FORUMS

Market Prices

Posted: //
Oct. 22, 2018, 11:30 p.m.

Heya. So I know this is a touchy subject in general, but it is something I wanted to discuss.

I like htis game, I would like to support it. I'm happy to shell out a bit of money here and there to support free to play games.

But the prices for the T4 ships are unreasonable. I have had friends and allies say there cant afford to buy these things at all due to the price.

Being in New Zealand, the t4 ships are not only unviable in combat compared to their free variants, but they are an entire weeks wroth oof food money for me.

Dropping 36 dollars just for a shipkit is gartuitous. Of course, this is just opnion, and one I share with many.

I wanna spend money on this game, I really do, but those t4 ships are just too much. Too much for a shipkit.

Oct. 23, 2018, 1:01 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 23, 2018, 2:18 a.m.

Agree. You are basically paying for the opportunity to have your tech tree ships of the same manufacturer look like the hero ship.

And the privalege (in most cases) to take a sub optimal 'Hero' ship into battle so those who have played the game for a while can whoop you in their OB optimum built tech tree ship is, well, not going to make you feel very positive about your purchase.

Hero or Zero ships? I really think the 'Hero' ships typify this game in regards to some of the decisions made. Literally if you could swap out modules, change camo and choose the OBs you wanted (as long as you had researched or already bought them), then I would honestly have bought many of them!

Instead I have to really deliberate if I like the look of a ship and if 'a look' is really worth it. I would never pay to take a sub optimal ship against others.

Oct. 23, 2018, 2:41 a.m.

I agree, the T4's are still a bit on the high side when T2 are 1K, T3 are 1.5K I don't under stand why a T4 is 3K.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Oct. 23, 2018, 3:22 a.m.

SupernovaSymphony#1211 posted (#post-226854) said:

Heya. So I know this is a touchy subject in general, but it is something I wanted to discuss.

I like htis game, I would like to support it. I'm happy to shell out a bit of money here and there to support free to play games.

But the prices for the T4 ships are unreasonable. I have had friends and allies say there cant afford to buy these things at all due to the price.

Being in New Zealand, the t4 ships are not only unviable in combat compared to their free variants, but they are an entire weeks wroth oof food money for me.

Dropping 36 dollars just for a shipkit is gartuitous. Of course, this is just opnion, and one I share with many.

I wanna spend money on this game, I really do, but those t4 ships are just too much. Too much for a shipkit.

As the sixfoot company has ran into financial issues they had to lay off a third of their development team

https://www.pcgamer.com/dreadnought-developer-lays-off-third-of-workforce-days-after-games-release/

Maybe they will have to drop the prices so people start actually buying things at the market.

They have said multiple times that as long as they dont have financial issiues the prices wont be changed.

Oct. 23, 2018, 5:08 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 23, 2018, 5:09 a.m.

Actually the prices are much lower now than during Beta. Back then a T4 hero ship was 4.000 GP compared to 3.000 GP now.

But credit where credit is due. The prices of coatings, emblems, decals and clothing have become much more reasonable and actually affordable at that.

So yeah, the hero ships are still way too expensive and offer a very bad cost-benefit ratio but for all the other cosmetics the price tags are sound. Buying these and alter the look of your ship that way will go a long way.

All hands: battle stations! This is not a drill.

[SAD] - Search And Destroy!

[https://sadclan.de]

Bild

Oct. 23, 2018, 5:15 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 23, 2018, 5:21 a.m.

How much are the new ship body parts in the new update (I've forgotten what they've called them)? Are they ridiculously priced too?

edit: retrofits. Is that what they were called?

Oct. 23, 2018, 5:30 a.m.

Nashwan#3703 posted (#post-226863) said:

How much are the new ship body parts in the new update (I've forgotten what they've called them)? Are they ridiculously priced too?

edit: retrofits. Is that what they were called?

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Oct. 23, 2018, 5:34 a.m.

Ah ok, thanks. So they're quite expensive but not absurd then.

Oct. 23, 2018, 5:51 a.m.

SAD-Reclaimer#0656 posted (#post-226861) said:

Actually the prices are much lower now than during Beta. Back then a T4 hero ship was 4.000 GP compared to 3.000 GP now.

But credit where credit is due. The prices of coatings, emblems, decals and clothing have become much more reasonable and actually affordable at that.

So yeah, the hero ships are still way too expensive and offer a very bad cost-benefit ratio but for all the other cosmetics the price tags are sound. Buying these and alter the look of your ship that way will go a long way.

Ah yeah, I actually have no issues with most of the cosmetics prices. Its mostly just the t4 heroships. They arent competitive to their free counter parts, so Its likely that anyone getting them is going to just use the ship kit.

Id be happy to drop 10-15 on this, or even 20 at most (A stretch) for a bit of cosmetic chane on my ship.

Its just frustrating how high the prices seem to be

Oct. 23, 2018, 8:06 a.m.

I still think prices are high for cosmetics. $15 should be getting anywhere from 3-5 skins, not 1. I doubt there are very little impulse buys too due to cost.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.