FORUMS

Matchmaking broken

Posted: //
Oct. 26, 2018, 10:57 a.m.

Ok, i'm kinda baffeled by this. i'm a newbee. playing for about a week, with 7hrs playtime and with 4 tier3 ships unlocked has to fight against Grimmhammer on the opposite side who is said to be one of the best with hundereds of hours playtime. is the matchmaking broken? does it not take into account mmr or even playtime? this needs to be fixed

Oct. 26, 2018, 3:23 p.m.

Who was on your side? You might have just been unlucky to be pulled into a match with higher level players.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Oct. 27, 2018, 5:41 a.m.

Buckshot#1575 posted (#post-227054) said:

Ok, i'm kinda baffeled by this. i'm a newbee. playing for about a week, with 7hrs playtime and with 4 tier3 ships unlocked has to fight against Grimmhammer on the opposite side who is said to be one of the best with hundereds of hours playtime. is the matchmaking broken? does it not take into account mmr or even playtime? this needs to be fixed

The problem with matchmakers is they can only work with the player pool they have access to. This means that games with small populations tend to get plagued with accusations of "broken matchmakers" when the truth is waiting the 20 minutes it would take to build 'better' teams often draws more complaints than the unbalanced teams it's forced to create if it builds teams faster.

The only way to "fix" this situation is for a game to get a lot more popular so the matchmaker has a bigger pool to work with, it's not just a matter of changing the matchmaker code itself.

Oct. 27, 2018, 3:46 p.m.

well, had another game where i get matched againt a experianced team while i was solo. i can't do this anymore, not worth it. i'm not a fan of getting stomped every match by unfair odds great game but horrible matchmaking i'm quitting for good

Oct. 27, 2018, 7:31 p.m.

what you could do is give yourself a minute before jumping back into que so you stop getting pinned against the same exact group. you can also see in the pregame lobby by tabbing to see if you should leave and reque though it will cost you 1500cp to get the battle bonus back. got almost a mil of cp so i can spare a few when i get matched against 5+ 50s and im the only one on my team(sorry im not one to be completely stomped in).

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Oct. 28, 2018, 7:31 a.m.

The match maker puts teams against teams, or tries too. The problem is, from my unerstanding, it will take any 2 teams regardless of size and put them against each other.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Oct. 28, 2018, 5:18 p.m.

Buckshot#1575 posted (#post-227086) said:

well, had another game where i get matched againt a experianced team while i was solo. i can't do this anymore, not worth it. i'm not a fan of getting stomped every match by unfair odds great game but horrible matchmaking i'm quitting for good

Completely understandable. Best of luck in whichever game you find yourself in.

Nov. 2, 2018, 1:28 a.m.

I have also thought that the matchmaking system has a problem. And that is that, even if it looks at the fleets concerned, with the wide range of veteran matches, there is practically no way a balanced match will result if players still have a free choice whitin their fleet. Players sometimes want to play lower tier ships for XP etc. So the system decides two fleets are evenly matched and one side plays tier 2 and 3, and the other side plays only t4. Such games are decided before you can react to the situation by changing to better ships. So maybe the sytem could do a narrower match by assigning tiers to players and blocking out ships that don't match? If the XP still bleed over, I wouldn't mind entering a vet match where the system tells me that I have to choose a T4 ship, if it leads to a balanced match. That said, the greatest imbalance results not from the matching system, but from highly experienced and coordinated squads. And you can't win against those if you are on your own.

Nov. 3, 2018, 12:49 p.m.

Iron Muppet#3462 posted (#post-227071) said:

The problem with matchmakers is they can only work with the player pool they have access to. This means that games with small populations tend to get plagued with accusations of "broken matchmakers" when the truth is waiting the 20 minutes it would take to build 'better' teams often draws more complaints than the unbalanced teams it's forced to create if it builds teams faster.

The only way to "fix" this situation is for a game to get a lot more popular so the matchmaker has a bigger pool to work with, it's not just a matter of changing the matchmaker code itself.

Yep - had similar issues (and complaints) with Armored Warfare. Though they have just recently brought a Global server online, merging the previously separate NA, EU and RU servers. Wonder if that could be an option for this game?

Any more o' that nonsense and I'll keelhaul the lot o' ye, ye scurvy bilge rats!

Nov. 3, 2018, 3:39 p.m.

Im sorry you were on the other side of the fight, I would be willing to team up with you and help you grind some ships/modules maybe even help with some builds, advice, tips, etc.

feel free to add me in game LYB-GrimmHammer

twitch.tv/grimmhammer102608 :: @GrimmHammer (Twitter) :: https://discord.gg/QrG7QjM (my twitch discord, features guides,builds, and reviews) :: https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UC5Xu027Jplatgg3Xv_S15JA :: Mentor Night Coordinator

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.