FORUMS

Suggestion RE: Tiers and power curve. (TTK)

Posted: //
Nov. 3, 2016, 10:59 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 3, 2016, 11 p.m.

I know I've harped and been vocal on other things..

Regardless of how you handle the p2win T4 in T1-2 battles, this suggestion still has merit.

So, the background on this is.. PRE Progression 2.0, (and ignoring the ABW/BP Corvettes) I felt you had the TTK just about right.

I LOVE long TTK games.. and a game about dreadnoughts and ship to ship combat should have LONG ttks, with slow movement to compensate.

So why doesn't tier 1 START where you had the game perfectly? Why are we starting with small health pools and quick deaths due to the ratio between dmg and effective HP being soo much smaller at T1 (lack of shield energy and hp, and weapons not nearly as nerfed as maybe they need to be?)

Personally if the game started T1 where 1.2? (pre progression 2.0) left off, and then increased effective HP / damage, reduced speed slightly etc etc as tiers increased, I think it would feel a bit more 'dreadnoughty' and less 'gunboaty'.
edit; this also goes into my feelings on healing and regeneration - eg, that hp should be MUCH higher, but regeneration and healing should be much lower than it currently (or even pre progression 2.0) was.... but take it as you will.

Nov. 4, 2016, 6:37 a.m.

8v8 is a terrible mistake. Doing the same terrible things to gameplay here that it did to MWO when it upped player count.

Nov. 4, 2016, 4:41 p.m.

Vercinaigh#6790 posted (#post-52839)

8v8 is a terrible mistake. Doing the same terrible things to gameplay here that it did to MWO when it upped player count.

-p-

I honestly like the 8v8 aspect. It allows for less turtley CENSORED... you aren't screwed if you have 1 healer and the other team has 2... etc etc.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.