FORUMS

Message to Devs: BITTERLY DISAPPOINTED with PC Steam Launch.

Posted: //
Oct. 18, 2018, 2:16 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-226621) said:

So many games have had "failed" launches it's not even funny. SWToR had a "failed" launch still here. Guild Wars 2, going stronger than ever. There are probably more. Yes It was a s$%t show of a launch. Then no game moving from private to steam have had zero problems. I'm not saying I'm happy with it, but it is what it is.

I'm unsure why you bring up the other games? What does a successful or unsuccessful launch of another game have to do with the launch of Dreadnought? I'm assuming you have mentioned both of those because they are both still around? If that is the case we could name many that had an unsuccessful launch and aren't around.

The fact is your passion for the game and your want to see it succeed makes you reluctant to say anything negative; I respect that.

The point I would like to make is that many of those that voice their concerns are just as passionate about wanting to see the game succeed. Many have commented on their disappointment in how the launch went and why shouldn't they, so much was promised.

You are right, 'it is what it is', but the same could be said about some of the comments made - so why do you find it so hard to live with them?

Oct. 18, 2018, 2:41 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 18, 2018, 2:47 p.m.

Most of the comments here are good and the Dev/Suits of this game would be wise to read them and take to heart.

There is little reason for this failed launch and the uptick to it with all the we want to make it great, do it right ect makes it worse. When you claim over a months prep time and stop doing stuff on the game in order to get x right and x turns out to be wrong, well you fraked up big time buddy. No amount of its all good, look at other games and what they had happen matter. Bad is bad. Period and that really is the end of that story.

We, and I say we since we have supported this game since closed beta. I like the game an want to see it do well and expand, as do many of my guildmates. That said, this is a bad vibe for the start or a relauch, what ever you want to call it. Is it recoverable? Sure it is. Do I feel sorry for anyone having sleepless night, nope. It is their fault they are up fixing what they broke. That is their job and this is not some "ART Project" its a commercal game. So I cut no slack. Nor should anyone else, do it right and fast.

Now for my specific feedback:

1. I think the size of the UI is fine, but how it overlays other parts needs to be looked at. It cuts off stuff.
  2. There are way too many clicks to upgrade ships, how you get to upgrades ect, this all needs to be fully reworked. This will end the game for many imo esp with the hard wall grind you hit at T3. No player is going to like this and I mean no player.
  3. I know you are trying to get more information per screen to players, still imo I think this was a fail. In some places it it too much others too little. Take hard look at just how much info you are displaying at once, we are humans lol. Find the sweet spot.
  4. Social UI is better but still is bad, add guild support to the fracking game already.

description

pegasuscommand.com

Oct. 18, 2018, 3:30 p.m.

WaveRider#4219 posted (#post-226663) said:

So many games have had "failed" launches it's not even funny. SWToR had a "failed" launch still here. Guild Wars 2, going stronger than ever. There are probably more. Yes It was a s$%t show of a launch. Then no game moving from private to steam have had zero problems. I'm not saying I'm happy with it, but it is what it is.

I'm unsure why you bring up the other games? What does a successful or unsuccessful launch of another game have to do with the launch of Dreadnought? I'm assuming you have mentioned both of those because they are both still around? If that is the case we could name many that had an unsuccessful launch and aren't around.

The fact is your passion for the game and your want to see it succeed makes you reluctant to say anything negative; I respect that.

The point I would like to make is that many of those that voice their concerns are just as passionate about wanting to see the game succeed. Many have commented on their disappointment in how the launch went and why shouldn't they, so much was promised.

You are right, 'it is what it is', but the same could be said about some of the comments made - so why do you find it so hard to live with them?

I used then as they are game I played at launch, I dropped SWToR because I didn't enjoy it. Regardless of how bad the launch was. Guild Wars 2 I took a 6 month brake from because of how bad the launch was.

Nothing negative? The launch was a disaster. I said it was a s$%t show.

My point was a bad launch is not a death sentence. Don't know what what your issue is with me saying so.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Oct. 18, 2018, 4:02 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 18, 2018, 4:03 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-226665) said:

WaveRider#4219 posted (#post-226663) said:

I used then as they are game I played at launch, I dropped SWToR because I didn't enjoy it. Regardless of how bad the launch was. Guild Wars 2 I took a 6 month brake from because of how bad the launch was.

Nothing negative? The launch was a disaster. I said it was a s$%t show.

My point was a bad launch is not a death sentence. Don't know what what your issue is with me saying so.

Those other games have no relevance to the Dreadnought game release.

I said you were reluctant to say negative things, not that you didn't say anything negative.

No one has said a bad launch is a death sentance, people have said they are disappointed.

I'll let your reply speak for itself; thank you.

Oct. 18, 2018, 5:11 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 18, 2018, 5:13 p.m.

Games that tend to survive bad launches are usually released by big companies, so they have enough wealth to weather the storm. I don't think that ever was the case with GreyBox, considering how little they've accomplished since the OBT started, I'd say they're running on fumes.

I do want the game to succeed, I just don't believe that it'll ever happen anymore. Kind of reminds me of Stellar Impact, which was in many ways very similar to Dreadnought, had great gameplay and great ideas... but was also released by the wrong company, which let the game slowly bleed out and die, ignoring all the issues and feedback, and focusing on god-only-knows-what in the meantime. I see the same thing happening here, and it makes me quite sad...

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

Oct. 18, 2018, 7:41 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 18, 2018, 7:44 p.m.

is this real?...

https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/10/18/layoffs-at-dreadnought-developer-six-foot

description

Oct. 18, 2018, 9:20 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 18, 2018, 9:22 p.m.

Its being reported by multiple sites so apparently true. Things dont sound good tbh and I personally wouldny invest any money in the game at this point. Of course I have said since I picked up the game six months ago prices for the market and currency conversion were detrimental, way too high to make people want to invest. The admitted lack of sales and failure to adjust only worsened things.

Oct. 18, 2018, 9:48 p.m.

Well that was fast. Sadly deserved, from everything available to us. I really liked this game, that's a shame.

Oct. 18, 2018, 9:53 p.m.

This is really too bad. This was (see past-tense here) a really good game. They had an opportunity to make it great with Steam but decided it wasn't worth their effort. Will try to stay positive and hope it turns around somehow or another develop picks it up... but if not, it was tonnes of fun playing with so many of you.

SFH

Oct. 19, 2018, 12:03 a.m.

hmmmm likewise. gunna keep jumping on regardless til something is official

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Closed