FORUMS


Message to Devs: BITTERLY DISAPPOINTED with PC Steam Launch.



Posted: //
Oct. 17, 2018, 2:14 a.m.



my gpu is heated up to 80 degrees just by being in the hangar

Same... worst is if you alt tab out to take a break, it's still taking 90% of your gpu and overheating your card...


Site | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | GameMaker


Posted: //
Oct. 17, 2018, 2:59 a.m.


Updated //
Oct. 17, 2018, 3 a.m.

In case you have an AMD graphics card, just create a profile for the game in Radeon Settings, and set a framerate limit. (afaik Chill doesn't work with Dreadnought, but if it does, you can use that too). It may affect your in-match performance, but as long as you can set that limit high enough, it won't bother you at all. This game is handicapped by network lag, not input lag.

In case you have an nVidia graphics card like me... well yeah, you're focked, since crapvidia drivers don't offer any frame pacing solutions whatsoever.

It would be really nice if the game itself had an option to limit Hangar fps - a feature that has been asked for for ages! So much about listening to feedback...


Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2


Posted: //
Oct. 17, 2018, 4:56 a.m.



Also clean your GPU fans. I'm not having any over heating problems.


https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel


Posted: //
Oct. 17, 2018, 10:04 a.m.



Am I disappointed with the steam release? Yes. Am I willing to be patient and trust that the devs will address the issues? Yes. Why? Because: a) the game was working (more or less) fine before, there's no reason why it can't / won't be returned to that state b) the livelihoods of the DN devs depend on this. So I'm sure of all people, they are the most motivated to make it work

Let's give these guys a chance to make this work. Looking forward to playing with you all very soon.

SFH


Posted: //
Oct. 17, 2018, 10:22 a.m.



Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-226542) said:

It might not be enough for some people, but that's game development for you.

Problem is, a lot of people don't know if it's good enough or not because they can't log in. If you look at steam chart https://steamcharts.com/app/835860 player base is not growing, further more amount of logged players is lower than this 3k small peak we had in day 1, not because players don't like the game, but rather because they can't even try to see whats up. All of that is reflected in comments which are currently sitting at 44% positive.

I remember only one big space themed game that goes down in reviews so fast and it was No Man's sky, which becomes a meme.


Posted: //
Oct. 17, 2018, 1:48 p.m.



Mortimer#0942 posted (#post-226584) said:

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-226542) said:

It might not be enough for some people, but that's game development for you.

Problem is, a lot of people don't know if it's good enough or not because they can't log in. If you look at steam chart https://steamcharts.com/app/835860 player base is not growing, further more amount of logged players is lower than this 3k small peak we had in day 1, not because players don't like the game, but rather because they can't even try to see whats up. All of that is reflected in comments which are currently sitting at 44% positive.

I remember only one big space themed game that goes down in reviews so fast and it was No Man's sky, which becomes a meme.

If you look at the negative comments most are from people who have played under an hour. The vast majority of them slate the UI. Steam reviews are often garbage, everyone knows that.


https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel


Posted: //
Oct. 17, 2018, 2:54 p.m.


Updated //
Oct. 17, 2018, 2:54 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-226595) said:

Steam reviews are often garbage, everyone knows that.

In its' current state the game is too, so they aren't generally mistaken.


Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2


Posted: //
Oct. 17, 2018, 2:57 p.m.



Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-226595) said: If you look at the negative comments most are from people who have played under an hour.

Lots of people had under an hour playtime, because they experience connection issue. C'mon Man, just look at playerbase numbers (the link I posted) we are not gaining players, because they cant log in.


Posted: //
Oct. 17, 2018, 4:21 p.m.



Mortimer#0942 posted (#post-226599) said:

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-226595) said: If you look at the negative comments most are from people who have played under an hour.

Lots of people had under an hour playtime, because they experience connection issue. C'mon Man, just look at playerbase numbers (the link I posted) we are not gaining players, because they cant log in.

That link is not working for me.


https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel


Posted: //
Oct. 17, 2018, 5:19 p.m.


Updated //
Oct. 17, 2018, 5:21 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-226602) said:

That link is not working for me.

description

That's how it looks, connection issues hit player base hard, that's why lots of people had under hour playtime.

Closed