FORUMS

Scramble seriously impacting player engagement

Posted: //
Nov. 12, 2018, 6:22 p.m.

I've heard multiple reports of players quitting the game due to physical trauma caused by this game's scramble effects. It seems to be having a massive impact on player retention, and needs to be addressed ASAP.

Nov. 13, 2018, 12:05 a.m.

"Mutiple reports " People are just butthurt about the scramble effects and how they can be abused hard making a simple 4man scramble builds deadly. There are much worse things that need attention than that

Nov. 13, 2018, 4:32 a.m.

While I can't comment on physiological effects or player retention, I can say that iI personally think the current scramble effect is a poor design. It's no fun to be hit by, nor is it particularly satisfying to use. I've had plenty of experiences where the pulse ultimately does nothing (blind fire is able to kill the scrambler) on both sides of the exchange, and I've also had experiences where it has screwed me over fantastically.

It's unreliable, ugly to look at, and just plain not fun to use or have used upon you. ItIt always just leads to annoyance and / or frustration. In my opinion, of course.

Nov. 13, 2018, 5:19 p.m.

I'd rather be scrambled than drained. The direction the ship was traveling in, and damage numbers tell me where my target is even if I am scrambled.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Nov. 16, 2018, 9:10 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 16, 2018, 9:11 p.m.

guessing some people don't know how to properly use it and fight it. does wonders for me and id rather lock down a healers vision then to save half my loadout to maybe break one healer while 2-3 others protect him.

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Nov. 17, 2018, 1:33 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 17, 2018, 1:34 p.m.

Personally I think it lasts too long. Yes you can fire where you last saw them but a good vette or vindicta player will get out of the way quick. The chain scramble is the prkblem, youre basically dead when it happens. I hate getting hit with it but ai dont think its a game breaker by any means.

Nov. 17, 2018, 5:53 p.m.

I think all scramble needs to have done to it is to remove damage numbers showing up for those who've been affected. Its not supposed to be fun to have it used against you, its a debuff. If being "debuffed" is fun then its not serving its purpose. whats next "taking damage is unfun and the game needs to be a cuddle party"?

alt text

DN_cult#1584 posted (#post-101857) Currently in discussion / design: · ̶W̶a̶i̶f̶u̶ ̶s̶k̶i̶n̶s

Nov. 17, 2018, 6 p.m.

Oberon#9012 posted (#post-233831) said:

I think all scramble needs to have done to it is to remove damage numbers showing up for those who've been affected. Its not supposed to be fun to have it used against you, its a debuff. If being "debuffed" is fun then its not serving its purpose. whats next "taking damage is unfun and the game needs to be a cuddle party"?

i disagree, those need to be there or youre a sitting duck. No one liked being debuffed but its part of the game, we have to deal. Id like to see the static fade more as it happens, but again, i dont feel in its current form its a game breaker.

Nov. 18, 2018, 6:38 a.m.

You know modules and everything else will still lock on and work right? It is just a visual debuff, nothing more.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Nov. 18, 2018, 11:03 a.m.

SkyRaider#3584 posted (#post-233833) said:

i disagree, those need to be there or youre a sitting duck. No one liked being debuffed but its part of the game, we have to deal. Id like to see the static fade more as it happens, but again, i dont feel in its current form its a game breaker.

I see it as more when you're scrambled your visuals are disrupted and the numbers are part of the visual overlay so that should be scrambled as well. But I would agree having a more gradual fade on the static wouldn't be a terrible idea. but as with you, I don't think scramble in its current form is a game breaker. its an annoyance sure but if it was as OP as some people want to claim then it would be widely used and not just used on light dessies.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-233837) said:

You know modules and everything else will still lock on and work right? It is just a visual debuff, nothing more.

That I didn't know. But I guess it makes sense because we have the disrupt debuff so having scramble also disrupt would remove the need for disrupt.

alt text

DN_cult#1584 posted (#post-101857) Currently in discussion / design: · ̶W̶a̶i̶f̶u̶ ̶s̶k̶i̶n̶s

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.