FORUMS

Message to Devs: BITTERLY DISAPPOINTED with PC Steam Launch.

Posted: //
Oct. 19, 2018, 2:08 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 19, 2018, 2:09 a.m.

Hate to say I told you so...

On another note, wtf? They had like 200 employees? WHAT on Earth were all those people doing? They were clearly not working on Dreadnought, that's for sure.

A team of a dozen right minded developers and designers could've done twice the job at half the time they did. You know, small studios that actually know what they're doing, like Ninja Theory... What is wrong with this company, how could they mess this up sooo bad with so many resources on their hands?!

I really wish they just sold all rights of Dreadnought to a decent studio, so we could finally get the game that was promised. I'm really sad to see this game go down, but not sad at all to see the studio go down. A mighty sh1tty job that they did...

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

Oct. 19, 2018, 2:17 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 19, 2018, 2:23 a.m.

Did anyone read the artucal? They still have 2/3's of there staff. It's not unusual for any company to "loose" people after a product ships, just normally those company's have other games in the pipe.

I feel bad for the folks that lost there jobs. If you want the game to survive, the best thing to do is keep playing.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Oct. 19, 2018, 2:46 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 19, 2018, 2:50 a.m.

Belial please, wake up already. LOOK at what they accomplished with their full team this year! Like... nothing!

New features were not delivered, the new UI sucks, the new sounds suck, the balance changes they did are laughable too... for example look at how they "fixed" Adrenaline Shot. There were several great suggestions for handling that one, suggestions that made sense, and look at what they did instead!

Whoever the heck is the lead gameplay designer on this game, should be fired this instant.

And about the launch, no, it isn't a failure solely because of the server issues. It's a failure because they made the game worse, they brought on a plethora of new bugs, and they haven't fixed anything that their veteran players explicitly told them they need to fix before Steam, otherwise they'll scare off new players.

There is absolutely zero good in what they did to the game, Steam launch would have been a failure with rock solid servers as well. This is why some of us - that wanted the game to succeed - are extremely p1ssed off.

Now, looking at what their full team was "capable of", what do you think 2/3 of that sorry bunch will accomplish?

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

Oct. 19, 2018, 3:15 a.m.

Tyrel#8199 posted (#post-226686) said:

Belial please, wake up already. LOOK at what they accomplished with their full team this year! Like... nothing!

New features were not delivered, the new UI sucks, the new sounds suck, the balance changes they did are laughable too... for example look at how they "fixed" Adrenaline Shot. There were several great suggestions for handling that one, suggestions that made sense, and look at what they did instead!

Whoever the heck is the lead gameplay designer on this game, should be fired this instant.

And about the launch, no, it isn't a failure solely because of the server issues. It's a failure because they made the game worse, they brought on a plethora of new bugs, and they haven't fixed anything that their veteran players explicitly told them they need to fix before Steam, otherwise they'll scare off new players.

There is absolutely zero good in what they did to the game, Steam launch would have been a failure with rock solid servers as well. This is why some of us - that wanted the game to succeed - are extremely p1ssed off.

Now, looking at what their full team was "capable of", what do you think 2/3 of that sorry bunch will accomplish?

Totally agreed. The sh1tty steam launch is something DN dev team did unto themselves. And so far I didn't see much of communication regarding player feedbacks like if they are gonig to change anything soon. My patience is running super thin right now. With so many games being published every now and then, DN's new UI and the sh1tty programming (or lack of testing prior to steam launch) will be the deciding point for me and many players I know for whether we will continue to support DN. The whole POS is just telling me that Six Foot dev is just trying to do something for the sake of being able to say they do something and then they just broke things that work.

Unlike some fanboys trying to say I need to be polite blah blah blah, the sh1tty-ness of this launch needs to be blasted with the harshest words possible to wake the dev up to fix things. See how Rainbow Six Siege was a f-up thing when launch and the devs turned it completely around to be one of the most popular on Steam? Six Foot you guys better prepare yourself to turn Dreadnought around too or it is more than just a few years of time and resources wasted thanks to your screwup at steam launch, which you guys apparently has absolutely zero idea how important it is judging from your actions. Like there is no testing and feedback period before launch on steam? You guys are either so bl00dy overconfident or just stupid thinking that you don't need to have feedback.

Oct. 19, 2018, 3:53 a.m.

Whoah settle, the thread should not spiral into just flaming the devs. The article clearly narrated why the launch was in the shape it was, bereft of bug fixes and new features alike; they had already been given clear and honest warning of financial deadlines hurtling towards them, and no longer had any recourse but to ship immediately and pray.

That flopped, and now dozens of people's careers are over without so much as severance.

There was clearly some mismanagement and fundamental mistakes, but I think they were many steps back down the timeline. This was a desperate gambit for survival revenue via steam pop base, and I can only assume it was done without the staff, time or money that went into the first builds.

It sucks, but we're out a video game. And not immediately, either; the'll run for months atleast. Theyy lost a lot more, and not just jobs.

Oct. 19, 2018, 7:20 a.m.

^It is pure frustration that when many things were tested and proved to work (maybe need tweaks and improvements but still work) were re-done without sufficient resources and testing and now things got screwed up and everyone in a loss-loss situation. If they have financial deadlines then why waste time on reinventing wheels and put themselves into a worse situation is beyond me. The more I try to like this game, the more it hurts me to think about wtf is going on with their directions. (and tried very hard to tell friends the dev is not trying to do a money grab on steam given they have been OK in the past years)

Oct. 19, 2018, 8:06 a.m.

While Belial is right in that layoffs post-launch are common, others are right in that there are major red flags. You have the bugs and server issues on launch, negative feedback from pre-steam players on the changes, and some of the wording in the article paints a very bad picture. And, as someone else said, fully staffed and buckling down and getting the result doesn't inspire confidence.

Steam was being built up as the game's savior, but at the moment it's looking more it's death knell.

Oct. 19, 2018, 8:58 a.m.

Tyrel#8199 posted (#post-226686) said:

I am awake. People have lost there jobs and all you can do is QQ about how the game didn't live up to the hype. I've never played a game that has. Yes you're right we are missing a lot that was promised. We where also told Havoc and custom matches where not coming with steam. I was not happy with that announcement. Making games is not an easy thing to do, if it was everyone would do it. Yes what we got was disappointing. I was exspecting a lot more from the steam launch. The game play is still fun at least.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Oct. 19, 2018, 9:15 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 19, 2018, 9:22 a.m.

Nexucor#3610 posted (#post-226674) said:

https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/10/18/layoffs-at-dreadnought-developer-six-foot

Wow

If the Steam launch is going to be your do-or-die last ditch effort but you are hemorrhaging money and have less staff then why are you trying to implement a new UI and add more to the game?

Although the product was just fine as it was ( for us players ), releasing it as-is may not have been possible.

A new UI and other changes may have been required by Valve to comply with the Steam launch.

I am suggesting something may not have been compatible and needed to be re-worked for the Steam launch to work.

This would make the most sense as to why the new UI is not on par with the previous version. ( less staff and available capitol for creation, testing, and quality control )

Oct. 19, 2018, 9:17 a.m.

Railing on the devs isn't going to turn things around... and frankly, I doubt it was the individual devs themselves that dug the six feet hole for Six Foot. From what I can tell on reddit, the fault lies with management and their greed and inability to use player-base feedback. Seems like the writing was on the wall there for a while

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/9p9oce/report_layoffs_at_dreadnought_developer_six_foot/

Looks like the folks who ought to be fired for this clusterfck are the very same people who are making the financial decisions leading to a cashflow bleed out. I feel sorry for the team-members, both those who were laid off and the ones remaining. Nothing worse than working under management who doesn't know their heads from their as$es.

To those who worked their as$es off to make DN what is was: O7 To those in management who f'd it up for all of us: ╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮

Closed