FORUMS

No, no and no with sounds, once again.

Posted: //
Oct. 19, 2018, 8:52 p.m.

Not again with sound effects. After steam version you ruine the sound, then I get used to it at least for good since I liked the fire power of the Destroyer blasters. During my entire day at job I was waiting to return back home to play, I was inspired thanks to the great sound of firepower I do against enemies. Now with this version you have reduce the sound of the blast to a little poor freacking beam, not fair. Just think of this, you can call the attention to new players if you have good effects. I want to feel the beat, bass and great blast during a fight, that what's keep my mind occupied to continue playing this game. Goshhhhh, sometime I feel there's only one guy behind this decisions before releasing the version to public, anyway, it is what it is and there are only this much we can ask or you to give us.

Oct. 21, 2018, 4:41 a.m.

I get the distinct impression that some of the sound effects either aren’t working correctly or play at the wrong time.

For example, on the Fleet Orbit / Ship Selection screen hovering above the planet on my client there’s a loud and unusual sound playing off-centre (usually to the right) which sounds like water or fire… difficult to describe exactly what the sound is, Bacon cooking?

Another problematic sound effect I’ve consistently noticed is a sound like bullets or munition flying past you whilst in game, at which point I’ve been furiously looking around to see who’s shooting at me only to find there’s nothing… I tested this issue further yesterday in a corvette by going far away from any enemy or friendly players and was still experiencing the same issue.

The sounds generally seem quite muffled, which for a space game I guess kind-of works…. If we were actually in space… but most of the time we are hovering above a planets surface so presumably there is atmosphere though which sound waves could travel?

I guess this kind of goes back to the question of why do destroyed ships float downward in space? Ultimately I think the all sound effects and their triggers could use another few Dev passes.

"Those who play with the devil's toys will be brought by degrees to wield his sword." - R. Buckminster Fuller

Oct. 21, 2018, 5:46 a.m.

Agreed. The one sound that caught my ear as way better is the new JA Destroyer. Sounds like Space Battleship PWNAGE.

Everything else that changed is a step backwards. AC's are worse. with the possible exception of the Oberon one...the new sound is a bit more fitting...but it needs more POWER to be worthy. TC's are worse. the attack beam sounds weak...the old one had BITE. Akula Destroyer sounds worse. I can't even remember what it sounds like now. too unmemorable. Did they do anything to the Oberon Destroyer? Let me know, can't quite remember if it changed.

I've mentioned this before in another Thread I made, and the devs liked my critique; saying that they could possibly change it in the future...that was a few months before steam launch though...

Sound Mixing improved with the latest hot fixing. I haven't noticed a problem yet with the near miss incoming fire sounds...so can't comment.

Oct. 21, 2018, 7:33 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 21, 2018, 8:05 a.m.

Ok, which joker made the Dover-Machias-Valcour line sound like a Harley Davidson lawnmower?

To me, it sounds like the ambient environment is too loud and it has too much reverb; it smothers the other sounds and makes them hard to position.

Bacon cooking, lol.

heal2kill

Oct. 21, 2018, 8 a.m.

in my ase the new sound mix behaves a little better than the previous but i havent really played on all the ships.

Another problematic sound effect I’ve consistently noticed is a sound like bullets or munition flying past you whilst in game, at which point I’ve been furiously looking around to see who’s shooting at me only to find there’s nothing… I tested this issue further yesterday in a corvette by going far away from any enemy or friendly players and was still experiencing the same issue

exactly!, that leaves on the wind thing still happens randomly

but at least the constant jet engine seems to be gone. the draggin and laggin is still there for me

Oct. 21, 2018, 9:58 a.m.

I miss a big BOOM when destroying an enemy Ship. Not satisfying at all. The entire broken sound system is just disappointing over all, sorry Devs and Audio dudes.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

Oct. 22, 2018, 6:45 a.m.

Jupiter Arms Arty cruisers sound wimpy now. I loved the old sound effect from their shots! They just neutered the thing of its audible badassery!

Don't get started on the Jutland's guns...The new sound effects are like someone just took a stick or something and beated a plastic 5 gallon drum lid!

Ugh! Jupiter Arms Destroyers guns sound cool, but everything else in the game now sounds wimpy in comparison to its older version sounds!!

Bring back old sounds!

Oct. 23, 2018, 1:17 p.m.

Were there any legal reasons why they changed the sounds? I mean some ships just sound like a tractor engine, and nuclear strike is... I have no idea who came up with this soviet submarine beeper sound...

Oct. 24, 2018, 4:05 a.m.

I don't think there was a legal reason. This seems to be a perfect example of change for change's sake.

My best guess is that the devs wanted to make the offical release of the game noticable not only through a new loading screen but also through more prominent changes such as the new music and sound effects.

When they showcased little glimpses of the new sound effects I was actually hyped because I like the new sound of the Aion's attack beam. Little did I know that for every good one they introduced at least two very bad ones (looking at you, nuke alert).

All hands: battle stations! This is not a drill.

[SAD] - Search And Destroy!

https://sad-clan.pro

Bild

Nov. 9, 2018, 3:57 a.m.

Please. Return old sounds to the game. This is terrible.I been turn off this game after first battle.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.