FORUMS

No, no and no with sounds, once again.

Posted: //
Nov. 9, 2018, 9:57 a.m.

The Vindicta's main guns have gone from awesome, bassy, hot lead death, to weird, unsatisfying, rattly peashooter. I don't understand the thought process that would lead to that change.

Nov. 9, 2018, 5:26 p.m.

Do you ever just sit in the hanger listening to the sounds while waiting for a match to be found... I swear I can hear some one trying to blow in to a saxophone. I try to imaging some where in the hanger is a small bar with half drunk piolts waiting for their ships to be worked on...

Nov. 10, 2018, 12:46 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 10, 2018, 12:49 p.m.

Tomiket#7978 posted (#post-233720) said:

Please. Return old sounds to the game. This is terrible.I been turn off this game after first battle.

I have the feeling sounds of the JA Art Cruisers are kina muffled too. I'm not 100% sure, it might be me switching headphones for speakers... but I actually remember very well the awesome, melodic sound Grenada used to make. When I've heard it first, one my first tier 3 ships turning into a fireball shortly after, I totally fell in love. I decided I must fly this thing - and, after a long grind, I did!

Sounds are super important - maybe even more then the terrible new UI. Please, devs, stop fixing things that work well.

"Plentitude, when too plentitudinous, was worst than destitution, for—obviously—what could one do, if there was nothing one could not?" - Stanisław Lem, The Cyberiad: Fables for the Cybernetic Age (1967), translation by Michael Kandel (1974)

Nov. 21, 2018, 5:23 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 21, 2018, 5:24 p.m.

I haven't played in a long while but recently started again. There are a hundred improvements!! But, I agree. The sound design has taken a nose dive. It used to be PHENOMINAL. Now It's just okay

March 15, 2019, 11:31 a.m.

I been with this game since beta the old sounds were awesome!!! when game hit steam i thought new sounds were a bug or something, I hope they change the sounds soon..... (*gets in judtland and fires guns...........i dont hear anything big like i used to )

March 19, 2019, 6:10 p.m.

Yes, the sounds since Steam launch have been a huge joke and whoever developed them should have been fired a long time ago.

March 20, 2019, 4:48 a.m.

Lando Calrissian#2323 posted (#post-279155) said:

Yes, the sounds since Steam launch have been a huge joke and whoever developed them should have been fired a long time ago.

He probably was right after Steam launch. That's the only plausible explanation as to why the sound is still buggy or why these changes never got reverted despite all the complaints of the community.

All hands: battle stations! This is not a drill.

[SAD] - Search And Destroy!

[https://sadclan.de]

Bild

March 20, 2019, 8:49 a.m.

SAD-Reclaimer#0656 posted (#post-279157) said:

Lando Calrissian#2323 posted (#post-279155) said:

He probably was right after Steam launch. That's the only plausible explanation as to why the sound is still buggy or why these changes never got reverted despite all the complaints of the community.

More likely they don't want to admit a mistake after investing time and money into it. Same thing with changing manufacturer emblems. They seem to want to try and fix things that aren't broken instead of adding content or fixing actual issues.

March 26, 2019, 4:37 a.m.

Updated //
March 26, 2019, 4:38 a.m.

Tomiket#7978 posted (#post-233720) said:

Please. Return old sounds to the game. This is terrible.I been turn off this game after first battle.

I agree. They totally ruined the sound.

The single worst sound change was, in my opinion, the removal of engine sounds. You want to hear the ship engine respond when you shift course. The game feeling was cut in half with this change. Shame on you devs!

March 26, 2019, 4:46 a.m.

Updated //
March 26, 2019, 4:47 a.m.

Kyle_Katarn#2918 posted (#post-279143) said:

I been with this game since beta the old sounds were awesome!!! when game hit steam i thought new sounds were a bug or something, I hope they change the sounds soon..... (*gets in judtland and fires guns...........i dont hear anything big like i used to )

It was the same for me. At first I thought the sound must have been bugged or something. I just couldn't believe that anyone would make those horrible sound changes on purpose.

The only thinkable explanation that I can come up with regarding this sound debacle is that the devs analyse the sound effects in combination with the game music. And maybe then it makes some sense (even though I doubt it). Personally I play without music, and then it's impossible to come to any other conclusion than that the new sound effects are awful in comparison to the old.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.