FORUMS

Message to Devs: BITTERLY DISAPPOINTED with PC Steam Launch.

Posted: //
Oct. 19, 2018, 9:23 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 19, 2018, 9:26 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-226702) said:

People have lost there jobs and all you can do is QQ about how the game didn't live up to the hype.

Well I'm not worried about them personally, they don't care how I pay my bills, or how ridiculously much their Market items cost compared to the GDP of a crappy east European country's average wages. No love lost there. Furthermore software developers are sought after all around the world, so it's not like they're going to starve to death now. Finding a job in IT is relatively easy.

On another note yeah, the game still is fun to play, but see that's what makes people like me "emotionally invested" enough to lose my shlt. I love this game, I WANT it to succeed and develop a healthy community and with it a reliable update cycle. I wanted this to be my "go to" game, to play, when I'm bored of everything else. A game that people regularly return to, always find something new, and always have fun. You know, like War Thunder, or Warframe, or World of Warcraft even...

This WAS their chance to get that started, and they failed hard, and on many levels. How am I supposed to be happy about it, or why even? They're just digging the grave now...

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

Oct. 19, 2018, 9:34 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 19, 2018, 9:34 a.m.

HLP-SafeFromHarm#5061 posted (#post-226704) said:

To those who worked their as$es off to make DN what is was: O7 To those in management who f'd it up for all of us: ╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮

Yeah this fish definitely stinks from its' head. There were many signs already way before Steam pointing to serious issues in decisionmaking at the project lead levels... but I honestly didn't believe it's actually that bad. I mean, being willful and ignorant and simple-minded is one thing, but being so much so that you'd even "let your child die" rather than acknowledge your mistakes... now that's one special kind of stupid.

Oct. 19, 2018, 11:24 a.m.

Maybe they have not failed just yet. The Game has stayed in the 2.5K player range all day. That's not bad. Seeing as FS that everyone likes to conpair DN to has had a 24 hour peek of 148.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Oct. 19, 2018, 12:03 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 19, 2018, 12:04 p.m.

Not everyone comes at you with torches and pitch forks ! There are way so people that still love this game and want it to succeed to the highest level and I know this to be true from all of the other posts that I have read that I am not alone by saying so. And as member of this ccommunity I want to convey the fealing of a rallying cry from your community and please know this even though not all people are vocal we WILL still continue to support your continued efforts that you put into this wonderfull game.

Oct. 19, 2018, 12:03 p.m.

That is better but I doubt enough to pay for 45 more Devs. Sure not anything for a game like this to be jumping for joy over.

Anyone that wants to try and help this game atm, best you can do is a good honest review on Stream. The game has many issues but it is worth playing and can be fixed. We have done what we can to help promote the game. It is F2P and needs more population. That is what drives spending. We need MORE! I see no reason not to recommend it the game is fraking free and fun to play even now.

description

pegasuscommand.com

Oct. 19, 2018, 12:08 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 19, 2018, 12:10 p.m.

2.5K online players are way too few to keep a studio financially happy, imho... I think they'd need above 10K constantly to keep afloat, growing even.

On another note, I'm not really surprised that FS is failing that hard. I mean, it's not straight up bad, just... something was always missing there, maybe ship customization, or just the general feel of it, idk. I've always preferred Dreadnought. It's really a solid base to build upon, and would only need some love from the devs... This far however, they've proven to be at least as cold hearted as I am spiteful.

Oct. 19, 2018, 12:09 p.m.

PegCom_Aer#0033 posted (#post-226714) said:

That is better but I doubt enough to pay for 45 more Devs. Sure not anything for a game like this to be jumping for joy over.

Anyone that wants to try and help this game atm, best you can do is a good honest review on Stream. The game has many issues but it is worth playing and can be fixed. We have done what we can to help promote the game. It is F2P and needs more population. That is what drives spending. We need MORE! I see no reason not to recommend it the game is fraking free and fun to play even now.

Reasonable prices for items in the market, currency conversion and elite status also drive spending. By their own admission, the first two did not make them much.

Oct. 19, 2018, 12:19 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 19, 2018, 12:23 p.m.

SkyRaider#3584 posted (#post-226717) said:

Reasonable prices for items in the market, currency conversion and elite status also drive spending. By their own admission, the first two did not make them much.

Yeah, totally agreed, blatantly obvious imho. If they halved the GP price on cosmetics items, and XP conversion, and also somewhat reduced prices on Hero ships, their stuff would suddenly become affordable to a lot more people. So much so that even though their prices lowered, their income would still increase.

Many companies make this mistake. Six Foot - as far as I can tell - is American, and they assume that since 40$ is like nothing to them (maybe a better lunch costs that much), it's the same everywhere else. It's not!

Then there is the psychological factor too. Even if you're relatively wealthy, when you see that you need to pay like 30-40 bucks for a T4 Hero ship, or pretty much any in-game digital item that has no real value, they'll just say "forget it bi4tch!"... But if that same thing only cost 10-20 bucks, they'd be like "meh, who cares, let's get it!".

Ofc if they reduced the prices on stuff, they'd be less exclusive as a lot more players could/would buy them, but hey, who cares really?! I was never p1ssed if someone had the same paintjob as me, even if they do own it there's a fair chance they have it on a different ship, use different decals, different ship sections, etc... You'll still look unique. All that really changes is that everyone will look unique, not just a few dudes that could afford to not be on the default ship appearances. I don't see no problem with that.

Oct. 19, 2018, 1:06 p.m.

Tyrel#8199 posted (#post-226706) said:

Well I'm not worried about them personally, they don't care how I pay my bills, or how ridiculously much their Market items cost compared to the GDP of a crappy east European country's average wages. No love lost there. Furthermore software developers are sought after all around the world, so it's not like they're going to starve to death now. Finding a job in IT is relatively easy.

It's highly doubtful that the people in charge of pricing were the ones who were let go, kindly keep that in mind the next time you feel the need to express your indifference over people losing their jobs because you don't like the prices in a free to play game they have been involved in.

Oct. 19, 2018, 2:08 p.m.

Tyrel#8199 posted (#post-226721) said:

SkyRaider#3584 posted (#post-226717) said:

Yeah, totally agreed, blatantly obvious imho. If they halved the GP price on cosmetics items, and XP conversion, and also somewhat reduced prices on Hero ships, their stuff would suddenly become affordable to a lot more people. So much so that even though their prices lowered, their income would still increase.

Many companies make this mistake. Six Foot - as far as I can tell - is American, and they assume that since 40$ is like nothing to them (maybe a better lunch costs that much), it's the same everywhere else. It's not!

Then there is the psychological factor too. Even if you're relatively wealthy, when you see that you need to pay like 30-40 bucks for a T4 Hero ship, or pretty much any in-game digital item that has no real value, they'll just say "forget it bi4tch!"... But if that same thing only cost 10-20 bucks, they'd be like "meh, who cares, let's get it!".

Ofc if they reduced the prices on stuff, they'd be less exclusive as a lot more players could/would buy them, but hey, who cares really?! I was never p1ssed if someone had the same paintjob as me, even if they do own it there's a fair chance they have it on a different ship, use different decals, different ship sections, etc... You'll still look unique. All that really changes is that everyone will look unique, not just a few dudes that could afford to not be on the default ship appearances. I don't see no problem with that.

Yeah, if prices are low people are more prone to an impulse buy. Players could see a skin they thought was ok, but if it's only $3-4 dollars, the'll probably just go "meh it's a few bucks" and buy it. It seems greybox's business side didn't understand they'll make a lot more money buy selling more items to more people at lesser prices then one item to a small amount at a higher price.

Closed