FORUMS

Interceptors don't feel immersive

Posted: //
Nov. 8, 2018, 1:19 a.m.

When flying a huge dreadnought I don't understand why we'd only shoot out 2 individual fighters at a time and then just drop 5000x2 damage...why not just use rockets?

What I was thinking is that fighters could be used as a DOT mechanic (bare with me). Dreadnoughts would send 4 interceptor squads (4 each) individually with -.75 second intervals as an arming time that would fly towards the target. They would fly out wide and flank away from the main fire.

The squads would then slowly approach the enemy target one by one dealing DPS the longer they aren't dealt with. Scaling the DPS from 400/600/800/1000dps over the course of 15 seconds (with 1000dps after 3 seconds of no retaliation to fighters). After the fighters have dropped their load, they return for reloading. For each individual squad successfully returned the cool down is decreased.

Intecetpors can instantly be removed from using flak turrets, tesla canons, precision beams, blast pulse, and anything with a large hit scan. Which is pretty easy to counter - but should you out live the attack, you can aim for interceptors returning back to punish the dreadnought.

This type of gameply would allow dreadnought users to sacrafice close quarters broadsides, by summoning offensive units to ease preasure on team mates by directing enemies to put power to shields or take focus off team mates/the dreadnought tanking.

Just a thought!

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."

Nov. 9, 2018, 5:18 p.m.

DRAKONASisREAL#6814 posted (#post-232974) said:

When flying a huge dreadnought I don't understand why we'd only shoot out 2 individual fighters at a time and then just drop 5000x2 damage...why not just use rockets?

What I was thinking is that fighters could be used as a DOT mechanic (bare with me). Dreadnoughts would send 4 interceptor squads (4 each) individually with -.75 second intervals as an arming time that would fly towards the target. They would fly out wide and flank away from the main fire.

The squads would then slowly approach the enemy target one by one dealing DPS the longer they aren't dealt with. Scaling the DPS from 400/600/800/1000dps over the course of 15 seconds (with 1000dps after 3 seconds of no retaliation to fighters). After the fighters have dropped their load, they return for reloading. For each individual squad successfully returned the cool down is decreased.

Intecetpors can instantly be removed from using flak turrets, tesla canons, precision beams, blast pulse, and anything with a large hit scan. Which is pretty easy to counter - but should you out live the attack, you can aim for interceptors returning back to punish the dreadnought.

This type of gameply would allow dreadnought users to sacrafice close quarters broadsides, by summoning offensive units to ease preasure on team mates by directing enemies to put power to shields or take focus off team mates/the dreadnought tanking.

Just a thought!

I like it, but I would want them to be fast and nimble enough to be an honest threat against the faster moving corvettes.

Nov. 18, 2018, 11:13 a.m.

I think fighters, interceptors, and bombers need an overhaul.

Fighters are usually sad and minor annoyances. ( I still usethem because I like the idea of being a carrier) they are also pretty dumb when it comes to target selection.I would rather they choose targets based on size instead of their current selection (I'm not actually sure how they pick targets)

Anyways, their range is 3k(2k?). I would rather they choose targets either Corvette > Arty > Tac > Dessie > Dread or based on lowest health

interceptors can do a good amount of damage, i've seen them used effectively against arty who are just hiding out being a nuissance but overall they are easily countered due to their slow movement speed, abysmall HP, and their flight path from dread to target being a straight line keeping them in the FoV of the target. As you said, I would rather have them pull flanking maneuvers and then try to return to the dread which would lower cooldown.

Bombers though, I have legitimately never seen anyone use bombers (I think i might pick them up to see why) I assume its because of their lowish damage, huge cooldown, and I assume they share the same hp and flight patterns as the interceptors. and if they follow the same deployment style of the mine catapult that arties get then they are probably really really bad. becasue the mine catapult places their mines so far above any targets when they deploy that only a pretty new player will fall for them and fly up to the ceiling to trigger them.

alt text

DN_cult#1584 posted (#post-101857) Currently in discussion / design: · ̶W̶a̶i̶f̶u̶ ̶s̶k̶i̶n̶s

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.