FORUMS

Message to Devs: BITTERLY DISAPPOINTED with PC Steam Launch.

Posted: //
Oct. 17, 2018, 5:46 p.m.

To me the gameplay itself feels more or less unchanged, except now the Vindys have more seals to club than ever before. Here is specifc feedback I do have, maybe some of you agree with me:

I remember them saying that they want everything in the game to be 3 clicks away. Getting into the customization window for your ship is now more confusing than ever, I think it takes 5 clicks.

• There is no longer a single button to jump into a match. It is now 3 clicks away

• UI Text is overly large, and the blocky design is still just as bad as when Microsoft tried to make Windows 10 UI.

• Took me about 5 tries to get into the hanger (login errors)

• Nuke sound is terrible. Honestly, the old nuke sound was great

• Beam sound is almost inaudible, to much base

• FPS in game is better, but textures look washed out even on highest settings (I mean they did before too, but it seems worse to me now)

• Some sounds are very loud, and others are very quiet, just feels really weird

• Bugs galore, for example when I unlocked a module, I was unable to purchase it as the price shows -1 credits

• Forum post editor still sucks btw

• Major balance issues have still yet be address even a year later (looking at you light vs heavy torpedo, tractor beams not working, T4 Bombers being garbage, fighter being garbage. Useful modules like energy missile, stasis/purge beam, tractor beam; still do squat for your score)

I don't want to be to negative, but I really feel like the game looked and felt better before the release. I know the devs have been working their butts off, but to be frank, at the end of the day, players don't really care about that, they just won't play.

Oct. 17, 2018, 9 p.m.

I want to echo on the disappointment. Don't get us wrong, we want dreadnought to be awesome and succeed, so we have more ppl to play with instead of waiting an hour for a legendary match and then get stomped on by LYB.

Just rolling as many things as possible back to what we had before the steam launch would go a long way. I'm talking about the sound, parts of the UI (maybe keep the new hanger), server code, etc.

I honestly want to know how does a team that has built such an awesome game since alpha decides to put motorcycle engine sound in space.

Oct. 17, 2018, 10:33 p.m.

Whoever decided that launching on Steam with a new build, without running a Beta Period on steam first, should probably be spoken to rather sternly. I know that it's horribly common for online games to launch badly these days, but this feels very much like it could have been avoided, or minimized at the very least.

Players being unable to connect because the server is up & down like a yo-yo is one thing, but then when they do get on & managed to play & find that End of match reward total are not the values they recieve (if any), the -1 credit issue stops any advancement, GP totals disapear, Credit totals disapear, markets disapear, & the UI is completely unintuitive - frustrations rise, no matter how good the gameplay & they give up & go elsewhere.

Everything that is being experienced that is providing a negative play experience is a part of a players first impression of the game & ultimately the company behind it. First impressions last.

Oct. 17, 2018, 11 p.m.

Hello

The developers have announced in the Steam Forum that they will not change either the UI or the sounds. They will only make a few adjustments to the UI when it is necessary.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/835860/discussions/1/1733216261942486155/

Oct. 17, 2018, 11:19 p.m.

It seems that the problem I had with my gpu is already fixed.

I will give my views of the state of the game.

I like it, I like it in general.

1. The interface is nice, creative, it feels a bit confusing, with some elements that are too big, but I like the aesthetic idea

2. sound, it feels more realistic, many dislike the new sounds of weapons because they are very deep sound, but they are gigantic ships, it is obvious that the sounds sound deep sound.

except for the new sound of the engines, it feels out of place, maybe I can leave it for the corvettes, it feels like a small engine, maybe each class or manufacturer can have its own sound in its engines.

I will give my support in the course of this or the other week, please keep this game alive, it is a bit depressing the first impression we had, if it had not been for the inconveniences, I bet we would have reached the 6k of players in line and going up..

Oct. 17, 2018, 11:54 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 18, 2018, 1:05 a.m.

Look, I have a thousand hours logged on the old XCOM games. Sound and UI mean nothing to me, though the aesthetic step back is a bit baffling. I remember talk of feature and code parity with the console version - perhaps its that, I think to myself.

So as a judgement litmus test, I take a single issue that bugged me, that I reported months ago, that a dev even responded to, and investigate. Are the tooltips/damage values on the Jutland main cannons still blatantly wrong?

As it turns out, the new UI is so info-lite that I cannot check baseline ship equipment details like rate of fire or damage per shot.

Well, that's one way to fix a wrong tooltip.

Still, Jutland cannons are listed at around 1300 DPS. Surely, that is much higher damage than they could reach in the last build. Perhaps their values have been fixed? I decide to test this out by going for my most anticipated new feature -something that'll fix everything for me as a third shift worker. Only needing three humans, and the potential to entirely duck clan premades in lie of some rewarding PvE? Perfect! Time to try Havoc --

Havoc mode is not available.

We have this console pleb UI and massive connectivity issues and still no feature parity? After seasons of development time? Not a huge fan of this update.

Oct. 18, 2018, 1:55 a.m.

Yeah I know, I was effected too. But do you honestly take any reviwe of any game where some one has less than an hours play time seriously? I know I never do. 90% of the time it's salt because the Devs didnt fix the problem they had fast enough for them.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Oct. 18, 2018, 2:29 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 18, 2018, 2:31 a.m.

1 hours of playtime could be meaningless, since that only counts Steam. Some of those reviews could have easily been written by beta players, having hunders of battles behind their backs. Anyways, regardless of who wrote those negative reviews, they're rightfully negative.

No matter how you try to sugarcoat it, this launch is an utter failure. New players cannot play, because half the time the server is offline, while in the other half their progress is blocked by critical bugs. At the same time veteran players are rightfully p1ssed since they were promised that tons of shlt - some reported over a year ago - will be fixed, including bugs, balance, bad design decisions, you name it. All they did instead of that is making things worse than before.

Since Steam launch is an orbital failure, I'm guessing this studio can now start counting the days they have left, and they very well deserve this fate. They've done like...nothing!... in the past year.

Don't get me wrong, I really want to love this game, it's just that the developers do everything in their power to prevent that. Being a dev myself, I wish I could just take control of this studio and make Dreadnought great again...

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

Oct. 18, 2018, 2:38 a.m.

So many games have had "failed" launches it's not even funny. SWToR had a "failed" launch still here. Guild Wars 2, going stronger than ever. There are probably more. Yes It was a s$%t show of a launch. Then no game moving from private to steam have had zero problems. I'm not saying I'm happy with it, but it is what it is.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Oct. 18, 2018, 2:44 a.m.

Yeah, but it's not just the server and login problems... WHERE is all the cr4p that was promised? Instead of all the fixes and features that were talked about in the past year, the only thing they added to the game are bugs.

It's terrible for both new and old players alike, albeit for different reasons. How can they fock something up so hard, considering they spent many months preparing for this? This!

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

Closed