FORUMS

Corvettes continue to be OP, such a disappointment.

Posted: //
Nov. 2, 2018, 8:19 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 2, 2018, 8:25 p.m.

So Played some last night and was enjoying the game, today all the matches I find are now once again over run with Corvettes... guess what ?? yep just as OP as ever killing any ship in just seconds and you cant really score any meaning full hits on them. Even when they fly close to me and I will hit them with a stasis effect then hit them with broad side and repeater gun fire and ... well torpedos dont even get to launch yet becuase they just bursted away and didnt even take 70% damage.

Corverret fan boys will say everything is just fine no doubt... Ill post about tanking artillery ships later

Other than that I do appreciate the effort by the developers in what they have done so far.

I wont mention the other game I found a few days ago but its a similar type game and I believe some how they mixed PC players and PS4 players, can that be done here I wonder?

Nov. 2, 2018, 8:51 p.m.

I don't often play corvette, so I face them in other ships a lot. They are not OP. Awareness is key, a drain will normally mean the end for them, but as with all things, a good corvette player will beat you if they are better with there ship, and have a build that beats yours.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Nov. 2, 2018, 9:29 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 2, 2018, 9:30 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-227274) said:

I don't often play corvette, so I face them in other ships a lot. They are not OP. Awareness is key, a drain will normally mean the end for them, but as with all things, a good corvette player will beat you if they are better with there ship, and have a build that beats yours.

Honestly Belial, I think youre just exceptionally good at countering them. Youve not only figured the game out but have the skills to implement the counters. I think mpst players dont have this. Ive learned to counter them in ways but I have to agree with the OP, theyre just too powerful up close and theyre hard to hit at range. I think that there are so manu complaints about them says something.

Nov. 3, 2018, 4:24 a.m.

Corvettes are supposed to be deadly at close range. That is the whole point to them. There are some really good corvette pilots out there, and they are just better at the game than we are. Someone being better is not an indication of something being OP.

When I play a dreadnought some times it will require 3-4 ships to take me out. Is that OP or me knowing a ship set up that fits how I play, and knowing how to use it? The people that i take out in when they are with a friend might think so. The disruptor and ram can on the other hand generally eats me alive if I don't get healed.

There have also been threads on the steam forum asking why are corvettes so bad. These players can't seem to use them and die all the time.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Nov. 3, 2018, 10:19 a.m.

Nobody is saying the opposite about Corvettes being supposed to excel at Close Range as well as nobody is saying the Opposite that Dreadnought are supposed to be Bulky and able to stand fire from multiple enemies with a correct Setup made for that.

(And let's be serious, Dreadnoughts are able to withstand enormous amount of damage because the Healing mechanics are ... specials?... in this game.)

OP isn't only talking about the Bursting Capacities from Corvettes but multiples factors including Hitbox, burst, counter mechanics ectect.

Nov. 3, 2018, 10:47 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-227278) said:

When I play a dreadnought some times it will require 3-4 ships to take me out. Is that OP or me knowing a ship set up that fits how I play, and knowing how to use it? The people that i take out in when they are with a friend might think so. The disruptor and ram can on the other hand generally eats me alive if I don't get healed.

If it takes 3-4 players to take you out then yes, that is basically the definition of OP. You shouldnt need more than one player to take another out, thats balance.

Nov. 3, 2018, 1:32 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 3, 2018, 1:36 p.m.

I know how to counter Corvettes and it tends to be my main focus because so many are just defaulting to corvettes again in just 48 hours. Just one of the main problems with corvettes is if I can snag one with a mod and destroy him he simply spawns back in to the game and can cover the distance and unload on me killing me in seconds before my mods even recover from killing him just a moments ago. Speed and maneuverability in this game is the most powerfull weapon and nothing can match it right now. You can have counters but they are so limited and situational Corvettes are left with a huge advantage that makes the game unfun for most who have to play against them and why this game continues to suffer from low population (2 – 3 AI’s per team before this last wonderful patch).

Corvettes really hurt this games player base from the start and will continue to do so. The developers have a second chance here but if they don’t do something about corvettes soon then this game will continue to suffer from low population. I have flown in them and I feel dirty with what I have gotten away with, I don’t like how it ruins the game for so many others so I wont fly them. I cant tell you how many messages I got in the past accusing me of cheating because they cant hit me and I only have like 7 hours playing corvettes I think.

I convinced a hand full of friend’s to come back to the game and see the new changes and with the teams having 8 players on each side they all seemed excited about it other said perhaps they might check it out… it only took a few matches with corvette players to ruin it for them and by the third match it was comment after comment in chat about BS Corvettes and they all left with no intent to come back... and I am left with out a team again.

Brother Belial you and I have gone round and round about this in the past and but like it or not I believe you are in the minority on this ship class balance in the game and the majority of players have left the game and that’s why this game needed 2 to 3 AI players per team before this last great patch. If the developers what a financially successful game they need to appeal to the majority. My self and others will buy all the neat little mods and ship colors because people will want to support the game IF they are playing and enjoying it. But I wont spend anything if I don’t feel I will stick around because of something like Corvettes and others wont either. I can hang around and check in from time to time to see if things are more fun for me but I sure wont spend any money during this time.

I’m not trying to start an argument with you Belial and I genuinely think you want and try to help others and I believe you’re a good person for that so I hope you don’t read in my words any hostility.

I should also note I am focusing on Tear 3 and 4 ships, Corverres from the first and sencond are just fine. you can get kills and get killed but by the time you get the last two ships they are way out of control, its most likly the mods making it like this.

Nov. 3, 2018, 3:06 p.m.

SkyRaider#3584 posted (#post-227281) said:

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-227278) said:

If it takes 3-4 players to take you out then yes, that is basically the definition of OP. You shouldnt need more than one player to take another out, thats balance.

No that's me being better with my ship and set up than them. But like I said a disruptor and ram generally kills me. If you want to just DPS me down, then your in for a bad day. That's balance.

Nov. 3, 2018, 3:55 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 3, 2018, 3:59 p.m.

saying you need two specific modules, which players may not have loaded out or even own, in order win is a perfect example of imbalance.

Nov. 3, 2018, 5:10 p.m.

Here's why in my opinion corvettes appears to be OP.

A good corvette player will be an opportunist killer. A lone corvette regardless of its module selection stand few chances against a fully loaded dreadnought and this is why they rarely go against such ships. A good corvette pilot will take the time to choose his targets, going against solitary artillery cruiser that are often shooting and zooming and thus unable to see what's coming on their sides or behind. Same goes against a tactical cruiser or destroyer that has its energy depleted, another juicy target for a fully loaded corvette and easy to reach thanks to their speed.

Most other ships must take time to get close to their opponent and when you see your enemy coming onto you, have the time to shoot back, even if you die, the encounter seems fair. But corvettes can rely on their speed to cover the distance and by choosing weak target such fights appear unfair.

The problem comes when you think that's its more just to die after a long fight at equals arms rather than lose because the opponent was at the good place at the good moment when you where weak. How many time have you done that yourself, shooting at a weakened opponent, killing him and thinking that's what he deserved?

description

Click here to see my Tutorial videos for beginners and Twitch page

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.