FORUMS

Corvettes continue to be OP, such a disappointment.

Posted: //
Nov. 4, 2018, 9:11 a.m.

Insidious_Wheat#1950 posted (#post-227303) said:

Daganisoraan#4391 posted (#post-227292) said:

Here's why in my opinion corvettes appears to be OP.

A good corvette player will be an opportunist killer. A lone corvette regardless of its module selection stand few chances against a fully loaded dreadnought and this is why they rarely go against such ships. A good corvette pilot will take the time to choose his targets, going against solitary artillery cruiser that are often shooting and zooming and thus unable to see what's coming on their sides or behind. Same goes against a tactical cruiser or destroyer that has its energy depleted, another juicy target for a fully loaded corvette and easy to reach thanks to their speed.

Most other ships must take time to get close to their opponent and when you see your enemy coming onto you, have the time to shoot back, even if you die, the encounter seems fair. But corvettes can rely on their speed to cover the distance and by choosing weak target such fights appear unfair.

The problem comes when you think that's its more just to die after a long fight at equals arms rather than lose because the opponent was at the good place at the good moment when you where weak. How many time have you done that yourself, shooting at a weakened opponent, killing him and thinking that's what he deserved?

With every other ship I would agree with this statment. In my last match two players were flying the Valcour (#1 abused corvette) one was able to chain scrable me 4 times in a row, essentially I was blind until he killed me. another flying the Valcour simply flys right up next to my dreadnought not even trying to dodge, He couldnt make it anymore easy and I unloaded everything on him, I have to use armor core then rely on shield when that wore and and his shields never dropped below 35%... he never dodged just sat there and killed me... I watched as these two who I recognize from the past were killing everything in 5 seconds or less. These were ships that were at 100% armor and shields... now unless YOU WANT to say they must have been cheating and offer up some evidance of a hack, these ships are WAY past OP and to be clear I am talking about the Valcour and Nevis... 3/4ths in to the match my team had lost over half the team from quiting out over frustration of these two ships.

Side note, I have seen these two players fly others ships and they never do as well as they can with the Valcour and Nevis. But hey you all keep defending it this game will just simply die for good this time. I checked on steam and right now it only has a 48% approval, just wait until steam is over run with Valcours and Nevis ships.

Pretty much this. When youre a dread or destroyer and unload everything into a vette and theyre still running, thats unbalanced. How are the smallest and least armored ships able to take more damage than even a dread? Unbalanced. How can a ship fly straight at an enemy with no worry of being destroyed? Unbalanced.

But hey, git gud, its all on the player...

Nov. 4, 2018, 9:38 a.m.

SkyRaider#3584 posted (#post-227310) said:

Insidious_Wheat#1950 posted (#post-227303) said:

Daganisoraan#4391 posted (#post-227292) said:

Here's why in my opinion corvettes appears to be OP.

A good corvette player will be an opportunist killer. A lone corvette regardless of its module selection stand few chances against a fully loaded dreadnought and this is why they rarely go against such ships. A good corvette pilot will take the time to choose his targets, going against solitary artillery cruiser that are often shooting and zooming and thus unable to see what's coming on their sides or behind. Same goes against a tactical cruiser or destroyer that has its energy depleted, another juicy target for a fully loaded corvette and easy to reach thanks to their speed.

Most other ships must take time to get close to their opponent and when you see your enemy coming onto you, have the time to shoot back, even if you die, the encounter seems fair. But corvettes can rely on their speed to cover the distance and by choosing weak target such fights appear unfair.

The problem comes when you think that's its more just to die after a long fight at equals arms rather than lose because the opponent was at the good place at the good moment when you where weak. How many time have you done that yourself, shooting at a weakened opponent, killing him and thinking that's what he deserved?

With every other ship I would agree with this statment. In my last match two players were flying the Valcour (#1 abused corvette) one was able to chain scrable me 4 times in a row, essentially I was blind until he killed me. another flying the Valcour simply flys right up next to my dreadnought not even trying to dodge, He couldnt make it anymore easy and I unloaded everything on him, I have to use armor core then rely on shield when that wore and and his shields never dropped below 35%... he never dodged just sat there and killed me... I watched as these two who I recognize from the past were killing everything in 5 seconds or less. These were ships that were at 100% armor and shields... now unless YOU WANT to say they must have been cheating and offer up some evidance of a hack, these ships are WAY past OP and to be clear I am talking about the Valcour and Nevis... 3/4ths in to the match my team had lost over half the team from quiting out over frustration of these two ships.

Side note, I have seen these two players fly others ships and they never do as well as they can with the Valcour and Nevis. But hey you all keep defending it this game will just simply die for good this time. I checked on steam and right now it only has a 48% approval, just wait until steam is over run with Valcours and Nevis ships.

Pretty much this. When youre a dread or destroyer and unload everything into a vette and theyre still running, thats unbalanced. How are the smallest and least armored ships able to take more damage than even a dread? Unbalanced. How can a ship fly straight at an enemy with no worry of being destroyed? Unbalanced.

But hey, git gud, its all on the player...

Well as stated, I can take Corvettes out with my Arty reasonably quickly and I am not a good player, so I can't agree they are OP from what I have seen. I cannot do the same with a Dreadnought that flies at me and uses warp to close the gap quicker - therefore in your words does that make the Dreadnought OP?

I'm guessing you would say no. I'm hoping you are saying no, due to the fact that I shoudn't expect to take everything out easily because I have the biggest gun in game. Just like I would say just because I am the biggest ship in game should it be easier to kill everyone else. Otherwise why have different ships? We would all end up playing Dreadnoughts only and then complain about how one manufacturer is more OP than another lol.

As you say (albeit, I think, with a little sarcasm) this is a team game and to win everyone has to focus on something if it becomes a problem in order to win; whether a big ship or small ship. O7

Nov. 4, 2018, 11:22 a.m.

WaveRider#4219 posted (#post-227306) said:

Insidious_Wheat#1950 posted (#post-227286) said:

I know how to counter Corvettes and it tends to be my main focus because so many are just defaulting to corvettes again in just 48 hours. Just one of the main problems with corvettes is if I can snag one with a mod and destroy him he simply spawns back in to the game and can cover the distance and unload on me killing me in seconds before my mods even recover from killing him just a moments ago. Speed and maneuverability in this game is the most powerfull weapon and nothing can match it right now. You can have counters but they are so limited and situational Corvettes are left with a huge advantage that makes the game unfun for most who have to play against them and why this game continues to suffer from low population (2 – 3 AI’s per team before this last wonderful patch).

Corvettes really hurt this games player base from the start and will continue to do so. The developers have a second chance here but if they don’t do something about corvettes soon then this game will continue to suffer from low population. I have flown in them and I feel dirty with what I have gotten away with, I don’t like how it ruins the game for so many others so I wont fly them. I cant tell you how many messages I got in the past accusing me of cheating because they cant hit me and I only have like 7 hours playing corvettes I think.

I convinced a hand full of friend’s to come back to the game and see the new changes and with the teams having 8 players on each side they all seemed excited about it other said perhaps they might check it out… it only took a few matches with corvette players to ruin it for them and by the third match it was comment after comment in chat about BS Corvettes and they all left with no intent to come back... and I am left with out a team again.

Brother Belial you and I have gone round and round about this in the past and but like it or not I believe you are in the minority on this ship class balance in the game and the majority of players have left the game and that’s why this game needed 2 to 3 AI players per team before this last great patch. If the developers what a financially successful game they need to appeal to the majority. My self and others will buy all the neat little mods and ship colors because people will want to support the game IF they are playing and enjoying it. But I wont spend anything if I don’t feel I will stick around because of something like Corvettes and others wont either. I can hang around and check in from time to time to see if things are more fun for me but I sure wont spend any money during this time.

I’m not trying to start an argument with you Belial and I genuinely think you want and try to help others and I believe you’re a good person for that so I hope you don’t read in my words any hostility.

I should also note I am focusing on Tear 3 and 4 ships, Corverres from the first and sencond are just fine. you can get kills and get killed but by the time you get the last two ships they are way out of control, its most likly the mods making it like this.

Insidious O7

There is much of what you say that I agree with (I see your reasoning). Your point about the ability for a ship to get across the battlefield and back into the fight before some modules are back up is interesting.

But, I am very much into the issue of balance in game and do worry that some people automatically think 'Big must win' and to have a small ship beat a big ship is unacceptable. Now I am not saying this is you, but a general acceptance of this type of thought process is something I've seen many times.

For me the following comes to mind (and welcome any input):

1. If the Corvette is killed but can then get back into the fight quickly, isn't the fact he was killed first, the real point - he lost that fight? Also as soon as the corvette comes back to kill the Dreadnought that killed him, doesn't the Dreadnought then come back with everything? This 'back and forth' is what conflict is all about and if it is happening like this I would say that seems reasonably balanced(?)
  2. The second point I would make is that we tend to look at a 1 vs 1 scenario, when this is not the game. Whilst the corvette has respawned and is making his way back to the Dreadnought, that Dreadnought could be getting healed, so may not be a viable target to tangle with again? OR the Dreadnought could have continued to be focused by the rest of the team and is ripe for picking off.

Because of the different available builds, the different team compositions and just the different things that can happen in a battle, I feel the balance isn't too bad.

If there is one issue I do have then it is where you can have Divs with 2 healers. Healers 'played well' and backing each other up are extremely difficult to deal with and in certain circumstances seem nigh on unbeatable in the right team construct....BUT: Is it fair for me to argue a situation is OP if a Div is merely working well together? Isn't that what the game is about?

It is a great game and balance is naturally difficult to achieve because of all the different factors involved (as stated above) - this is why I argue against such a grind system and the difference between tiers for ships that are matched against each other (imagine a group of low tiered individuals facing a Div of higher tiered players!). For me it is this element that will see the death of the game as people will not stick around (it's already been proven).

I just hope the game survives through the place it finds itself atm. O7

Everyone wants balance, I have no issues getting killed and I dont want anyone class of ship to dominate anything.

I don’t believe in skilled players in this game as Brother Belial would have you believe, its more a time played thing where you have mods unlocked and other don’t and also you have so much time played that you have been able to unlock other mods to see how they function. Imagine the person who unlocks a mod finally and finds out its not useful for him…. Now he has to continue on like this. First legendary ship I unlocked I was stuck with all the old mods and simply had to make due and the grind only gets worse the higher up you go. so when you finally unlock a mod at last its … what one do I unlock first because its going to be awhile before I can unlock another.

Anyway on to your points

1. If the Corvette is killed but can then get back into the fight quickly, isn't the fact he was killed first, the real point - he lost that fight? Also as soon as the corvette comes back to kill the Dreadnought that killed him, doesn't the Dreadnought then come back with everything? This 'back and forth' is what conflict is all about and if it is happening like this I would say that seems reasonably balanced(?)

First lets be clear I am talking about Valcour and Nevis corvettes the last two tier’s. second even though my examples involved the dreadnought the issues are not limited to the dreadnought but lets stick with your examples in point one. When the dreadnought kills the Valcour and the valcour can spawn back in then cover the distance and kill the dreadnought before his mods reset you say that’s ok. But the Valcour next kills the dreadnought and yes he comes back with all his mods…. But… can he cover the distance and kill the Valcour before all its mods reset?? Nope no other ship can do this. This allows two ships with some of the best killing power in the game to just keep throwing them selves at people if they don’t play with any sense of self preservation but most find out they don’t have to die but if they do in these two ships you can always get back to the guy who killed you and for the most part will be defenseless against you now.

1. The second point I would make is that we tend to look at a 1 vs 1 scenario, when this is not the game. Whilst the corvette has respawned and is making his way back to the Dreadnought, that Dreadnought could be getting healed, so may not be a viable target to tangle with again? OR the Dreadnought could have continued to be focused by the rest of the team and is ripe for picking off.

I would disagree this game is not a 1 vs 1 scenario, many many times I find my self in a one on one fight with a ship, this is normal. Perhaps I was killed and have to spawn back in and before I can get back to my group there is a Valcour or Nevis or one of the faster destroyer classes there between me and them, or as most of the peopel I have played with have left becuase of these two ships I am now almost always stuck in random groups and its a 50\50 if the group sticks togeather. But the fact that 4+ ships have to stick togeather just to survive against just one of these ships or some one is going to die is another example of how OPthey are.

In the Valcour or Nevis there is no ship, NONE you cant kill or think oh I better not mess with that guy with out back up. I have watched time and again people who fly these ships with the right mods full out tank the ships meant to be the tanks. Read the descriptions on the web sites the Valcour and Nevis are meant to be hit and run on light armored targets that is not the dreadnought. The Dover and the Machias the first two tier ships of this class has to operate in this manor and in my opinion the Machias even though it can be handled and I wont call it OP you start to clearly see in this ship it don’t take much for it to be out of balance but at least those two need to be the opportunity hitters.

I flew a Fulgora in circles around a Voronezh and all I had to do to keep from getting hit was keep energy to engines and destroyed him so fast I was shocked my self, he was at 100% health, 100% shields and was even able to use the armor lockdown but once those expired he was dead.

As I continue to think on this I think the best solution is the mod timers need to be increased on these two ships if they are to fill the roll of wait and hit at the right time. But as the game plays right now I don’t see them acting with the group I see them always going off and doing their own thing and getting kills and they are attacking any ship. I love how on most maps the command ship goes down in the first 30 seconds or less… it’s the Valcour or Nevis. Also now that its on the PC it wont be long before aim bots are used and then perhaps killing these ships at range wont be such a problem, dreadnought has such a low population on PS4 its not an issue here… yet

Nov. 4, 2018, 11:23 a.m.

I can take out vettes, however just because you can doesnt mean a balance issue doesnt exist.

No, dreads arent OP by any means. With the warp it closes the gap quick but it also means giving up another module. And Ive had dreads warp in on me and taken them out with destroyers. But its also easy to land strikes on a dread, not so much with a vette, especially at range. A good vette player will be moving in all directions, a dread cant do that.

Nov. 4, 2018, 11:47 a.m.

Insidious_Wheat#1950 posted (#post-227318) said:

I know how to counter Corvettes and it tends to be my main focus because so many are just defaulting to corvettes again in just 48 hours. Just one of the main problems with corvettes is if I can snag one with a mod and destroy him he simply spawns back in to the game and can cover the distance and unload on me killing me in seconds before my mods even recover from killing him just a moments ago. Speed and maneuverability in this game is the most powerfull weapon and nothing can match it right now. You can have counters but they are so limited and situational Corvettes are left with a huge advantage that makes the game unfun for most who have to play against them and why this game continues to suffer from low population (2 – 3 AI’s per team before this last wonderful patch).

Corvettes really hurt this games player base from the start and will continue to do so. The developers have a second chance here but if they don’t do something about corvettes soon then this game will continue to suffer from low population. I have flown in them and I feel dirty with what I have gotten away with, I don’t like how it ruins the game for so many others so I wont fly them. I cant tell you how many messages I got in the past accusing me of cheating because they cant hit me and I only have like 7 hours playing corvettes I think.

I convinced a hand full of friend’s to come back to the game and see the new changes and with the teams having 8 players on each side they all seemed excited about it other said perhaps they might check it out… it only took a few matches with corvette players to ruin it for them and by the third match it was comment after comment in chat about BS Corvettes and they all left with no intent to come back... and I am left with out a team again.

Brother Belial you and I have gone round and round about this in the past and but like it or not I believe you are in the minority on this ship class balance in the game and the majority of players have left the game and that’s why this game needed 2 to 3 AI players per team before this last great patch. If the developers what a financially successful game they need to appeal to the majority. My self and others will buy all the neat little mods and ship colors because people will want to support the game IF they are playing and enjoying it. But I wont spend anything if I don’t feel I will stick around because of something like Corvettes and others wont either. I can hang around and check in from time to time to see if things are more fun for me but I sure wont spend any money during this time.

I’m not trying to start an argument with you Belial and I genuinely think you want and try to help others and I believe you’re a good person for that so I hope you don’t read in my words any hostility.

I should also note I am focusing on Tear 3 and 4 ships, Corverres from the first and sencond are just fine. you can get kills and get killed but by the time you get the last two ships they are way out of control, its most likly the mods making it like this.

Insidious O7

There is much of what you say that I agree with (I see your reasoning). Your point about the ability for a ship to get across the battlefield and back into the fight before some modules are back up is interesting.

But, I am very much into the issue of balance in game and do worry that some people automatically think 'Big must win' and to have a small ship beat a big ship is unacceptable. Now I am not saying this is you, but a general acceptance of this type of thought process is something I've seen many times.

2. The second point I would make is that we tend to look at a 1 vs 1 scenario, when this is not the game. Whilst the corvette has respawned and is making his way back to the Dreadnought, that Dreadnought could be getting healed, so may not be a viable target to tangle with again? OR the Dreadnought could have continued to be focused by the rest of the team and is ripe for picking off.

Because of the different available builds, the different team compositions and just the different things that can happen in a battle, I feel the balance isn't too bad.

If there is one issue I do have then it is where you can have Divs with 2 healers. Healers 'played well' and backing each other up are extremely difficult to deal with and in certain circumstances seem nigh on unbeatable in the right team construct....BUT: Is it fair for me to argue a situation is OP if a Div is merely working well together? Isn't that what the game is about?

It is a great game and balance is naturally difficult to achieve because of all the different factors involved (as stated above) - this is why I argue against such a grind system and the difference between tiers for ships that are matched against each other (imagine a group of low tiered individuals facing a Div of higher tiered players!). For me it is this element that will see the death of the game as people will not stick around (it's already been proven).

Everyone wants balance, I have no issues getting killed and I dont want anyone class of ship to dominate anything.

I don’t believe in skilled players in this game as Brother Belial would have you believe, its more a time played thing where you have mods unlocked and other don’t and also you have so much time played that you have been able to unlock other mods to see how they function. Imagine the person who unlocks a mod finally and finds out its not useful for him…. Now he has to continue on like this. First legendary ship I unlocked I was stuck with all the old mods and simply had to make due and the grind only gets worse the higher up you go. so when you finally unlock a mod at last its … what one do I unlock first because its going to be awhile before I can unlock another.

Anyway on to your points

First lets be clear I am talking about Valcour and Nevis corvettes the last two tier’s. second even though my examples involved the dreadnought the issues are not limited to the dreadnought but lets stick with your examples in point one. When the dreadnought kills the Valcour and the valcour can spawn back in then cover the distance and kill the dreadnought before his mods reset you say that’s ok. But the Valcour next kills the dreadnought and yes he comes back with all his mods…. But… can he cover the distance and kill the Valcour before all its mods reset?? Nope no other ship can do this. This allows two ships with some of the best killing power in the game to just keep throwing them selves at people if they don’t play with any sense of self preservation but most find out they don’t have to die but if they do in these two ships you can always get back to the guy who killed you and for the most part will be defenseless against you now.

1. The second point I would make is that we tend to look at a 1 vs 1 scenario, when this is not the game. Whilst the corvette has respawned and is making his way back to the Dreadnought, that Dreadnought could be getting healed, so may not be a viable target to tangle with again? OR the Dreadnought could have continued to be focused by the rest of the team and is ripe for picking off.

I would disagree this game is not a 1 vs 1 scenario, many many times I find my self in a one on one fight with a ship, this is normal. Perhaps I was killed and have to spawn back in and before I can get back to my group there is a Valcour or Nevis or one of the faster destroyer classes there between me and them, or as most of the peopel I have played with have left becuase of these two ships I am now almost always stuck in random groups and its a 50\50 if the group sticks togeather. But the fact that 4+ ships have to stick togeather just to survive against just one of these ships or some one is going to die is another example of how OPthey are.

In the Valcour or Nevis there is no ship, NONE you cant kill or think oh I better not mess with that guy with out back up. I have watched time and again people who fly these ships with the right mods full out tank the ships meant to be the tanks. Read the descriptions on the web sites the Valcour and Nevis are meant to be hit and run on light armored targets that is not the dreadnought. The Dover and the Machias the first two tier ships of this class has to operate in this manor and in my opinion the Machias even though it can be handled and I wont call it OP you start to clearly see in this ship it don’t take much for it to be out of balance but at least those two need to be the opportunity hitters.

I flew a Fulgora in circles around a Voronezh and all I had to do to keep from getting hit was keep energy to engines and destroyed him so fast I was shocked my self, he was at 100% health, 100% shields and was even able to use the armor lockdown but once those expired he was dead.

As I continue to think on this I think the best solution is the mod timers need to be increased on these two ships if they are to fill the roll of wait and hit at the right time. But as the game plays right now I don’t see them acting with the group I see them always going off and doing their own thing and getting kills and they are attacking any ship. I love how on most maps the command ship goes down in the first 30 seconds or less… it’s the Valcour or Nevis. Also now that its on the PC it wont be long before aim bots are used and then perhaps killing these ships at range wont be such a problem, dreadnought has such a low population on PS4 its not an issue here… yet

Thanks for your reply O7

For the scenario with the Corvette and Dreadnought I was stating that in one of your examples you indicate that the Dreadnought killed the Corvette and then the Corvette comes back and gets the Dreadnought before the Dreadnoughts mods can reset. To put it another way, it sounds as if, even though you defeated the Corvette first, you believe this should happen all the time and your mods should reset quick enough so you can do this. How is this fair?

This is not a 1vs1 game and if you find yourself the lone sheep seperated from the flock then that is your fault. I know, that's how the Corvettes get me! lol. But going back to the example above if you are in a weakened state from your first encounter or are not able to get the mods up in time, why not drop back into the pack and get some magic healing? Depend on the team.

Again, I stress that when I talk about balance or people who are not prepared to modify their gameplay to the situation - I do not point the finger at you; I know you are giving examples of your experiences and they are no less valid than mine. In fact, I'm happy to say I can't play Corvettes, I often fall foul of Corvettes, and if I do it is invariably because I have done something wrong to put me in that position - that is me (not you).

I have not played Legendary because I refuse to play against those that have such an unfair advantage in regards to ships and OBs; having just got my first couple of Tier IV ships I think I will probably leave the game before I do (as the grind is just too F'ing boring to me). So I cannot comment on specific ships, but only on my experience.

I do appreciate your comments and POV though. O7

Nov. 4, 2018, 12:01 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 4, 2018, 12:03 p.m.

SkyRaider#3584 posted (#post-227319) said:

I can take out vettes, however just because you can doesnt mean a balance issue doesnt exist.

No, dreads arent OP by any means. With the warp it closes the gap quick but it also means giving up another module. And Ive had dreads warp in on me and taken them out with destroyers. But its also easy to land strikes on a dread, not so much with a vette, especially at range. A good vette player will be moving in all directions, a dread cant do that.

Hi SkyRaider O7

So far you state you can take out Corvettes and in another example on the thread Insidious talks about what happens 'after' the Corvette is killed. It certainly doesn't sound as if Corvettes are OP in both examples, because in both examples the Corvette dies.

The arguement regarding OP seems to be the fact that when it comes back it may be able to kill you(?) If this is the case, why shouldn't it?

And we are talking about 'may be able to kill you', as if you have been playing with your team and had a close call, surely you will retreat back into your fleet. If he has to come in and still kills you, is he likely to escape with your other team members firing at him? So he has died twice to your once.

Yes it is annoying when a zippy little ship pulls the shorts over your head when you are in a big bad Dreadnought, but lets not make Dreadnought play soo forgiving it becomes easy mode. Team play should be the thing that wins when you are playing in your team against the enemy team.

Again, these are my thoughts and none of the negative aspects I talk about are meant to indicate you do them. O7

Nov. 4, 2018, 2:15 p.m.

WaveRider#4219 posted (#post-227323) said:

Hi SkyRaider O7

So far you state you can take out Corvettes and in another example on the thread Insidious talks about what happens 'after' the Corvette is killed. It certainly doesn't sound as if Corvettes are OP in both examples, because in both examples the Corvette dies.

The arguement regarding OP seems to be the fact that when it comes back it may be able to kill you(?) If this is the case, why shouldn't it?

And we are talking about 'may be able to kill you', as if you have been playing with your team and had a close call, surely you will retreat back into your fleet. If he has to come in and still kills you, is he likely to escape with your other team members firing at him? So he has died twice to your once.

Yes it is annoying when a zippy little ship pulls the shorts over your head when you are in a big bad Dreadnought, but lets not make Dreadnought play soo forgiving it becomes easy mode. Team play should be the thing that wins when you are playing in your team against the enemy team.

Again, these are my thoughts and none of the negative aspects I talk about are meant to indicate you do them. O7

No offense taken. I think theyre OP due to a mix of factors. Given their insane dps up close, paired with modules that can prevent you from fighting back or prevent them from being hurt is what does it. Also their speed and maneuvering and smaller hit box make them difficult to engage at range. Good pilots can easily avoid hits.  Its ridiculous when Ive been in an arty, had a vette fly right at me not trying to maneuver and hitting him dead center andndoing no damage....

Again, Im not saying nerf them, I just think some adjusments are necessary to bring them into balance. The balance is supposer to be speed and maneuvering, adding in certain mods makes them better tanks than a dread. Thats pretty odd considering dreadnoughts are supposed to fill that role.

I think Insidious' point isnt so much they can come back and kill you, but rather that theyre able to gey back into combat far quicker than other ships, and their mods are reloaded while yours are still in cooldown.

Nov. 4, 2018, 2:31 p.m.

SkyRaider#3584 posted (#post-227325) said:

WaveRider#4219 posted (#post-227323) said:

Hi SkyRaider O7

No offense taken. I think theyre OP due to a mix of factors. Given their insane dps up close, paired with modules that can prevent you from fighting back or prevent them from being hurt is what does it. Also their speed and maneuvering and smaller hit box make them difficult to engage at range. Good pilots can easily avoid hits.  Its ridiculous when Ive been in an arty, had a vette fly right at me not trying to maneuver and hitting him dead center andndoing no damage....

Again, Im not saying nerf them, I just think some adjusments are necessary to bring them into balance. The balance is supposer to be speed and maneuvering, adding in certain mods makes them better tanks than a dread. Thats pretty odd considering dreadnoughts are supposed to fill that role.

I think Insidious' point isnt so much they can come back and kill you, but rather that theyre able to gey back into combat far quicker than other ships, and their mods are reloaded while yours are still in cooldown.

Appreciate the understanding.

As stated previously, if we are talking about specific Corvettes I may not even have experience in facing them yet, so am very much talking about my own experience. Even balance is subject to an individuals point of view, but I have heard others discuss the strengths of Corvettes so can imagine there is something there. I am sure you, Insidious and others have experienced something, but if it is something at the higher tiers I cannot relate to that experience.

I guess the only thing I can hope for is that the Devs monitor stats and continue to address balance issues. Only problem is since joining the game the 2 biggest things I have seen regarding people leaving the game is the grind and the tier differences....and they have done nothing to address that.

Nov. 4, 2018, 2:43 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 4, 2018, 2:47 p.m.

Yep. Civil discussions are quite easy for me, but that may just be me getting old

It was an AK vette, dont know if it was T4 or T5. But as someone mentioned, I have had been hit back to back with scrambler mines and could do nothing and was killed. The higher tiers are more problematic duento the more powerful mods they have available.

The grind is unfortunate, but it wont change. Its free to play and they have to make their money and as per the devs themselves, the money is made on elite status and currency conversion and not the market. Its one reason i keep repeating myself to lower costs in the market. Right now the bundles are above the impulse buy level, not to mention I think people are worried about investing in a game that may go down in flames.

Nov. 4, 2018, 2:55 p.m.

WaveRider#4219 posted (#post-227320) said:

Insidious_Wheat#1950 posted (#post-227318) said:

Insidious O7

Anyway on to your points

Thanks for your reply O7

For the scenario with the Corvette and Dreadnought I was stating that in one of your examples you indicate that the Dreadnought killed the Corvette and then the Corvette comes back and gets the Dreadnought before the Dreadnoughts mods can reset. To put it another way, it sounds as if, even though you defeated the Corvette first, you believe this should happen all the time and your mods should reset quick enough so you can do this. How is this fair?

This is not a 1vs1 game and if you find yourself the lone sheep seperated from the flock then that is your fault. I know, that's how the Corvettes get me! lol. But going back to the example above if you are in a weakened state from your first encounter or are not able to get the mods up in time, why not drop back into the pack and get some magic healing? Depend on the team.

Again, I stress that when I talk about balance or people who are not prepared to modify their gameplay to the situation - I do not point the finger at you; I know you are giving examples of your experiences and they are no less valid than mine. In fact, I'm happy to say I can't play Corvettes, I often fall foul of Corvettes, and if I do it is invariably because I have done something wrong to put me in that position - that is me (not you).

I have not played Legendary because I refuse to play against those that have such an unfair advantage in regards to ships and OBs; having just got my first couple of Tier IV ships I think I will probably leave the game before I do (as the grind is just too F'ing boring to me). So I cannot comment on specific ships, but only on my experience.

I do appreciate your comments and POV though. O7

I should be better about not putting in a specific example becuase then that gets focused on rather than the real issue. what I do maintain and so many others I have talked with in the game is the Valcour\Nevis followed by the Fulgora\Medusa are not in sync with the rest of the game. The other Corvettes are fine and I have no real issue with their style of game\combat play so I shouldnt say Corvettes and should have tittled its about Valcour\Nevis and Fulgora\Medusa (Honestly I stomach the Fulgora\Medusa). Best battles I have been in had no Valcour\Nevis or Fulgora\medusa ships.

Do you play PC or PS4? do they have this on Xbox?

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.