FORUMS

Message to Devs: BITTERLY DISAPPOINTED with PC Steam Launch.

Posted: //
Oct. 16, 2018, 2:29 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 16, 2018, 2:30 p.m.

I've been playing for a while now and was looking forward to the Steam launch with the promised new features, improvements and bug fixes. But let's face facts, the PC version is currently terrible! I can't understand what planet the developers have been on. Why haven't they taken on board all the feedback from the Beta and built on that? The UI is worse than ever, totally unintuitive with a clunky home made feel. Annoying ping sound when selecting anything that can't be turned off, confusing layout, too many clicks to get into a game, if you can actually log in.

I've never seen a wait que to actually get into the front UI in any other game. In game sounds have been messed up, sound bugs, freezing in maches, a stupid fake graphical "Interference" in the UI. Stupidly large font, etc. etc. Please developers get a grip on this disaster, please restore and fix these urgent problems otherwise your potential sales within Steam with take a huge hit with all the negative reviews.

As I said I've been playing for a while and love the concept of the game and I am more than happy to pay for improvements and premium ships etc. in the same way as WT or WoW, Wot and so on. I refuse to uninstall because potentially it could be up there with some of the great ones with some imagination and common sense. STOP NOW-ADMIT YOUR MISTAKES AND FIX THIS MESS. Thank you in advance.

Oct. 16, 2018, 3:13 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 16, 2018, 3:16 p.m.

Problem is, that they've delayed development on some cool features saying that they need the resources for preparing the Steam release... They've also ignored fixing matchmaking issues, saying it will automatically "fix itself" once we get a big enough playerbase from Steam. Very little has changed in the past half year, maybe even more. Everything was put aside in favor of the Steam version...

And then we get this. Seriously, wtf?... Basic features stopped working, the Hangar UI is horrible, the sounds also got a lot worse, and no new feature or improvement came with Steam either, apart from some cosmetic items. Things are either not changed at all, or if changed, then changed for the worse. So what on Earth have they been working on all this time? My bet would be their Rainbow Six Platinum ranks...

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

Oct. 16, 2018, 4:06 p.m.

Joined today, played 2 hours and loved the game concept so i went out and bought the High tier package from steam at 58$. Now that i have invested money in the game and wanna play there goes the Login Queue at more than 5000!!!! .....WTF.

Oct. 16, 2018, 4:29 p.m.

Dantrax#6697 posted (#post-226528) said:

Joined today, played 2 hours and loved the game concept so i went out and bought the High tier package from steam at 58$. Now that i have invested money in the game and wanna play there goes the Login Queue at more than 5000!!!! .....WTF.

Log all the way out close the launcher. Wait 30 seconds ish, then restart. It's worked for me. I feel your pain, I got that pack too.

@everyone else, no one is more disappointed with how this has gone than the folks as sixfoot. Most of them are having a few hours sleep a night if they are lucky. They are on this. We have no choice but to wait.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Oct. 16, 2018, 5:14 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-226529) said:

Dantrax#6697 posted (#post-226528) said:

Log all the way out close the launcher. Wait 30 seconds ish, then restart. It's worked for me. I feel your pain, I got that pack too.

@everyone else, no one is more disappointed with how this has gone than the folks as sixfoot. Most of them are having a few hours sleep a night if they are lucky. They are on this. We have no choice but to wait.

Hi Belial,

the problem is that the majority of what was published centred around how Steam would address a great deal of issues.

What issues? Who knows, as there was no interaction or real detail about issues that were raised by players - other than to say 'we're addressing a lot of issues with the Steam launch'.

There were a lot of videos saying 'look how great this is'...but again, it was very much a one way broadcast with a 'it's going to be great!' being the constant mantra.

Even now we have DN representatives welcoming new players to the game, but on the flip side I haven't really seen anyone from DN addressing the concerns raised by some players?

This one way broadcast had some really worried as the launch day moved closer and pow, here it is and many are disappointed.

Does DN agree? Does DN have any message? You seem to know what they are thinking? Are you their official spokesperson?

Oct. 16, 2018, 7:24 p.m.

They are posting a lot on the steam forums and social media. A video went up yesterday of what they are doing. The game director Mike Donnatelly(Sorry if I've got the spelling wrong) looked like he's probably not had a good night's sleep in days. They are hoping to push out a patch in the next few hours to fix "A lot of the problems people are seeing".

I'm a player and a forum mod who just so happens to talk to the devs. I've had conversations with them as 3am there time about things, and then again about 4-5 hours later. That's how little sleep some of them are getting. They do care, or they wouldn't be doing this, or keeping players constantly updated.

It might not be enough for some people, but that's game development for you.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Oct. 16, 2018, 9:28 p.m.

yes the steam launch was less than perfect. come on, show a little love to the developers, after all we do enjoy this game enough to play it.

on that subject, does anyone know if now the prices in the market are now set to the local currency?

Oct. 16, 2018, 10:07 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 16, 2018, 10:08 p.m.

my biggest concern is the first bad impression we have given in steam, this simply does not attract new players, and others who have already tried it, have left, and do not give it a new opportunity after things improve, consequently , the player base will not grow.

and second, I'm interested to know if they are going to do something with the current performance of the game, they improved the fps, yes, but now, my gpu is heated up to 80 degrees just by being in the hangar, and in the battles in some maps, What happened? This never happened to me, and I do not like to play something that warms up my video card so much. I was enthusiastic about supporting the project now that it is in steam, but I can not, I'm sorry, hopefully fix this, because I really like dreadnougth.

Oct. 17, 2018, 1:07 a.m.

It is good to hear there has been engagement. I have only been able to pop onto these forums and seen very little. I assume the main forums that have been used in the past don't take the presidence of the new Steam forums and the new players that DN is hoping to capture and keep. Makes sense I guess.

As for keeping players, I don't think I've seen one (well yes there was one), who stated they would leave. In fact most of those who have raised concerns in the past have done so because they enjoy the game and want to see it succeed.

Many pleaded for info about the changes that would come with the magic of Steam - but all we got was 'Steam will make it better'. Some on the forums joined the 'one view' being pushed out by DN and quoted that to raise concerns was unfair before Steam had launched - but now we are here.

People can raise concerns and wish to engage without having to adopt the fan boy 'nothing wrong here' approach, in fact those that argued against those voicing concerns with the same 'lack of evidence' haven't really helped matters.

People who raise concerns are no less loyal to the game than the 'we're heading for trouble but everything is fine' group. We all want to see the game succeed.

Oct. 17, 2018, 1:46 a.m.

the game looks and sounds more mickey mouse than ever. i play the pc version cos of all the visual benifits that its brings but this new DN looks like i have just down graded my pc to a commodore 64. the ui is so confusing. its a mission just trying to workout where things are and they are not where you expect. the devs have decided to go this way and they dont change there mind that much. the previos updates have changes the ui before but this is a massive step back.

ill check back again in a month but not holding my breath. when the game is working, its good but the good is definitely more out weighed by the bad now.

always the promise of, well fix it in the next update but when are you going to fix this update.

Closed