB ).

Oct. 15, 2018, 8:17 p.m.

Thats weird, my problem is everything is all muffled bass sound

Site | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | GameMaker

Oct. 16, 2018, 4:28 a.m.

icuurd12b42#5797 posted (#post-226446) said:

Thats weird, my problem is everything is all muffled bass sound

Dont remember what was in the 'before steam' releases, but i cant recall that there were 5.1 or 7.1 options. Maybe something messed up around this.

Oct. 16, 2018, 8:33 a.m.

Yeah, I'm playing on a laptopn through blutooth headset and on a desktrop with USB one. Sounds are muffled, dramatic and that Motorcycle noise is annoying. Also, on both Stereo and 5.1 it all sounds like mono sound just playing on both ears. There is no sense of direction. something is off.

Desktop: i7 4770k, Titan X, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 64bit
Laptop: i7 5700HQ, 980m, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 64bit

Oct. 16, 2018, 10:06 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 16, 2018, 10:07 a.m.

I think I probably only hear 5% of sounds even with music off; everything sounds like my ears are stuffed with marshmallows. I have to be right next to someone to even have a chance to hear their weapons firing (even then an Akula Vektor Artillery Cruiser shot is only whisper loud). Then don't even get me started on the crackling of sounds that happens 95% of the time; it's like my ears are stuffed with marshmallows that contain Pop Rocks...

These problems make me to not want to play the game. If Dreadnought had been in its current state when I first played the game, then I almost certainly would have uninstalled it soon afterwards.

Oct. 16, 2018, 10:10 a.m.

Lando Calrissian#2323 posted (#post-226494) said: These problems make me to not want to play the game. If Dreadnought had been in its current state when I first played the game, then I almost certainly would have uninstalled it soon afterwards.

Exactly.

Oct. 16, 2018, 2:05 p.m.

have exactly the same problems

Oct. 22, 2018, 6:50 a.m.

New sound effects SUCK!

I want back the older ones!

Oct. 22, 2018, 3:11 p.m.

My sounds are one big mess. As soon as there are more than three or 4 ships, it becomes an endless stutter and hopeless broken thing, as if there are too many soundfiles played at once (not,e it could handle everything perfect before steam release).

Jede Geschichte hat vier Seiten: Deine Seite, Ihre Seite, die Wahrheit und das, was wirklich geschehen ist. Welten brechen auseinander, Formationen nicht.

Oct. 26, 2018, 8:26 a.m.

Just reinstalled the game after a 3-4 month break. Was letting them time to get it on steam and such. I was hyped to see the progression; then yeah right after installing the steam version, I made a game (managed to navigate that clunky mess of a menu they made) Then I was hyped, didnt hear the music in a while and I was missing it, its like 50% of the reason I reinstalled the game. But they completly scrapped it. Seems like they used sound from an old N64 game with this new steam release. I quitted the game immediately and just spent the whole night figuring out how to get the old music again. This is aggravating. I shouldnt have to rely on some osbscure tools to listen to the glorious Dreadnought music once again! Whoever changed the sound/music should be punished or something. It feels like they suddenly lacked money to pay for the sound and music they already had and needed to rely on amateur sources or something instead.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.