FORUMS

Collecting Data on Progression 2.0 matches. Join in!

Posted: //
Nov. 3, 2016, 12:21 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 4, 2016, 10:01 a.m.

Hello to those captains actually reading this! You may be wondering just what data myself and a few friends are collecting and how we are using it, and hopefully as well how you can help us. We are recording various aspects of our matches, but the most important are the Match Time and the Total Credits we earned. With this we can calculate the average amount of time in-game it would take to reach a certain credit amount. The problem is, for accurate data, we need a large sample size. That is where you can help! Take a look at this form to see what all we are collecting. This is the same form you can use to also submit data to us. Simply fill the form out after a match (This will require some alt-tabbing) and hit the big blue "submit" button once you're done. You can submit as many forms as you want, so I encourage you to fill one out after every match!

Some may be wondering what the difference between "Base Credits" and "Total Credits" is, as well as how to get the match time and how to get all the information needed into the forum in the 60 seconds you have on the end screen. That's fine, because if you didn't then this paragraph would be pointless, and this paragraph wouldn't like that. Since the game does not give us a match time at the end, you will need to keep track of the time remaining in the bottom right of the screen during the match. Matches have a 20 minute timer, so if the match ends at 12:00 remaining, then your match lasted 8 minutes. (Note: when putting match time in, please convert it to Seconds). Once you get to the end screen, immediately look at the credits you earned. This value will be your "Base Credits." "Total Credits" is the amount of credits you earned after all bonuses are added. Your score can be seen at the scoreboard, and the other fields should not be hard to fill out.

Now, what are we actually doing with the data that's recorded? To see that, you can go here to see the spreadsheet which is being created with all of the data. Thank you to all who participate, and any feedback on the forum or the spreadsheet is much appreciated!

-Derp

Nov. 3, 2016, 7:47 p.m.

This is a great idea, everyone please consider contributing to the effort!

Discord Moderator "Once you reach level 49 your title should be Anax Below the Belt, obviously" ---Lord Griffin CH- Sometimes at the beggining of a match I forget I still don't have my RAM's back TheBorg- Yeah I can imagine you giving orders to your crew "Engage RAMMING SPEED!" "We don't have any RAM's sir!" "I don't care, do it anyway!"

Nov. 4, 2016, 8:07 a.m.

I will contribute in order to further the effort to dreadnought's recovery. I hate to see games diagnosed with cancer.

Nov. 4, 2016, 6:58 p.m.

MorallyGray#0031 posted (#post-52845)

I will contribute in order to further the effort to dreadnought's recovery. I hate to see games diagnosed with cancer.

We will see how much the prices get reduced by on Tuesday smile

Nov. 4, 2016, 7:15 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 4, 2016, 7:17 p.m.

only late stage. could be over quick smile

MrDerpington#2970 posted (#post-53020)

We will see how much the prices get reduced by on Tuesday smile

Prices are only a small part of the problem =/ there is a massive imbalance between tiers. Don't want to play with T2 on my team if im T3 nor do i want T4 on my team. Just want to go vs only my Tier. Really that is the only way we can see if ships of the same tier are even balanced... we have no idea yet because all we currently see is the T4 seal clubbing IN EVERY GAME. The devs on stream almost lost to 1 T4 WHEN THEIR TEAM HAD 1 MORE PERSON. You can see it in Thors face how annoying it was to be smashed when going all out only to see the healthpool of that ship rise.

Professional players make a living. Semi-pro's get paid enough to try again.

Nov. 4, 2016, 10:09 p.m.

This is awesome, thanks for the effort guys <3

Sean McIntosh
Dreadnought Community Manager

Nov. 5, 2016, 10:34 a.m.

Pantong#7792 posted [(#post-53026)]

How was the matchmaking after the patch for you Pantong?I encountered less tier 4 ships on veteran.

"The First Of His Name"

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.