FORUMS

combine tier 4 and tier 5 before it's too late

Posted: //
Oct. 19, 2018, 11:51 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 20, 2018, 12:49 a.m.

we must not lose the new players committed to their progress, therefore, I have the feeling that they will get to their first tier 5 and launch themselves into legendary hopefuls and see that they do not start a game in less than 2 minutes and have to wait sometimes up to 15 minutes they will feel frustrated.

my idea is to pair tier 4 and 5, but only match tier 4 players with ten modules investigated, so they will not be deadweight in the game, it is more, as I had seen someone say once there, gives an extra reward to these players for the effort.

legendary is still a cult game in which you have to be searching, and continuously with the same players, you have to give life in some way.

Oct. 20, 2018, 3:33 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 20, 2018, 5:31 a.m.

I'm unsure I understand you as I thought Legendary does pair up Tier 4 and 5 ships? I understand your approach to address an issue that has been around for a while now and 'looks' to possibly be staying with the current state of the game, but I have another possible solution:

Just lesson the grind when players hit tiers 3/4/5.

Let's face it, there will always be a skill gap between those new to the game and those who have the experience. That is further exacerbated with the long grind that makes you feel not only do you have that inexperience, but you will also continue to be at a disadvantage because of the long extended grind with the ships. A double whammy!

We can't change the experience side (or indeed that some will just be more skilled than others). But we can offer them the feeling that they are still getting somewhere in a reasonable time frame.

Yes, it will mean those who have played the game for a longer time will be relinquishing their ship advantage sooner - but EVERY player would still have their experience and skill to count on.

To retain players and populate all tiers, isn't this worth it to save the game? It does seem so many have commented on the tier imbalance, the grind and the consequent 'lack of progress' feeling (and being at a disadvantage for too long). O7

Oct. 20, 2018, 10:35 a.m.

WaveRider#4219 posted (#post-226755) said:

I'm unsure I understand you as I thought Legendary does pair up Tier 4 and 5 ships? I understand your approach to address an issue that has been around for a while now and 'looks' to possibly be staying with the current state of the game, but I have another possible solution:

Just lesson the grind when players hit tiers 3/4/5.

Let's face it, there will always be a skill gap between those new to the game and those who have the experience. That is further exacerbated with the long grind that makes you feel not only do you have that inexperience, but you will also continue to be at a disadvantage because of the long extended grind with the ships. A double whammy!

We can't change the experience side (or indeed that some will just be more skilled than others). But we can offer them the feeling that they are still getting somewhere in a reasonable time frame.

Yes, it will mean those who have played the game for a longer time will be relinquishing their ship advantage sooner - but EVERY player would still have their experience and skill to count on.

To retain players and populate all tiers, isn't this worth it to save the game? It does seem so many have commented on the tier imbalance, the grind and the consequent 'lack of progress' feeling (and being at a disadvantage for too long). O7

I mean that legendary can be an unlockable option for a player Tier 4 with 10 investigated modules, plus, with a balanced matchmaking system that allows you to add legendary players and veterans of the same amount, whatever it is, you have to fix this soon.

one by one they will become legendary, but not all will coincide to start a game, this is a problem, it would also be good some kind of accountant, showing us how many players exist with active tier 5 and thus, making the match more likely

Oct. 20, 2018, 11:39 a.m.

Legendary Fleets can and could always have Tier 4 ships, what are you talking about?

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

Oct. 20, 2018, 11:56 a.m.

Tyrel#8199 posted (#post-226771) said:

Legendary Fleets can and could always have Tier 4 ships, what are you talking about?

He is talking about force mixing well equipped T4s with T5s.

Recruit Engineer

Oct. 21, 2018, 3:45 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 21, 2018, 3:49 a.m.

There have been alot of tier 4 in Legendary Tonight (10/20/18)

The current influx of players, quickly reaching Tier 4, will allow alot of Legendary Matches that are mostly tier 4. Enjoy the EXP boost.

Dreadnought : Great Game just growing pains

Oct. 21, 2018, 5:53 p.m.

A T3 protection is a requirement for the new players base. Many players see a lots of lvl 50 players with a T4 full rekt the all team easly and many players leave the game before the start.

The MM need to be improve for given a good experience to the new players.

So Yes a Player with all modules and commanders tactics don't go on a match with lots of T3 stock or news players. The lvl of experience is huge (And the division of lvl 50 It's worst)

Oct. 22, 2018, 7:30 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 22, 2018, 11:14 a.m.

It was the same for me when I was a tier III. I liked seeing exactly how much gaming experience and ship abilities improve how powerful ships can be. All this safe place rubbish is embarrassing

Oct. 22, 2018, 11:59 a.m.

'Safe place' lol

Love the way wanting an even playing field so it is a persons experience and skill that is tested is apparently wanting a safe place.

If you want to give something a name then think of one for those who like the advantage of playing in better ships and having the choice of OBs.

'Trappygits' actually suits lol.

Oct. 22, 2018, 1 p.m.

Let's not get personal shall we.

I have to agree. Need to add something to the MM to help new players when they move to Veteran. Had 2-3 matches today that felt like proving grounds.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.