FORUMS

Major changes to Six Foot structure.

Posted: //
Oct. 19, 2018, 7:11 a.m.

I'm making this topic ONLY In here because I'm not sure where it belongs, I don't think it belongs, at least for now, on the Steam forum.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/10/18/layoffs-at-dreadnought-developer-six-foot

First things first; my regards to those who are affected. Thank You for Your blood and sweat that You poured into making this game.

TLDR: Dear Captain, If it won't be too much to ask, leave a balanced and fair review of the game on Steam, especially for the things that matter the most IMHO - gameplay.

Storytime: Just Today, I've reached lvl 50, got all my ships to unlock to T4 and even some of them "tricked out". I haven't reached any T5 because I tried to play all sort of classes with varied success. I was playing Dreadnought since closed Alpha in 2015, I think I went through 2 account wipes and that's why it took me so much time to "get here" (how many times can you rush to get to Vindicta). Anyway, I stopped playing when Evolve came out. I loved that game; spent over 1000 hours in it. Unfortunately, the game had a bad reputation because of, in my opinion, misunderstood DLC practices. When it went F2P, it gained a new life, people came, even liked it but eventually, they dwindled off. I think it happened because of a steep learning curve and balancing 4v1 for new and old-time players wasn't easy also that DLC stigma never went away, some just didn't want to give it a 2nd chance. Now the game is dead. 2k killed it because it wasn't profitable. Even the servers are now closed. What I'm getting at though is that for a Free to Play game to exist, there needs to be playerbase that wants to support it. Dreadnought is in this phase right now. It needs players to stick around. But as we speak, there are many issues that are plaguing its Steam release. Complains varies from UI, matchmaking, login in errors to server crashes, but what I don't see is balancing concerns. That often that is. Unfortunately, It all adds up to a so-so "mixed" state of revies on Steam. What We can do, as players who I assume care enough to be here on this forum, is to do our part and help the game to overcome its issues by not spreading negativity. Providing constructive criticism and sometimes, just sometimes a positive feedback. You know, so they know that it "works". And before anybody jumps my throat and says, "I'm not lying for them!" yeah, I'm not asking for it. All I'm asking is to cheer up a little and be more helpful. And before somebody with a stick stuck says "how much am I getting paid to do this", You have it all wrong. I've got over 880 days of Elite Status and over 16k GP left and that was before I've read the article, I'm a selfish First.Letter.Of.The.Alphabet -hole. I just want to be able to use it all. Game is fun. Let's not kill it, shall we?

Desktop: i7 4770k, Titan X, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 64bit
Laptop: i7 5700HQ, 980m, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 64bit

Oct. 19, 2018, 8:21 a.m.

As soon as PS4 is actually up and running, I can give comments on the changes...

The fact is people gave good feedback, they stayed positive, they were patient when Greybox asked and didn't push when told "plenty of changes are coming that we can't talk about." What did players get in return for those? Well, they're not happy about it and Greybox is now facing not only trying to get over a terrible launch but winning back a number of the community because it's hard for them to be cheerful at this point.

I'll keep playing (whenever PS4 actually gets back...) but the way things sound, I won't be playing long because the game won't around to play.

Oct. 19, 2018, 6:39 p.m.

Finally, they are shutting down. It's about time. Once again, I hope this will serve as a good reminder to other studios - get your stuff together.

Oct. 19, 2018, 7:05 p.m.

Not shutting down at all. But you've never been one to read things.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Oct. 19, 2018, 8:26 p.m.

they got a hotfix out today. atleast shows they are still moving forward. personally i want the motorcycle sound removed please lol

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Oct. 21, 2018, 3:42 a.m.

Sorry to hear that some people are having to be laid off. I really enjoy the game, the steam launch has brought alot of new players, alot of LEGENDARY matches. Its been fun. I spent more money this weekend on Dreadnought than i ever before. Thank you and keep up the good work

Dreadnought : Great Game just growing pains

Oct. 21, 2018, 3:43 a.m.

Everyone go spend some $$$ and support the game. Buy something! Suppor the game!

Dreadnought : Great Game just growing pains

Oct. 21, 2018, 9:23 a.m.

Spellfax#2830 posted (#post-226797) said:

Everyone go spend some $$$ and support the game. Buy something! Suppor the game!

With the rather grim sounding article about layoffs and the state of Six Foot, ita hard to justify spending anything on the game

Oct. 21, 2018, 7:24 p.m.

SkyRaider#3584 posted (#post-226810) said:

With the rather grim sounding article about layoffs and the state of Six Foot, ita hard to justify spending anything on the game

I do not understand

Oct. 21, 2018, 11:05 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 21, 2018, 11:06 p.m.

comandermatt#1979 posted (#post-226822) said:

SkyRaider#3584 posted (#post-226810) said:

I do not understand

Why spend money on a game if the outlook is bleak and the company my shut down, and the game with it? You'll spend money on a game you wont be able to play.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.