FORUMS

Thanks for the PVE portion....

Posted: //
Nov. 1, 2018, 11:17 a.m.

I gotta say kuddos to the Art department, the capital ships and their designs have kept me interested in this game enough so to keep an ear to the ground in case a Horde mode appeared..and it did..I'm looking forward to trying it out..but a couple of things I'd like to share as some concerns...

1. Does the player keep anything they unlocked in Havok mode? This might not be a good idea with the current ship rosters since PVP players have to battle each other to ecru points to open them up and it would be unfair to them if a segment of the player base could unlock them with Ai bots...

2. ...On the other hand PVE players will eventually feel like they are just spinning their wheels and move on, since PVP will not intice them to participate...If PVE is a market you're interested in exploring..you might want to consider a PVE only line of ships that PVP players can still unlock...but something PVE players can attain and keep in their inventories with tech trees meant for any PVE modes current or yet to come...

3. Please don't discount creating PVE modes for this game as time moves on..there are many on the fence PVE players who would play PVP if some of the modes were divergent from your straight up death match...Bungie struck something with the side by side play and the invasion of a opposing player depending on the team scoring points against the Ai...they can be a good source of revenue to help bolster the game down the road with the sales of cosmetics to twitch streams, youtubers, and word of mouth...especially if you have a story or campaign to get out...

4. You very much remind me of Warframe in the beginning with changing Ui and limited scope on story and word of mouth..only I'm not sensing a social media presence and player developer interactions beyond the forums, twitter and occasional announcements...Nothing to worry about...but once again, the art designs are good...and you're very much sitting on a power fantasy aspect that PVE players would gravitate to...but like with most games you get into the issue with both communities of PVP and PVE making misery for each other... I wish I had an answer for that...other than I hope you guy make a PVE only Dreadnought I can download, so I can leave the PVP players alone with my care bear antics...LOL

Anyways..looking forward to Havok and trying the game out once the server issues are complete on the ps4....Might give big team battle a try...dying in a massive crowd of players is less embarrassing for some reason...

Posted: //
Nov. 3, 2018, 1:09 p.m.

1. No, you start from scratch each Havoc match. Or do you mean for the regular matches? That not either.

2. PvE in these games is always nice, but Havoc has been part of the PS4 version for a long time. The focus should be in PvP and I think it is as well. The motivation for PS4 players (almost all I know of) to play Havoc was the Cry Havoc achievement a player gets for surviving wave 10. I'm not sure what the equivalent of the PC version is.

3. More PvE modes would mean that there are less players on the PvP front. More modes in general would spread out the player base which is not something that should be aimed towards at the moment.

4. Online games rarely give that option afaik.

Have fun with the mode though. If your goal is to get achievement you'll probably need it.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.