FORUMS

Message to Devs: BITTERLY DISAPPOINTED with PC Steam Launch.

Posted: //
Oct. 19, 2018, 3:35 p.m.

The business decisions are one thing, but WHY did they have to screw with things that didn't need to be "fixed" like sounds?! It was perfectly fine, no one complained about it... leave it as is!! Why this new horrible sound design? It's like they made it a point to shoot themselves in the foot?

SFH

Oct. 19, 2018, 6:24 p.m.

I'm sad that Telltale got shut down, but I'm happy with the immenent shutdown of this company. To be fair, both companies deserve shut down due to mismanagement of the funds and resources. Furthermore, given how this game was developed - with each update creating more bugs than fixes - this company deserves to be bankrupt more than any other. It's surreal to think that early builts of this game were way superior to the product they have now - but that's the reality.

Oct. 19, 2018, 6:27 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 19, 2018, 6:36 p.m.

That news about in doors mood in team and overall organisation explains a lot.

Oct. 20, 2018, 4:27 a.m.

Can't some people realize that at the end of the days, players especially the new ones found DN on steam don't really give a F about if past dev made good efforts or Six Foot got layoffs? Only thing people care if the quality of the product as whole. There is zero point saying that anyone need to sympathize with those who lost their jobs. Players especially the new ones need to see how Six Foot is making their efforts to dig themselves out of the six feet hole they somehow dig them themselves into.

Oct. 20, 2018, 7:03 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 20, 2018, noon

maximmm#5966 posted (#post-226740) said:

I'm sad that Telltale got shut down, but I'm happy with the immenent shutdown of this company. To be fair, both companies deserve shut down due to mismanagement of the funds and resources. Furthermore, given how this game was developed - with each update creating more bugs than fixes - this company deserves to be bankrupt more than any other. It's surreal to think that early builts of this game were way superior to the product they have now - but that's the reality.

That's because Yager was in charge of development then. SixFoot and Greybox stopped having them involved and look where the game is now. I'm sure people behind the scenes know this even if they are too proud to admit it.

Oct. 20, 2018, 10:27 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 20, 2018, 10:30 a.m.

Yeah, agreed... I still wish they just closed for good and sold all of it to a decent studio. The base game is good and kind of unique too; I'd like to see it fixed and improved upon, but it's getting more and more clear that this company won't do it.

In the past, during discussions of balance they've proven on these very forums multiple times, that they either don't fully understand their own games' meta, or just don't care about it anymore. Other times they refused balancing/fixing stuff, because they themselves and a few old and extremely overfed players that they befriended exploited that feature, and they wanted to hold on to it for their own benefit.

Yesterday they were livestreaming too, to popularize the game, and... well the part I saw was quite sad. Here if you forward towards the middle of the video where the blonde guy (Penguin) is playing... he plays their own game like a recruit at best, making all kinds of mistakes and continuously crying for healers to save him from his own inability. At the same time he just keeps repeating that the game is free and that there are many cool things in the Market. To "show it off" he even made the ugliest Nav I EVER saw (it's around 2h19m)...

Seriously, is that really how you should portray the game? He keeps saying it's fun, but the way he does it, does not look fun at all. If Six Foot is happy with having such a guy leading the marketing+streams of the game, then I imagine the other guys in leading positions are just as "qualified". No wonder the game got where it is now...

If the original Dreadnought really was designed a lot more by Yager than it was by Six Foot, then I wish Yager would take it all over and resume their old ways of doing it all right. I really want to see this game in better hands.

Ofc you can say that I'm too harsh towards these guys and they don't deserve it, some of them very probably does not, but those probably aren't the ones calling the shots. I honestly don't trust in them delivering on their promises anymore, the Steam version was where that should have happened, and it didn't.

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

Oct. 20, 2018, 11:55 a.m.

the only times i thought we were being listened to and with streams worth watching was when Thor was working for them. i cant remember what happened to him it was a while ago, maybe 2 resets ago.

Oct. 20, 2018, 12:02 p.m.

He left to join the Avengers afaik.

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

Oct. 20, 2018, 2:33 p.m.

The steam launch has fixed some issues and frankly it added a few. The main problem besides the UI is the balance issue in vetren that has been there for a while. Teir 3 ships vs Teir 4 ships has if anything gotten worse with the healing nerfs. What I can not understand is why this balance issue made it into the steam launch. I am not talking about a huge buff to Teir 3 ships health and some base damage might help though.

Oct. 20, 2018, 5:37 p.m.

I agree with maximmm and Tyrel.

And I add that they have always ignored all the advice, there have been users who have spent time to illustrate their ideas that would have changed the game for the better, but have been completely ignored. They have pursued their strange and lucrative ideas, in other words they have digged the grave for themselves.

And the undersigned is one of the small lenders, I think I gave at least 100€.

Forged in Apulia.

Closed