FORUMS

Healing Still Feels Strong on Top End

Posted: //
Nov. 14, 2018, 11:58 a.m.

As per the title, the effective durability afforded by a good healer with a good build still feels a little over the top. I realize there are counters to it, but I feel like the overwhelming majority of my build and gameplay decisions often end up revolving around trying to deal with the enemy healers.

I'm not sure what I'd prefer to see done about the situation- mostly just expressing my observation that healing (and the countering there-off) still seems to dominate the game a good bit.

Perhaps lowering the speed of in-combat healing but raising the speed of out-of-combat healing would help. Alternatively, adding an incoming heal reduction or block to either the drain or disruption effects would increase the counter options for in-combat healing.

Nov. 14, 2018, 12:20 p.m.

It sounds like you are taking it upon your self to be the anti healer member of your team. I often take on that roll with my Jutland/Monarch. Tarterus nuke followed by me jumping on to said healer and eating them. Every match needs someone with a set up to deal with the healers. With that said, I've been on teams that didn't have a healer on our side and managed just fine because we had the tools to counter them.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Nov. 15, 2018, 4:31 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 15, 2018, 4:59 a.m.

I do often take that role upon myself, yes. I find that if I don't, my team often loses. If I do, it often wins. The impact of uncountered healing is absolutely enormous, and countering it (done well) usually takes very deliberate and specific loadouts and tactics. It doesn't feel particularly organic. Things needing super hard counters like that usually just doesn't feel good to me. Furthermore, the counters to healing usually aren't even really counters to HEALING- they're just extremely strong combinations that MOST ships have little chance to survive from.

Disable all modules, jam thrusters, drain energy, clear all effects, and apply high DPS; that's not a counter to healing, that's a counter to being alive. XD

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-233776) said:

It sounds like you are taking it upon your self to be the anti healer member of your team. I often take on that roll with my Jutland/Monarch. Tarterus nuke followed by me jumping on to said healer and eating them. Every match needs someone with a set up to deal with the healers. With that said, I've been on teams that didn't have a healer on our side and managed just fine because we had the tools to counter them.

Nov. 15, 2018, 9:58 a.m.

If i'm not on a Dreadnought, i generally, just burst them down. I can normally kill a Tac with RF on an art, or ABP on a corvette or ram on a destroyer.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Nov. 16, 2018, 4:56 p.m.

I would agree in the sense that a single healer can change the outcome of a game way too much. Yes, it should be able to change the game, but Ive seen too many even after the update where a good healer = victory. And if the players (especially solos) arent equiped with the modules needed to counter theres not a lot to be done.

Im not saying theyre OP, just need some tweeking.

Also, can we please stop healing of the command ship onslought? A good healer parking himself by the CS just ruins the match.

Nov. 17, 2018, 2:23 a.m.

SkyRaider#3584 posted (#post-233807) said:

I would agree in the sense that a single healer can change the outcome of a game way too much. Yes, it should be able to change the game, but Ive seen too many even after the update where a good healer = victory. And if the players (especially solos) arent equiped with the modules needed to counter theres not a lot to be done.

Im not saying theyre OP, just need some tweeking.

Also, can we please stop healing of the command ship onslought? A good healer parking himself by the CS just ruins the match.

I've seen good anything swing matches. I've seen ramming Vindies, EM Vigos, even Tarterus Dreads turns games around. It can be done with any ship, healers are just the most common.

Nov. 17, 2018, 12:55 p.m.

I agree that any one ship can make a difference, but I have to say healers definitely can do it moreso than others. Case in point: I played with a squad once and a healer tagged along with me. I belive I had my Invictus, but basically I got sandwiched between two enemy dreads. I took both out and never dropped beloe 50% health. Thats a major impact. Or I could point to when a healer camps at a command ship and when the other team can kill your command ship and you cnt get theirs, it usually ends up one sided.

Nov. 17, 2018, 3:50 p.m.

Those 2 dreads where 1) not that good(seeing as they didnt kill the healer) or 2) not set up to burst you down.

As a dread I can generally take on 2-3 ships on my own and win as long as none have disrupt and are foolish enough to get close. Skill and load out count for a lot in this game.

Nov. 17, 2018, 5:52 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-233824) said:

Those 2 dreads where 1) not that good(seeing as they didnt kill the healer) or 2) not set up to burst you down.

As a dread I can generally take on 2-3 ships on my own and win as long as none have disrupt and are foolish enough to get close. Skill and load out count for a lot in this game.

Not going to disagree with anything you said, but at the same Im an experienced player and Ive definitely had times where a healer has come in and boom, youre done. Theres been multiple times Ive taken out the healer but have been killed because the player with the healer hit me the whole time and I didnt have enough left to beat them.

Nov. 18, 2018, 4:46 p.m.

I'm constantly getting f**cked by single healers bunkering down with 3-4 Dreadnoughts walling it off from every angle. Seriously, as far as TD and Onslaught goes, this has to be the new meta, because I cannot find a counter for it.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.